• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Ranking the power forwards

macdaddy

• Moderators

ranking PFs

7. Josh Smith(notes), Atlanta Hawks (last year: 11th)Smith just got it together last season. And when you're a player of Josh's considerable skill and athletic ability, getting it together leads to big things.

He's just an all-rounder, tossing in a relatively paltry 16 points and nine rebounds (and that's rounded up), but shooting over 50 percent while averaging 3.7 combined steals/blocks and 4.2 assists. My man, that works.

Famously, at least around these parts, he also gave up on 3-pointers last season. After averaging 112 3-point attempts between 2005 and 2009, Josh attempted just seven last season, and to these eyes nearly all of them were last-second heaves from half court or beyond.

He's ranked behind Boozer but other than that he's only behind perenial all stars and at least one hall of famer.

• Admin

ranking PFs

7. Josh Smith(notes), Atlanta Hawks (last year: 11th)Smith just got it together last season. And when you're a player of Josh's considerable skill and athletic ability, getting it together leads to big things.

He's just an all-rounder, tossing in a relatively paltry 16 points and nine rebounds (and that's rounded up), but shooting over 50 percent while averaging 3.7 combined steals/blocks and 4.2 assists. My man, that works.

Famously, at least around these parts, he also gave up on 3-pointers last season. After averaging 112 3-point attempts between 2005 and 2009, Josh attempted just seven last season, and to these eyes nearly all of them were last-second heaves from half court or beyond.

He's ranked behind Boozer but other than that he's only behind perenial all stars and at least one hall of famer.

Now if he would just stop taking the deep twos. Watch his FG% go way up

It sucks that he got snubbed last year for the all star team.

Every Hawks would agree.

With Kevin Garnett(fan vote), Chris Bosh, and Carlos Boozer in the East its going to be tough for Smoove to make the East squad.

Bosh and Boozer's numbers will drop. Former will have less opportunities to score and later will play alongside with well rebounding C and shoot first PG, neither is half a defender Josh is.

Boozer is overrated, he's been lucky enough to play with some great PG's the last few years. There is also no gaurantee he can stay healthy the entire season. Kevin Garnett is old , and is starting to slow down. Plus he can't guard Smoove. What i'm trying to say is , the rankings of players for any position, mens absolutely nothing at the end of the day.

Boozer is overrated, he's been lucky enough to play with some great PG's the last few years. There is also no gaurantee he can stay healthy the entire season. Kevin Garnett is old , and is starting to slow down. Plus he can't guard Smoove. What i'm trying to say is , the rankings of players for any position, mens absolutely nothing at the end of the day.

Overrated ? I don't think so. He's a great scorer and one of the better rebounders in the league. He deserves the spot he's at, because he consistently shoots over 50% while putting up points in the high teens and rebounding in double digits. Not too many players in the league do that right now.