• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Strong words from LD

NineOhTheRino

Zaza shouldn't start. His energy seems to be at higher level when he comes from the bench. He can't stop penetration. Twin is way much better defender.

Bibby gets bashing, but Jamal is not much better, esp. considering his physical make up.

Zaza shouldn't start.

Neither should Bibby but the roster is flawed.

We were very limited last night with Horford not playing. I do agree though. ZaZa and Bibby are just a bad combo. Bibby can't keep anyone in front of him and ZaZa can't defend the rim. ZaZa's only form of defense is a hard foul.

Its definately time to balance out the roster.

That sounds like a warning. I don't expect any changes to be made.

THIS!

And to add to coachx's point: This is one of the main problems with the Hawks. Drew could send a message by starting Teague/benching Smoove/whatever, but I don't believe he has the cojones to do it. Our plan Bs to our plan As suck (Bibby -> Teague; Smoove -> Powell; Mo freakin Evans). But, at some point, you gotta make a change to shake things up...and the replacement(s) have to rise up.

But yes, we sorely need some talent on our bench that can be called upon in situations like this.

Our PG issue is such a lose-lose right now it's not even funny. Teague is a three-four year project and is in his 2nd year. He's no where near ready to start in a NBA game as a PG of all positions. He just isn't good enough or talented enough yet. Bibby wheels have broken. He was below average for a couple of months but now, he seemed to fall from grace. He's a poor player right now. Can't defend, can't move well, can't score outside of open jumpers and 3 pointers. He's an easy mark on defense and an even easier match-up to attack. Drew needs a move badly. The core is carrying us. Smith, Joe, and Horford have been great for us. Marvin has been solid when healthy and is coming into his own in this offense. Jamal is our offensive juggernaut and our 2nd best playmaker. But the rest is a mess. Mo is a 9th or 10th guy off the bench at best playing mins a role player would play. Jordan is talented and can score but his BBIQ is low and he doesn't like to play within the flow of the offense. Powell, Zaza, Etan, and Collins....

I hope Nash and Hill are available or get Thabeet and Mayo.

:write a letter:

Remember this, and we've heard it enough that we know and believe that it's true.

Scorers go into slumps. They have times, games and series where they can't get

a shot to fall. So, did the Hawks offense go into a slump against the 76ers? Could be.

JJ couldn't find the basket. What few fouls we had called resulted in few points.

The real problem: Defense just doesn't go into a slump. If you can block a shot today

it's because you could block a shot yesturday. Box out? Rebound? Steal the ball? This

doesn't go into a slump. It's just there.

If this is true, then we assume that last night's defense by the Hawks was as good as it gets?

If this is true, we're in trouble. Big trouble. Talk about being a day late and a dollar short, our

defense went into permanent sleepwalk against the 76ers. Don't try to put all the fault on

Mike Bibby. He's just one of many who are guilty.

Hawks were sick against the 76ers. Literally. Ugh! Hope it's just a bump in the long season's

road and not something we have to look foreward to for the second half of the season.

:angry22:

:write a letter:

Remember this, and we've heard it enough that we know and believe that it's true.

Scorers go into slumps. They have times, games and series where they can't get

a shot to fall. So, did the Hawks offense go into a slump against the 76ers? Could be.

JJ couldn't find the basket. What few fouls we had called resulted in few points.

The real problem: Defense just doesn't go into a slump. If you can block a shot today

it's because you could block a shot yesturday. Box out? Rebound? Steal the ball? This

doesn't go into a slump. It's just there.

If this is true, then we assume that last night's defense by the Hawks was as good as it gets?

If this is true, we're in trouble. Big trouble. Talk about being a day late and a dollar short, our

defense went into permanent sleepwalk against the 76ers. Don't try to put all the fault on

Mike Bibby. He's just one of many who are guilty.

Hawks were sick against the 76ers. Literally. Ugh! Hope it's just a bump in the long season's

road and not something we have to look foreward to for the second half of the season.

:angry22:

The Sixers lost didn't get this response on Bibby. He's been awful on defense and has been even worst on offense of late. The Sixers lost was a team effort without question. No one showed up.

If I had to play the hand I'm dealt, my rotation would look like this:

Jamal/Bibby

JJ

Josh/Damien

Al/Marvin

Twin/ZZ

Damien could swing between 2/3 and Marvin 3/4

Under no circumstances would Josh Powell and ZZ be on the floor together.

Teague would get foul trouble minutes.

Good. I'm glad Drew is pissed, and not only at the effort of his players, but that he's examining his own role is such an epic and utterly embarrassing and unacceptable beatdown such as that one was. He SHOULD be pissed, his players SHOULD be pissed, and all of them need to realize what something like that does to the fans who love and care about this team.

I thought at the very least they would get pissed at the half being down by 32 points, and that that would motivate them to try harder in the second half and least try and make it look semi-respectable, but no. We were still outscored 52-50 in the second half, and as LD said, an effort such as that is just simply unacceptable. There is NO excuse.