• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Marvin now a bench player?

99PROBL3MS

Marvin starting or off the bench is irrelevant. My question is who the hell are we going to beat with Bibby and Jason Collins in our starting lineup? Jason Collins really shouldn't even be in the league. Alot of the squawkers act like he is some kind of Dwight Howard stopper or something. I think that we should start Teague and Crawford and let Bibby and Marvin come off of the bench. Marvin has developed some decent post moves and he and Bibby could work a nice two-man game off the bench. But then again Jason Collins may start and not play nothing but 10 minutes.

What's wrong with this lineup?

Jamal

JJ

Marv

Smoove

AL

I mean is just needs to stfu and play center. That's the only way he would be an all star. Horford the pf won't even sniff the all star game.

How about bringing Smoove off the bench and starting Marvin in the big lineup?

Edited by Wurider05
  • Like 2

This is the second consecutive game now that Marvin has been coming off the bench. We can't seriously start Jason Collins for the long haul can we? Maybe Marvin becomes the new 6th man if a trade is made to acquire a quality big.

this might be the second consecutive game he's come off the bench but it's sure not the first. Marvin should be a bench player to begin with but we just don't have the personnel to make that happen permanently. If Marvin does start coming off the bench I say why not start powell at pf , Al at C and Josh at SF when not needing to use a big lineup. Powell can knock down the mid range jump shot so can Al. I know this would never happen because our bench bigs would be Zaza, collins and Etan. But Etan never plays anyway so who cares. it would be interesting to see how a small-big line up would work. Also isn't Powell still in the doghouse?

AL/ Zaza/ Powell

Powell/ ?Josh/ Al/ Marvin/ Zaza?

Josh/ Marvin/ Mo

Joe/ Jamal/ JC2

Teague/ bibby/ JC2

Maybe even marvin at the 4 with the second unit so Mo at the 3 with jamal, teague and Zaza

Edited by GABALLA

Powell is terrible and should not be in an Iranian League rotation yet alone starting.

I don't mind Collins getting the Ivey treatment, he's not super terrible in his limited minutes and I do enjoy the better balanced bench. Has the added benefit of maybe freezing Mo out of the rotation for good. Jamal backs up the guard positions and Marv at the forwards and then Zaza at C. Not a terrible playoff rotation and you can sprinkle in Damien and Teague here and there.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Powell is terrible and should not be in an Iranian League rotation yet alone starting.

I don't mind Collins getting the Ivey treatment, he's not super terrible in his limited minutes and I do enjoy the better balanced bench. Has the added benefit of maybe freezing Mo out of the rotation for good. Jamal backs up the guard positions and Marv at the forwards and then Zaza at C. Not a terrible playoff rotation and you can sprinkle in Damien and Teague here and there.

No mo' Mo. Please Larry Drew make it happen.

Edited by Atlantaholic

• Premium Member

No mo' Mo. Please Larry Drew make it happen.

Mo Evans aka The Enigma...How this man is paid to play basketball is amazing.

anyway Drew likes him so don't hold your breath

Edited by NineOhTheRino

Mo Evans aka The Enigma...How this man is paid to play basketball is amazing.

anyway Drew likes him so don't hold your breath

I think it was decided in another thread he's the Enigmoe. :laughing5:

I'm wondering if Hawks starting lineups mean anything. When Collins starts he doesn't play starter minutes - he's maybe 15 at most. When he doesn't start, he's DNP Coaches Decision. So does it really mean anything if Collins starts?

Then you have Crawford who probably gets more minutes than anyone but Joe. Whether he starts or not, Marvin seems to get about the same number of minutes. If you look at who's one the floor at the end of the game its usually Joe, Bibby, Jamal, Al and Josh. (Sometimes Marvin over Bibby).