• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

David Price in Atlanta?

jy23

I know he still has some time left on his contract but if he were to come here when it was up then it would be huge.....my question to you guys is do you think that the braves would pony up the money to actually get him?

I know for a fact that he likes atlanta and likes the braves.....I have a close relationship with his dad Bonnie and found out alot of stuff over the weekend....just wanted to know you guys thoughts on him

• Moderators

He seems like a stud #1 pitcher. The Braves always value pitching so they could make a play for him but they have several very good arms in both the majors and the minors so it is unlikely SP will be near the top of our list of needs when he becomes a FA. Any team is lucky to have him, though.

He seems like a stud #1 pitcher. The Braves always value pitching so they could make a play for him but they have several very good arms in both the majors and the minors so it is unlikely SP will be near the top of our list of needs when he becomes a FA. Any team is lucky to have him, though.

Yea we have good young pitching but nothing like this guy....Hanson is at least a step down from Price and thats saying something. A guy like that is someone that you could build a rotation around for years and with what Philly is doing with pitchers we need someone like him at the top of the rotation to give us a real shot.

Like I said earlier I have a relationship with his father and actually got to meet David over the weekend and sit down and talk with him for hours about nothing but baseball.....found out alot of interesting things and like I said I know that he likes the city and I know that he likes the braves organization, he grew up a fan of the braves and his dad still is a fan....couple of other things that they told me that would lead me to believe that the braves would be very high on his list of teams but I dont really know how much of that I should be saying so I'll just leave it at that.....but trust me the braves have a great shot at landing this guy if they just pony up the money.....thats the problem :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie:

I know he still has some time left on his contract but if he were to come here when it was up then it would be huge.....my question to you guys is do you think that the braves would pony up the money to actually get him?

I know for a fact that he likes atlanta and likes the braves.....I have a close relationship with his dad Bonnie and found out alot of stuff over the weekend....just wanted to know you guys thoughts on him

His dad's name is Bonnie ?

Sorry...back to the topic. Unfortuantely, the elite pitchers like him typically go to the high bidding teams like the Yankees (CC Sabathia) , Redsox, Mets (Santana), and now Phillies (Halladay & Lee). The Braves just don't have that type of budget to get in bidding war over the highest paid pitchers in the game.

Edited by coachx

• Moderators

Yea we have good young pitching but nothing like this guy....Hanson is at least a step down from Price and thats saying something. A guy like that is someone that you could build a rotation around for years and with what Philly is doing with pitchers we need someone like him at the top of the rotation to give us a real shot.

Like I said earlier I have a relationship with his father and actually got to meet David over the weekend and sit down and talk with him for hours about nothing but baseball.....found out alot of interesting things and like I said I know that he likes the city and I know that he likes the braves organization, he grew up a fan of the braves and his dad still is a fan....couple of other things that they told me that would lead me to believe that the braves would be very high on his list of teams but I dont really know how much of that I should be saying so I'll just leave it at that.....but trust me the braves have a great shot at landing this guy if they just pony up the money.....thats the problem :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie: :helpsmilie:

The Braves also have several of the top pitching prospects in the miners. If they have a couple guys like Hansen, I just don't know how much they will be willing to commit to a FA. Price is a stud, though, and I wish we had him. Braves fans would love watching him.

His dad's name is Bonnie ?

Sorry...back to the topic. Unfortuantely, the elite pitchers like him typically go to the high bidding teams like the Yankees (CC Sabathia) , Redsox, Mets (Santana), and now Phillies (Halladay & Lee). The Braves just don't have that type of budget to get in bidding war over the highest paid pitchers in the game.

LOL yes his dads name is Bonnie....and normally you would be right about the yanks and the sox but this time I can almost guarantee you that he wont go that way. His dad is a VERY frugal man....I mean VERY frugal and he basically told david that he has to go somewhere that he and his wife can fly Southwest and with the relationship that he and his father have I'm pretty sure thats exactly what david is going to do......now David didnt tell me that he only wants to play for the braves but I got more than enough from talking to him to know that if the Braves wanted him they could have him EASILY!

Lol and my girlfriend got mad at me because she said I was recruiting for the braves and if I'm going to be doing that then I should be getting paid for it

As awesome as it'd be to have Price pitching for the Braves, this is the same type of wishful thinking as all the Nash for Jamal/Marvin type trades... Won't happen.

Not really since we need a PG, the braves have plenty of pitching already and some damn good prospects.

Not really since we need a PG, the braves have plenty of pitching already and some damn good prospects.

:facepalm:

I know that we already have a very solid rotation and some promising up n' comers, what I was getting at is that both examples are just wishful thinking.

Even if David Price would like to come to the Braves in FA, he's still going to want a fat contract and the Braves have no reason to give him one considering the state of our pitching (majors and minors). So it's wishful thinking to believe the Braves would actually get him.

Even if the Suns want to move Nash, you really think they'd do it for Jamal and Marvin (with his fat contract and the fact that the Suns are already over-loaded at the F positions) type scenarios everyone posts up in the Homecourt? Again, another example of wishful thinking. Regardless of whether we need a starting PG (which we obviously desperately do) or not, Nash isn't coming to the Hawks.

:facepalm:

Even if the Suns want to move Nash, you really think they'd do it for Jamal and Marvin (with his fat contract and the fact that the Suns are already over-loaded at the F positions) type scenarios everyone posts up in the Homecourt? Again, another example of wishful thinking. Regardless of whether we need a starting PG (which we obviously desperately do) or not, Nash isn't coming to the Hawks.

No but they might Trade Nash for Crawford's expiring + Teague = 1st

They get a project PG, a 1st round pick, and cap relief with a crowd pleasing player. That is exactly what they would be looking for.

They will not be able to get a lottery pick for a 36 year old PG. No lottery team has time to build around a 36 year old player.

Getting Price would be like when the team got Maddux in the early 1990s (1992?), so yes, I would think this is within the realm of possibility. Getting Price opens up trade options to fill gapping holes in the offense.

For example, the Braves need: a 3rd baseman of the future- this could be Prado, bu then we need a LF.

There is the CF hole.

We have no idea what Freeman is going to do a 1st.

And then there's SS.

So, I'm for getting Price, as long as it is at the speculated reasonable price.

On a related note, did you guys see that Bon Jovi is looking to buy into the Falcons for a reported 150 mil? Isn't that about what it would cost Blank to buy the Braves?

Maybe wishful thinking, but I do know Arthur loves baseball and wants to own a MLB team.

Getting Price would be like when the team got Maddux in the early 1990s (1992?), so yes, I would think this is within the realm of possibility. Getting Price opens up trade options to fill gapping holes in the offense.

For example, the Braves need: a 3rd baseman of the future- this could be Prado, bu then we need a LF.

There is the CF hole.

We have no idea what Freeman is going to do a 1st.

And then there's SS.

So, I'm for getting Price, as long as it is at the speculated reasonable price.

On a related note, did you guys see that Bon Jovi is looking to buy into the Falcons for a reported 150 mil? Isn't that about what it would cost Blank to buy the Braves?

Maybe wishful thinking, but I do know Arthur loves baseball and wants to own a MLB team.

Yes I saw that and I hope that it happens, Bon Jovi has very deep pockets and is a good business man.....the more money the better, and yes it would be great if Blank could buy the braves as well

• 3 months later...

Bringing this back up bc once again bc I've spent time with his parents over the weekend....on saturday for a bbg and again today for a dinner and once again they basically told me they want David in Atlanta n that he wants to be here! I was talking about me being a braves fan and his mom started talking about them being braves fans and Davind being a braves fan as well "hint hint".....and no I'm not just throwing the hint hint part in....those were her exact words to me!!! Her husband then start talking about that giving David the chance to bat which is something he loves to do. So again just putting this out there....don't be shocked if (or when) he hits atlanta!

Bringing this back up bc once again bc I've spent time with his parents over the weekend....on saturday for a bbg and again today for a dinner and once again they basically told me they want David in Atlanta n that he wants to be here! I was talking about me being a braves fan and his mom started talking about them being braves fans and Davind being a braves fan as well "hint hint".....and no I'm not just throwing the hint hint part in....those were her exact words to me!!! Her husband then start talking about that giving David the chance to bat which is something he loves to do. So again just putting this out there....don't be shocked if (or when) he hits atlanta!

Pitching in the National League is something AL pitchers dream of. It keeps the ERA down to throw to a pitcher rather then a DH.

The Braves will soon have some money with Chipper coming off the books and Lowe coming off the books in a couple of years.

I'd love it ! Of course Price would be turning down more money from the Yankees and Red Sox to become a Brave come FA time.

Yeah he would be turning down some money but I would pretty much bet my house that he's not going to either one of those teams. Of course he didn't flat out tell me that he wasn't but from the conversations that I had with him he pretty much closed the door on those teams. Now his dad DID flat out tell me that he's not going there. His girlfriend was also over their house on saturday for the bbq and even she got in on it....saying how much she loves atlanta and that she also would like David in atlanta.....and when the girlfriends get involved its a done deal LOL!!!

But really the Yankees and Red Sox thing isn't going to happen unless they make a trade for him once Tampa Bay realizes they won't be able to keep him and don't just wont to lose him without getting prospects back.

We'd have to give up Jurrjens for sure (Boras client anyway) and some prospects.

and you'd be against that?

• 3 weeks later...

You seem to imply that Price is much better than Jair. How do you figure that? Jair, when healthy, is about as good as any pitcher in baseball.

David is pitching in the AL....AL east to be exact, and he has been brilliant! Maybe I'm being a little bias but I think the guy is a top 6 pitcher in the league, altho JJ is a great pitcher...not taking that away from him