• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

REJOICE!

JohnnyCASH

I agree with what someone posted in the other thread stating it's more of a save face move than real chance we do it.

I like Harris but after looking at that salary I don't think it's great for us. I'd really like to get Felton and Nene from Denver tho, even tho it seems we really aren't looking for a center

Now you know this isn't going to happen right?

of course not where getting mayo right?..righhhhhhht??????

I agree with what someone posted in the other thread stating it's more of a save face move than real chance we do it.

I like Harris but after looking at that salary I don't think it's great for us. I'd really like to get Felton and Nene from Denver tho, even tho it seems we really aren't looking for a center

cant be picky when bibby is your starting pg

• Like 2

Harris would be great don't get me wrong,but Denver can be had right now in a trade, they seem like the better team to take advantage of,New Jersey seems like they would want alot more in return for harris even tho statistically Felton is the better player this year

• Premium Member

Hard to see where the net (no pun intended) effect actually gets us anywhere... we'll have to give up something fairly substantial to bring in a player at Harris' salary level. What we have to find is a trading partner willing to take back our non-rotation guys for one or two guys who would be substantive... not unlike finding Golden State willing to part with Jamal. That wouldn't be a trade that necessarily blows anyone away, but adding talent without actually sacrificing anyone currently in our rotation genuinely and undeniably improves the team.

Hard to see where the net (no pun intended) effect actually gets us anywhere... we'll have to give up something fairly substantial to bring in a player at Harris' salary level. What we have to find is a trading partner willing to take back our non-rotation guys for one or two guys who would be substantive... not unlike finding Golden State willing to part with Jamal. That wouldn't be a trade that necessarily blows anyone away, but adding talent without actually sacrificing anyone currently in our rotation genuinely and undeniably improves the team.

fwiw theres been reports all day that nj is desperately trying the get rid of harris

from ESPN INSIDER

Denver likely keeping Felton, others

12:35AM ET

Raymond Felton | Knicks

* Email

* Comments

UPDATE: Broussard had this update Monday night: "Nets will try, but Denver not likely to send any Knicks players back to New Jersey via trade, sources say."

David Aldridge of NBA.com had this quote from Nuggets GM Masai Ujiri on Monday night: "We got these guys to play for the Nuggets."

---

If the Nuggets indeed trade Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks, it's been widely reported Knicks point guard Raymond Felton would come to Denver in return.

And if a Melo trade to the Nets happens, PG Devin Harris would likely be traded to Denver in such a deal.

But it doesn't sound like either is going to be Denver's PG of the future.

"If Nuggets do deal with Knicks, all indications say they want Felton only to trade him on," tweeted ESPN's Marc Stein on Monday. "Just as Denver would do if it got Harris from New Jersey."

The Hawks are said to be looking for a point guard, so it's possible they could get in the mix for either of these two.

And as ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard tweeted Monday, Felton could be in the mix for the Nets if Melo gets traded to New York.

Additionally, if Harris and Felton aren't in Denver's plans and Chauncey Billups -- who is rumored to be in the proposed New York-Denver deal -- gets traded, it could hand the keys over to Ty Lawson at point guard for the Nuggets.

• Like 1

I wonder what they would want from us?

Marvin/Teague/1st works but do they have interest in Marvin?

Bibby/Mo/1st works and gives them Mo's expiring this year as well as Bibby's next yr.

Would ASG pay luxury tax for a player like Harris if it came down to it? What would NJN want?

Harris would be great don't get me wrong,but Denver can be had right now in a trade, they seem like the better team to take advantage of,New Jersey seems like they would want alot more in return for harris even tho statistically Felton is the better player this year

No he's not.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=feltora01&y1=2011&p2=harride01&y2=2011

Hawks could easily get Harris for Jamal, roll with the big starting lineup and have Marv and Bibs be bench contributors (as in bringing more than just scoring off the bench). The problem would be next year's salary but the ASG could roll the dice and help their case by arguing the new CBA allow them some leniency or maybe work Zaza for Antonio Mcdyess' unguaranteed deal or Marvin+Mo for Gomes, Rhino, Butler (a pick would have to come back).......there are deals out there to make it work...Sund just gotta work.

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6htagk2

GOAT TRADE:

Josh Smith, Jamal Crawford, Zaza a 1st rounder in 2012 and a 2nd rounder whenever they want

for:

Devin Harris, Brook Lopez, and Troy Murphy

Still under cap for the next couple of years by making that exchange.

Harris/Bibby/Teague

Joe/Jordan/Mo

Marvin/Damien/Pape

Al/Troy Murphy/Josh Powell

Brook Lopez/Jason Collins/Etan Thomas

• Like 1

There's only one way we can get Harris & that's trough Jamal's contract & picks/Teague. So, unless we find a taker for Marvin, Zaza or BB by giving up more picks, there's no way in hell we can get Harris. We shouldn't care about picks for the next 3 years. They are not helping out with our current situation.

Only on a per minute basis is Harris equal with Felton this year,but why is Harris strugglin to get at least 36 mpg with the nets anyways? He was a better player in years past, this season Felton made a jump and Harris fell back, it's a simple truth. I would like either or but like I said Felton is statistically better this season, key word statistically, Harris may still have better overall skill/potential, and he may blossom on our roster,who knows. Both are better than Bibby and Teague combined tho...sadly

No he's not.

Hawks could easily get Harris for Jamal, roll with the big starting lineup and have Marv and Bibs be bench contributors (as in bringing more than just scoring off the bench). The problem would be next year's salary but the ASG could roll the dice and help their case by arguing the new CBA allow them some leniency or maybe work Zaza for Antonio Mcdyess' unguaranteed deal or Marvin+Mo for Gomes, Rhino, Butler (a pick would have to come back).......there are deals out there to make it work...Sund just gotta work.

• Premium Member

fwiw theres been reports all day that nj is desperately trying the get rid of harris...

The Hawks are said to be looking for a point guard, so it's possible they could get in the mix for either of these two.

Not sure how that is necessarily responsive to my point(?)... (see bold underlined).

Edited by sturt