1 Boston 21 4 .840 - 11-1 10-3 6-1 17-2 101.5 92.0 +9.5 Won 12 10-0

2 Miami 21 8 .724 2 12-3 9-5 5-1 15-4 101.0 91.2 +9.8 Won 12 10-0

3 Chicago 16 9 .640 5 10-3 6-6 3-0 5-4 100.1 96.4 +3.7 Lost 1 7-3

4 Orlando 16 10 .615 5 ½ 9-4 7-6 5-2 12-5 96.6 92.8 +3.7 Lost 2 4-6

5 Atlanta 17 11 .607 5 ½ 9-5 8-6 4-2 13-7 97.5 96.1 +1.4 Won 1 6-4

6 New York 16 12 .571 6 ½ 6-7 10-5 4-3 10-7 107.9 107.3 +0.6 Lost 3 7-3

7 Indiana 12 13 .480 9 7-6 5-7 3-3 8-7 98.7 97.7 +1.0 Won 1 4-6

8 Philadelphia 11 16 .407 11

At New Orleans and at OKC will be tough games for the Hawks. Winnable, but tough. Today's game against NJ is key to getting back into the swing of things. Winning against CHA was nice but that team isn't going anywhere, period.

The way I see it Atlanta, Orlando, Chicago, and maybe the Knicks are fighting for 3-6. After that there is a precipitous drop in the caliber of teams in the East. Boston and Miami are clearly the class of the East having run off 10 straight each.

I'm looking at 3 things over this 7 game stretch. 1. How will the Magic look on Monday? It will be the new squad's 1st game together. 2. Can the Hawks take it on the road and beat a Bucks team on a back to back starting the day after XMAS? 3. Can the Hawks get that 96.1 ppg allowed number down significantly?

The Hawks have been kind of treading water so to speak this entire season. Chicago just lost Noah for 8 to 10 weeks which is devastating to them. Who knows what Orlando will do? I can see this Magic facelift going over like the ones Mark Cuban has tried several times in Dallas. They were all blockbuster deals at the time but never got the team out of being stuck in the mud. Someone is going to have to sell me on New York.

The Knicks aren't that good. It's Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, Orlando, and Boston who are the top 5 teams.

I hope Hawks will take opportunity to roll over tired and unorganized Magic. Howard had cramps last night and they don't have legit back up center.

Playing against NO and OKC we need to stop their PGs. Drew has to figure it out by either extending Teague's PT, trying with Jamal at PG (if he's available) and/or whatever he thinks will work.

I hope they don't lose to Cleveland like they did in Detroit.

The Knicks aren't that good. It's Atlanta, Chicago, Miami, Orlando, and Boston who are the top 5 teams.

The Knicks are better now.

They actually have a PG and Amare is not falling off the wagon like Joe has been doing since late last season.

Oh, and they have Mike while the Hawks have Larry and his floundering offense that is increasing in suckage as the seadon goes along.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

The Knicks are better now.

They actually have a PG and Amare is not falling off the wagon like Joe has been doing since late last season.

Oh, and they have Mike while the Hawks have Larry and his floundering offense that is increasing in suckage as the seadon goes along.

The Hawks should just go after Nash. I know his defense is bad but at least his name and style of play would bring some excitement to this team. There really isn't anything to look forward to this year with the Hawks.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Our esteemed all star had his usual shooting % today (again) as he went 4-16.

I know. He's coming of an injury. Still, his entire season consists of missed shots.

And, Hawks lose the game. It being NFL Sunday, I just now found out they played

today @ 1 PM. I watched the Colts, then the Falcons. Both won!

Any one watch this game and know what happened??

:cant believe:

• Premium Member

I know. He's coming of an injury. Still, his entire season consists of missed shots.

For some reason they were blacked out in TN, i tried to watch but there was poker on. I watched the Titans and the Falcons and both won.

I tried watching that piece of junk game. The Hawks looked AWFUL.

JJ was hot early and then couldn't make a shot. The whole team forgot how to shoot in the 2nd half of the game. Since the hot start, the Hawks have looked an average team. They just aren't getting it done.

The Thrashers are quickly becoming my prefered team to watch over the winter.

how much $ is he making?

Yeah, I saw the 2nd half. Tough game. Drew left Bibby and Smith in too long. If Bibby is getting beat on defense he should go to Teague. If Josh is doing his Josh thing, he should go with Powell. I don't know, the more I see this team the more I feel that we have to get Josh and Marvin out of here. They both epitomize the things that hold this team back.