APG-5.2

SPG-0.8

BPG-0.1

FG% 0.458

FT% 0.831

3P% 0-7 all year according to NBA.com

MPG 25.6

What are all of your thoughts?

My thoughts are that Sessions is doing that for a 9-46 team. Bibby is doing it for a 34-21 team. Sessions has put up mediocre stats for terrible teams for his whole career. The NBA is not the same as NBA2k. You can't look at NBA.com stat sheets and make a decent comparison.

But like I've said, we need change for the sake of change at this point. Getting a new starting PG would accomplish that.

• Premium Member

My thoughts are that Sessions is doing that for a 9-46 team. Bibby is doing it for a 34-21 team. Sessions has put up mediocre stats for terrible teams for his whole career. The NBA is not the same as NBA2k. You can't look at NBA.com stat sheets and make a decent comparison.

But like I've said, we need change for the sake of change at this point. Getting a new starting PG would accomplish that.

Bad team or not, the guy just put up 32 points and 8 assists in a win over the Lakers. The guy is better than Bibby, easily.

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Like 1

For the most part I don't mind Bibby playing with the starters, our problem is we have no one who is effective to spell Bibby when he is tired or his shot is off. Teague has been disappointing...Trade Mo and Teague for Sessions.

I agree with Nire that looking at raw numbers are not always helpful, but he can't be any worse than Teague, can he?

Edited by jaybird

Mike Bibby

PPG-9.5

RPG-2.6

APG-3.7

SPG-0.7

BPG-0.1

FG%.435

FT%.630

3P%43

MPG-30.0

Ramon Sessions

PPG-11.9

RPG-2.9

APG-5.2

SPG-0.8

BPG-0.1

FG% 0.458

FT% 0.831

3P% 0-7 all year according to NBA.com

MPG 25.6

What are all of your thoughts?

My thought's............

Bibby = good jumpshooter only, no defense, not a penetrator, slow as far as pg's today

Sessions = not a good shooter, good defender, can penetrate lane, just as fast and quick as other nba pg's today

Stats dont show this.

• Premium Member

Sessions has put up mediocre stats for terrible teams for his whole career. The NBA is not the same as NBA2k. You can't look at NBA.com stat sheets and make a decent comparison.

Are you suggesting that Sessions could be the second coming of Reggie Theus?

• Premium Member

One of my sports rules is to use extreme caution when trading for mediocre players from bad teams. Ask any Braves fan about Nate MClouth.

• Like 1

Bad team or not, the guy just put up 32 points and 8 assists in a win over the Lakers. The guy is better than Bibby, easily.

In a Cavs win none the less.

Mo / Teague / 1st for Sessions all day !

The Cavs may turn that down with the way he has been playing.

What I like about him is that he is a natural facilitator who could fit in with a squad of scorers.

Are you suggesting that Sessions could be the second coming of Reggie Theus?

That is true for scrores like Theus but Sessions is a pure PG.

When on a bad team its easier to score a lot then it is to rack up assist since you are probably playing with sub-par offensive talent around you.

Edited by coachx