• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks vs Sixers

exodus

Well, after a great debut for Drew, we saw some Woody ball in action tonight. We kept the Sixers in a comfortable 10+ point range for most of the game until we decide to slow it down. As soon as that happened the Hawks repeatedly cornered themselves and not only failed to score, but turned it over and fueled the Sixers' fast break. Please learn from this!

I have to say, as frustrating as Josh's offense was tonight, him shutting down the paint was incredible. Especially in the early 3rd quarter. I have never seen a team so scared to take a shot in the paint. Poor Hawes might be scarred for life.

• Like 1

i guess i have just accepted that you have to take the bad that comes along with the good from josh. he takes too many long jumpers, which is frustrating sometimes. but then he makes a three that he has absolutely no business making, and then blocks the game tieing shot securing the win. that's josh smith

And we all love him at the end of the day lol

Well, after a great debut for Drew, we saw some Woody ball in action tonight. We kept the Sixers in a comfortable 10+ point range for most of the game until we decide to slow it down. As soon as that happened the Hawks repeatedly cornered themselves and not only failed to score, but turned it over and fueled the Sixers' fast break. Please learn from this!

I have to say, as frustrating as Josh's offense was tonight, him shutting down the paint was incredible. Especially in the early 3rd quarter. I have never seen a team so scared to take a shot in the paint. Poor Hawes might be scarred for life.

yeah, we went back to the iso. we got away with it tonight, against a bad team. good teams will shut that down. the sixers shut it down, they're just not good enough to finish the job. pass the ball joe and crawford. how about posting up horford, who obviously couldn't be stopped tonight. i think that's going to be one of our biggest problems; having our stars defer to players that are having great games. like nique says "feed em and fan em"

• Premium Member

Here's my take.

I think we were dominant in spurts. I really like the Joe Johnson of the first three quarters. I saw the fella Iso joe and at the time I was happy to see him. He had Yung fella on the mismatch and he was abusing him. However, when Jrue came in, Iso Joe should have left the game. LD is going to have to teach these guys when to Iso and when to play strong team ball.

Bibby has been really good so far. He's a good director. Jamal has done his thing. Horf is Horf. I actually noticed that we got a lot of punch from our Bench. Again, Kudos to LD.

I also credit Philly for not quitting BUT... They had help from the refs. I would almost bet that the refs turned a blind eye to make the game more interesting down the stretch. I mean, I saw Jamal get Mugged. Zaza was getting hammered with no whistle. Noicioni is probably the dirtiest player in the game. And Jrue was handchecking like Mark Jackson. I honestly thought it was throwback night and Mark Jackson left the Heat broadcast to demonstrate defense.

Still, it's always good to win on the road against a team with good post players.

• Like 1

Yep.

The 4th quarter of this game definitely needs to be used as a learning point for Larry Drew. Realize that at some point, this team will need to use isolation sets to be successful, but not when you have taken the other team out with your motion offense. Also, Larry needs to realize where he has mismatches. Instead of forcing the action to Joe and Jamal, who were being guarded very well by Jrue Holiday and Andre Iguodala, he needs to take advantage of the mismatches in other spots. It didn't matter who guarded Al Horford tonight, it was a mismatch in the Hawks favor.

Also, Larry should never give Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby heavy minutes at the same time. These two cannot defend a chair, and that mismatch was exploited in the 4th quarter by the 76ers. If you are going to go with either Mike or Jamal, then either Marvin or Jeff Teague need to be on the floor with them. Outside of Joe, Marvin and Jeff are the only solid perimeter defenders on this team. We are not a good perimeter defensive team, which I was telling all of you about prior to the season when most of you wanted to dedicate half the roster to the center position, which this team is very strong at.

Larry also needs to pay attention to stats, because the stats show the Hawks have been very good with Al and Zaza on the floor at the same time over the past two seasons. He does not need to avoid using those two at the same time. When Josh went out with the technical foul, it was foolish to bring in Josh Powell instead of Zaza.

• Like 1

another thing. smoove has no business guarding A.I.2.0. Smoove is a PF, Iggy is a SG, or at least has the skill set of a 2. iggy killed josh in the 2nd quarter. after two baskets you at least bring marvin in the game to guard iggy. but instead we let him get hot and single handedly keep the sixers in the game. somehow our game plan keeps josh on the perimeter, on offense and defense, i don't understand it, never have.

Yeah H5, that's pretty much my take. IMO one of the toughest things to do in the NBA is maintain a 10-14 point lead on the road for three quarters. Everybody knows the home team is gonna make a run.

I think were in the process of really blowing them out in the third but Smoove's injury after a block killed our momentum.

...He does not need to avoid using those two at the same time. When Josh went out with the technical foul, it was foolish to bring in Josh Powell instead of Zaza.

Agreed...good point. That would have been the perfect ime to bring in Zaza and switch Al to the four.