• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Horf on SI

lethalweapon3

• Moderators

http://nba-point-for...tential-trades/

The Point Forward: You guys are having another nice season at 34-21, but you've got the by far the toughest remaining schedule among Eastern Conference teams. Is that something you talk about as a team? Do you worry about that in terms of playoff seeding?

Horford (laughing): I actually wasn't aware of that, man — that we have the toughest schedule. I didn't know that. So it's one of those things where we're going to have to take it game by game. You can't look ahead at all. A lot of those games are at home, so at least that's a good thing. (Note: 15 of Atlanta's 27 remaining games are indeed at home).

PF: As things stand now, you would face Orlando in the 4-5 series in the first round. We all know what happened last season in the playoffs, but you guys have beaten them twice this season with Jason Collins starting at center against Dwight Howard. Are you guys more confident you can beat Orlando in a seven-game series if it comes to that?

Horford: Oh, yeah. We're a lot more confident against them this season as opposed to last season. If we have to do it, we do feel like we have a really good chance.

PF: The Eastern Conference is better this season and going forward than it was a year ago, with Chicago on the rise and Miami set for the next half-decade. Do you look at your record — you're on pace for about the same number of wins this year as last — and your cap situation and worry about the team's place in the conference in the next few years?

Horford: No question. You have to look at that. Everyone else is getting better, and that opens up questions as to what your team is doing and whether we need to make changes. What happens in this post-season is going to be really important in that sense.

PF: There have been reports that the team has put Marvin Williams on the block. Do you ignore those, or do you start thinking in your head about what the team would be like without him?

Horford: Oh, yeah, you think about it. Marvin is one of our core guys. He's a starter. You wonder about it, for sure. But the general manager [Rick Sund] makes those decisions, not us. He'll do whatever he feels is best. Same thing with Josh. It can really be any of us.

PF: You mentioned going further from the hoop. Any plans to add the three-point shot to your game?

Horford: Yeah, eventually. I have to put in the work, but it'll be a part of my game I some point. I made a couple last season.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

I would rather Al shoot 3's than Josh, but I would rather Josh Smith turn and Marvin turn into Andrew Bogut and Magette, that's just me. I would rather a 7 ft guy be my shot blocker than a 6"8 guy. That 7 ft can block almost anyone's shot that 6"8 guy is limited and let's be honest Josh is at best when he is defending and getting to the rim not shooting any type of jumpers

Horf is my man, but I hope he was joking about moving away from the hoop and shooting threes. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he isn't anywhere near that stupid. The most important thing we need now is more near rim play with our backcourt being so poor at this, and with Josh shooting ill-advised threes, that's the last thing we need more of. With all of the jump-shooting coaches and experts that teams like to bring in, I'd like to hear about a freaking elbow face-up and drive coach. I get so tired of seeing this team settle for lazy jumpers when isolated I'm going crazy.