• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

"Me, NBA GM... You, Sund?" Sell Teague to Me

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

Proposed something similar last season with Marvin, and got good feedback, and figured I'd try again but with a different player.

Same rules apply as before. What I'm interested in seeing is, after picking up the phone and calling a GM, what attributes would YOU use to give the impression you're doing them the favor by trading them Jeff Teague.

This exercise presumes that a few of us would desire to part ways with Jeff and, through trading either him or (more likely, IMO) another player/draft pick, acquire a PG with a greater combination of seasoning, confidence, and/or upside. This also presumes that Bibby is perceived by this team as more of a keeper over the life of his contract than Teague.

For this thread, I don't care about who the team is, how he's "packaged," or what we think the Hawks would want for him (i.e., NO actual trade proposals!). Just what selling points you would use (if you were Sund) to convince me (a fellow NBA GM) that Jeff Teague would be a worthy addition to my NBA team.

~lw3

Sell you Teague? Alright I'll take $5 for him. Just get him out of our sight.

In all honesty I can't sell Teague to my ownself. The kid just doesn't have IT. So many damn good PGs recently and we are still stuck with what we got. About the only positive Teague has shown is he a pretty good defensive PG. If we wanted a defensive PG then we will bring Ivey back.

• Moderators

Sell you Teague? Alright I'll take $5 for him. Just get him out of our sight.

In all honesty I can't sell Teague to my ownself. The kid just doesn't have IT. So many damn good PGs recently and we are still stuck with what we got. About the only positive Teague has shown is he a pretty good defensive PG. If we wanted a defensive PG then we will bring Ivey back.

Pretty good defensive PG. Okay, then, there's that. For those who agree with that, it's a start...

~lw3

Has a lot of ability, but very raw at PG. Still learning the position on a winning team which can be hard since winning teams have less time to develop players than bad or very young teams. For his price or looking at the market, he is a keeper for us. PG needs to be a position we make a move at if nothing game-changing is done. Otherwise, it's an issue but what can we do.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I'll try:

"If you need youth and speed in your backcourt but don't want to get too sloppy with turnovers, here's your guy..."

"He gets into the paint with ease, and while he's learning how to finish, he's one of the best young free throw shooters in the league."

"Tenacious man defender against opposing PGs, with plenty of room to improve his overall defensive effectiveness with better positioning and awareness."

"You can give him time to groom himself for a starting spot, and if it doesn't work out, next year you've got yourself an expiring contract."

~lw3

• Like 2

I'll try:

"If you need youth and speed in your backcourt but don't want to get too sloppy with turnovers, here's your guy..."

"He gets into the paint with ease, and while he's learning how to finish, he's one of the best young free throw shooters in the league."

"Tenacious man defender against opposing PGs, with plenty of room to improve his overall defensive effectiveness with better positioning and awareness."

"You can give him time to groom himself for a starting spot, and if it doesn't work out, next year you've got yourself an expiring contract."

~lw3

This.

"he has tremendous physical tools but has struggled to display them consistently on this veteran team fighting for contention. He would be better served playing on your already established team where you can survive nights where he doesn't perform to his potential but reap the many benefits from nights where he does a la Shannon Brown or he would look great on your rebuilding team because he is the MVP of non-pressure packed minutes."

• Like 1