• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Strong words from LD

NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

When asked if he expected his players to at least rebound with a better effort in the second...

I was expecting that, especially after my halftime talk. But I saw what I saw in the first half. It’s totally unacceptable to come out and play with that type of energy, that type of so-called passion, to play almost as if they don’t care. That’s a reflection of me. If that’s the case, then I’m going to have to make some changes in my starting lineup. I’ve seen that way too often. If that’s the way we’re going to start basketball games, I’m not going to sit here and take it. I’m going to make some changes.
Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Premium Member

hmmmm....

Drew's starting PF had more assist than his starting PG. There's something seriously wrong with that.

I hope that he is talking about Bibby. But what do you expect when your starting backcourt scores 11 points. Let's be real here he doesn't have the balls to bench Smoove or Bibby. He's going to bench Marvin. Bibby has no business starting and he appears to be done playing major minutes. He can't keep up with the other pgs in the league anymore. But he is going to bench Marvin.

Joe pretty much took the night off. Bibby was Bibby and Smoove was trying to be Kobe. He could be talking about any of the three. My hope would be that he is talking about Bibby, but I doubt it. He doesn't even bother trying at the defensive end anymore. LD is in a tough spot with this group. Maybe he stars Crawford and moves Joe to the point? I don't see many options for him.

Edited by 99PROBL3MS

• Premium Member

Drew seems to putting this loss on the Hawks piss poor defense. He used the term "dribble-penetration" several times during his post game presser. Looks like guys were blowing past Hawks defenders and the Hawks weren't doing much on the other end to offset it. I don't know about you but when I think about bad defense I think about Mike Bibby. Look for Teague or Jamal to crack the staring 5 next game. Also I think JC2 will be getting a fair amount of burn as well.

Edited by NineOhTheRino
  • Like 1

Drew seems to putting this loss on the Hawks piss poor defense. He used the term "dribble-penetration" several times during his post game presser. Looks like guys were blowing past Hawks defenders and the Hawks weren't doing much on the other end to offset it. I don't know about you but when I think about bad defense I think about Mike Bibby. Look for Teague or Jamal to crack the staring 5 next game. Also I think JC2 will be getting a fair amount of burn as well.

+1 LD is a smart guy. He knows what the deal is. So did Woody with the switching defense he used to cover for Mike. Joe and Marvin are good defenders for their position. Smoove can be an ellie defender when he feels like it and Al holds his own. These guys have to be tired of trying to overcompensate for Bibby after all these years. I don't know what LD had in store but if management isn't going to even attemper to get him a more effective PG, he must shake things up in house.

Maybe this effort will be the catalyst to turn the heat up on a trade. Frankly, as aggravating as it is that we always seem to get combo pg/sg's for our point guard, I guess we are going to have to look at Golden State and see if they bite on any proposal to get Ellis or Curry here. At least Curry seems to have some really good raw pg skills that could be cultivated. But Ellis could surprise and help us out a lot too. Something's got to change with our pg situation.

Let's see if LD is just all talk and no action. I don't get the impression that the player's respect him. But that's what happens when you hire the asst coach who has been the player's buddies for years as head coach.

He is too familiar to get tough with them. I never see any fire from LD during games. His post game speeches are intellegent, but by then the time for talk is too late. I hear a lot of talk from LD but his actions dont seem

to mirror his words. Just watching the way Smoove plays prooves that.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Let's see if LD is just all talk and no action. I don't get the impression that the player's respect him. But that's what happens when you hire the asst coach who has been the player's buddies for years as head coach.

He is too familiar to get tough with them. I never see any fire from LD during games. His post game speeches are intellegent, but by then the time for talk is too late. I hear a lot of talk from LD but his actions dont seem

100% agree on LD

It's a shame that LD's demeanor stays the same if the Hawks are losing by 30 or winning by 20. He talks about a lack of energy player wise but he sure is dropping the ball on his end. He doesn't have to be all NC State Sidney Lowe crazy but it would be nice to be able to tell if he's still breathing.

True, but all we can do is hope. A red flag went up for need when I read how much Smoove liked this hire along with his reasoning. I really like LD and want him to succeed. Hopefully he can walk the walk.

True, but all we can do is hope. A red flag went up for need when I read how much Smoove liked this hire along with his reasoning. I really like LD and want him to succeed. Hopefully he can walk the walk.

I think about that every time I'm playing 2k and I hear them say "Josh Smith liked the hire and said that last year when players had troubles they'd go talk to Drew ..." or something along those lines and all I'm thinking is great, the biggest head case on our team liked the hire ...

My red flag went up when Smoove started jacking 3's in preseason like he was Reggie Miller.

Changes HAVE to be made. This group has gotten away with no energy and no passion games like this for far too long.

If you were a fan at Phillips last night, would you want to buy tickets to another game? They have to see that this is killing

attendance too.

• Moderators

I missed the game (thank god) so I don't know if anybody showed up for this one. My solution would be to put every starter on the bench for the next game. They should be a unit and they failed as a unit. Start Teague, Crawford, Mo, Powell, Collins. That's a brutal lineup that will get smoked but the one thing it will do is get our starters on SportsCenter sitting on the bench. Humiliation can be a major negative reinforcement.

• Like 1

My red flag went up when Smoove started jacking 3's in preseason like he was Reggie Miller.

Changes HAVE to be made. This group has gotten away with no energy and no passion games like this for far too long.

If you were a fan at Phillips last night, would you want to buy tickets to another game? They have to see that this is killing

attendance too.

I have season tickets again this year, and last night I was waiting on another person in my crew who was kinda late. I was doing the Gorin's White Cup thing. :)

Anyways, he got there around the end of the 1st. I checked the score on my Droid and we both decided to not bother going in.

• Premium Member

I hate to beat the same drum but how does anyone expect this team to compete defensively when we have the worst defender at the PG in the entire NBA as a starter? I still boggle that Gearon ordered Sund to give Bibby a three year deal when the guy was on his last legs when he was traded here. We still have next season with his dead weight on our roster and cap.

• Moderators

I hate to beat the same drum but how does anyone expect this team to compete defensively when we have the worst defender at the PG in the entire NBA as a starter? I still boggle that Gearon ordered Sund to give Bibby a three year deal when the guy was on his last legs when he was traded here. We still have next season with his dead weight on our roster and cap.

This is the opposite of what everyone was saying about Bibby two months ago when he was leading the league in 3 pt shooting. He's still that same player but obviously in need of some rest right now. I didn't see last nights game but despite the fact that Bibby is physically not able to defend very well, he and Horford are the only ones on the team who play like professionals night in and night out. I'd rather watch Bibby get burned while trying to defend than watch Jamal just stand and watch a layup. Of course, I'd rather see Teague logging minutes and learning from mistakes. You think Louis Williams would ever have gotten minutes on a Hawks team?

• Premium Member

This is the opposite of what everyone was saying about Bibby two months ago when he was leading the league in 3 pt shooting. He's still that same player but obviously in need of some rest right now. I didn't see last nights game but despite the fact that Bibby is physically not able to defend very well, he and Horford are the only ones on the team who play like professionals night in and night out. I'd rather watch Bibby get burned while trying to defend than watch Jamal just stand and watch a layup. Of course, I'd rather see Teague logging minutes and learning from mistakes. You think Louis Williams would ever have gotten minutes on a Hawks team?

I've been on Bibby's defense since he got here. He flat out can not defend his position at all. AT ALL. This is why Woody had us do nothing but switch constantly on defense to try and mask Bibby. You can't do that and win in the playoffs. I'm sick of seeing Bibby get lit up like a Christmas tree. We need to see what Teague can give us or try to make a trade for an upgrade at PG. Even if it was just a defensive upgrade it would pay off.

• Like 1