• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Consensus on trading part of our core.

Wretch

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

Just curious as to where we all stand on our front court guys. Is everybody comfortable with them?

Would you trade either if the situation arose (like...NOW with Carmelo)?

Or are you of the belief that this team, as is, will eventually get us into the ECF?

I picked the 1st option (trade either for an upgrade in talent.)

That being said....I would prefer to trade Smoove simply b/c Horford can play the center position, which is the hardest position in the NBA to find quality players at.

The problem is that the Nuggets want a 1st round pick and the Hawks will probably be picking between 20 and 26 again. Those picks are not that valuable.

(Smoove / Crawford's expiring deal / pick #25) may not be exactly what the Nuggets looking for. The Nuggs may prefer a young guy still on his rookie contract (unlike Smoove but just like Favors), and a better pick to go along with that expiring deal that is needed to make it work under the CBA.

Edited by coachx

Smith and only for CP3, period.

• Premium Member

Interesting that so far we would rather trade Josh Smith...

If I had to pick one, I'd (very sadly) part with Horford. Smoove does so much on the floor...you just can't replace it. I think Horford has more potential and is a natural PF (and serviceable center), but he would definitely fetch us the right piece

• Premium Member

I picked trade Horford on this basis:

-he's more tradeable (we get more in return)

-Smoove is locked in 4 more years at a price worth his talent

-Horford will command $15mil a year

-people always complain we need a true center anyway

Moneywise, you have to go with moving Horf. Smoove's deal and talent is just too good. However, I wouldn't move Horf unless I was getting CP3 back. I have not yet seen enough in Melo to make me wreck a team for him. I know, bonafide star, blah blah blah but I don't know if he makes his team better? I would rather take CP3 who does make his team better.

Though a fun hypothetical scenario to run, the real issue is what is available and at what cost? If trading Smith or Horford get's you a PG of similar value, then you have to consider it. This is mainly due to the size of current contracts. Smith's contract means we can trade for an upper level and earning PG (e.g. Parker) without having to include a large portion of the bench. Horford's smaller contract would require adding in another significant piece and/or two more players to get the same guy. In other words, trading Smith requires fewer Hawk assests to move than Horford, while assuming the trade is for an established PG.

That said, Milwaukee comes to us and says Jennings for Horford, DONE.

I would make it happen with either smith or horford!! JJ needs a star like melo on his side. With melo on this team we are instant contenders in my eyes!......people say we need a true center well guess what there aint one out there to get cause most teams are holding on to their true centers so i say go after melo and then next year try to find a true center. here's the thing melo and jj would make other players want to come and play for the ATL. im sure of that cause those players will see the championship potential we will have and thats what its all about!