• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Portland seems like an ideal trade partner.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

They have:

1. Veterans with expiring contracts at positions the Hawks need help at,

-and-

2. A need to make changes due to injuries, chemistry issues, and underperformance.

I could see the two teams swapping out some expiring contracts, especially if the Hawks do not intend to re-sign Jamal.

(I'll throw out a possible trade for discussion purposes: Jamal/Evans/Thomas -for- Miller/Pryzbilla).

• Like 1

• Moderators

I don't why this board is infatuated with Pryz. The guys 7 feet, been in the league 10 years, is making $7.5 million, and has career average of 4 points, 6 boards. Miller is a good player but i haven't seen him lately. If we are trading Jamal I think we need to address our wing situation. We need a 2/3 that can score and defend.

But getting Miller for Jamal might be ok. I don't see anyone else they are parting with that we would want though.

I would be interested in Pryzbilla if he shows he can still be effective after this latest injury. At his age there is no guarantee if he will regain his form. He has only played in 8 games and his minutes are going down when they should be going up.

Since Camby isn't an expiring contract I doubt he is an option.

I'm not much of a fan of Miller for this offense. He dominates the ball and is a poor shooter. I just don't think he 's a fit for this offense. Roy has issues with him b/c of how much he dominates the ball. I think I'd rather have Jamal then Miller ( a healthy Jamal that is).

Now if Jamal / fillers get us Miller / Pryzbilla (both expiring contracts) then I would pull the trigger IF Pryzbilla regains his form. Pryz has a month and a half to show what he has left before the trade deadline.

Edited by coachx

I think I would pass on Miller all together. His game is evidently starting to really decline. The better move is for Fernandez, but he'd have to come over with other contracts. At this point the Hawks need to decide if they are willing to let Teague develop or if its time to find a mid-20s PG who can actually lead the team in the hear and now. I'm in favor of going out and getting a 20 something guy who can still grow with team. So, I don't see Portland as a good trading partner. Houston has what we need in Lowry.

I think I would pass on Miller all together. His game is evidently starting to really decline. The better move is for Fernandez, but he'd have to come over with other contracts. At this point the Hawks need to decide if they are willing to let Teague develop or if its time to find a mid-20s PG who can actually lead the team in the hear and now. I'm in favor of going out and getting a 20 something guy who can still grow with team. So, I don't see Portland as a good trading partner. Houston has what we need in Lowry.

I like Lowry as a top shelf bench PG to compliment Bibby. He has that "dog" in him. Maybe he can help Teague bring that "dog" out.

Miller is the PG we need. I much rather have him "dominate" the ball and make thing happen than Joe and/or Jamal. 13 points and 7.3 assists is declining? Miller is focused more on getting his players involved and attacking the basket than shooting (thats a good thing) even though he has a solid mid range jumper and shoots 88% from the Free Throw line.

And Roy looks done this year and that can't be blamed on Dre. Some Portland fans are even calling Dre MVP of their team this year.

Edited by GameTime