• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

StevenHunter:9Fouls,10Pts,5Rbs,36%FG%N37TotalMins.

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

7 pts, 7 rbs, and 20% shooting in 38 minutes from Griffith.

However, Olumide O., a 21 year old formerly with The Sonics, has taken up some of the slack at Pf with 26 pts & 20 rbs in 67 total minutes.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/Magic_to_Hos...e-46666-66.html

IMO, we need some continued poor play from Griffith and Hunter for Orlando to truly consider a Mike Miller for Nazr deal. Here's hoping the two continue to not pan out in the short term (as I don't want to see them fail, just us get a trade that helps us). Miller would really fit our needs IMHO and to get him for Nazr would be a steal.

W

People can get overhyped when they have a good 6 game summer league.

However, this is not the case for Hunter, or people who are stinking it up. If you can't perform in the summerleage than what makes you think you will perform BETTER in the NBA.

I understand the point that players who perform well in summer league will probably not get the same results in the NBA season. But this is not the case with Hunter. The only big numbers he is putting up is fouls. If he is not ready to compete in this his 2nd season and summer camp, than he is not ready to be counted on to help the Magic's inside game.

You should. I know you always say only pay attention to the Hawks, but Orlando went on record to say that if Hunter does not perform well in the Summer League, they will look for a trade for a big man.

With a bad outing, this could lead to a Nazr for Mike Miller trade.

With that trade, we would have a very very good lineup of

JT/DD

DJ/DG/EMail

MM/Toni/Ira

SAR/Hendu/CC

Theo/Hendu

We still need to follow that up and get rid of some of our SG/SF base. A Toni for Dale Davis or somehow get Declerq type of trade. We need to get rid of EMail,Toni or CC

I don't know about Raja Bell, but I would take Zack Randolf right now. It's hard to get off the bence when you have Rasheed Wallace, Dale Davis, and Shawn Kemp in front of you. I would much rather have Zack Randolf then Hendu.

The kid has talent and didn't get to show it because he is on portlands team. Whom kind of reminds me of another young player that was on Portlands team years ago. O yea Jermaine Oneal I guess he was a benchwarmer also.

Come on! Just because you and Walter are always going at it doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to see what he's saying. He is 100% right on with this post. I have read SEVERAL articles which indicate that the Magic's GM (Gabriel) is going to assess the summer league play of Hunter and Griffith before he will really consider trading Mike Miller for a big man. Walter's point is if they continue to perform poorly in summer league, the likelihood of them trading Miller for a big man increases significantly and therefore, we might have a shot at getting Mike Miller in a deal for Nazr. Even you admit that this would be a great deal for the Hawks.

Walter was not saying that these guys were going to be great players because of their summer league stats and that's what your response (and several others) indicates that you thought he was saying. He is saying that their poor play in summer league COULD lead to the Magic trading Miller for a big man (hopefully Nazr). Gabriel won't base his decision regarding whether or not to trade Miller SOLELY on how those guys play, but if they continue to play poorly, it certainly will be a factor in any decision he makes. THAT was Walter's point!

Guest Walter

It was they who reportedly stated that their urgency in getting front line help would depend upon the offseason development of Hunter and play of Griffith.

They can't afford to "wait until there are real coaches, real plays, and real teams playing" if neither Hunter or Griffith are gonna give them anything. Why else do you think there are rumors of a preseason trade of Miller for Nazr? Because they can afford to WAIT?

W

Guest Walter

2 new games to consider...

Olumide got 9 pts, 9 bds in 28 minutes and 4 pts, 7 bds in 27 minutes.

Hunter played 1 minute the last two games (and managed not to foul).

Griffith seems a waste. He only played 8 minutes in both games, though. Would've been a good story but he doesn't seem to put up any good numbers.

Thus, if Olumide is their only post player showing ANYTHING then they will need help inside badly and need a center even more. They just won't put their trust in a Pf they haven't even signed yet, a reinjured guy who hasn't shown anything, and whatever Griffith is. My hope of a Nazr for Mike Miller trade may come true. Just keep stinking it up for awhile longer Magic big men. Then you can play just well enough to lose to us.

I want a hungry Mike Miller on our team. One who will kill Orlando everytime he faces them.

W

W

This is an NBA team. Trying to improve this team is the job of Babcock and everyone in the front office. Too much trouble? Are you saying we should forget trying to upgrade and start Newble at SF? I love Newble, but Miller is years ahead of him. I'd be overjoyed to have Miller in Atlanta.