• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Michael Vick & Andy Reid.

Diesel

• Moderators

As a backup, Vick is under no pressure to "prove" anything to fans and media (outside of proving he can stay out of trouble on probation). He responds best, both on and off the field, when he is not under fan and media pressure.

He'll stay the backup until Kolb gets back and starts sucking again, and then Reid, who no longer has McNabb to shield him, will put him in permanently to stifle the BooBirds. Vick will need to spread the ball around a little more (TE, second and third receivers) to be effective long-term.

~lw3

• Moderators

I'd also like to see him against a competent defense (unlike the Lions) that is preparing for him. I didn't see the game, but saw the good stats and read that the Lions' sucky DBs had their hands on a number of passes and couldn't pull them in. If that is true, it could mean more TOs when they play against a better team.

Vick is still the most dynamic and exciting player in the league, in my opinion, because at quarterback he touches it on every play. The Eagles offensive line is not that great -- Vick ran away from a number of sacks, including one where he should have gotten nailed on the blindside and probably fumbled, but instead spun off the blitzer in a video game moment and rolled out for a completion downfield.

The guy is still capable of amazing things and looks much more polished. (Granted no one has game planned for him yet and he has yet to face a great defense, but we always suspected Mora and Knapp were not the ones to get the most out of him.) If Kolb comes back and struggles it won't be long...

• Moderators

The Vikings are struggling with Farve right now... think of what Vick could do with them. Good defense + Andrian Peterson +Vick = Bingo!

My feeling last year was that the Vikings were the perfect team for Vick because they had a strong line, a great running game, and Vick could be dynamic without having to carry the team.