• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

CAN WE FN DO SOMETHING ALREADY?

Outlaw

You can't blame Sund. He's just a figurehead. Gearon is the real GM. If the other teams won't trade then he can't force them to trade. My complaint is I think we're severely overvaluing our players and draft picks.

Do you think that Hinrich or Harris were worth the matching contract of Bibby or Jamal plus Teague or JC2 plus a 1st round pick? I certainly don't and not because I think we'll draft a good player with that pick but because I'd prefer to save that pick to use in a deal for a player that could really help us. If we could get a young stud PG like Lawson or a star like Paul then I'm giving up however many 1st round picks it takes but I wouldn't just throw them in for a slight upgrade.

And let's not forget this might be out there as a reality ...

The Hawks also have explored trying to trade guard Jeff Teague and swingman Maurice Evans to the Cleveland Cavaliers for guards Ramon Sessions and Manny Harris, one source said.

That would be a terrific trade where the Hawks clearly win the trade so hopefully that is our fallback plan.

• Like 2

You would have to think if we offered JC1 to denver for felton, then they would definately have to take a look at that atleast

They don't need to cut anymore salary so Crawford doesn't help them at all. I can't imagine Felton and Lawson being on the Nuggets together long term but as of right now that's what the Nuggets have reportedly told everyone is their plan.

We're not doing anything?

• We've asked about Hinrich but they want too much.
  • We tried to get Harris NJ wanted too much for him.
  • We like Felton but supposedly he isn't available.

At this point I'm guessing that Sessions may be our backup plan and I for one hope that is the case and I'm glad that we're at least asking about the better PG's. I think that we'll end up making some move but I certainly agree it's frustrating at this point that we haven't made that move yet.

The Nuggets have point blank said that they're not trading Felton. Try doing your research before you bash Sund for something he has no control over.

It may look too much for you but the reality is that if you want something to ever happen you'll have to overpay a bit. Almost all trades have a team that wins in a trade. Very rare to see a trade that both teams get equal value. I don't see how giving up a non rotational player & a pick affects this current roster in a negative way.

Deron Williams just got traded for Devin Harris and Favors. Nothing that we do will make sense to me now. We could have tried to send Smoove, Teague, and 2 1st round picks. We don't care and don't have a vision. Even you inferior bloggers shoot each other down everytime someone shoots for the stars. You guys are a bunch of Sund clones :shake_puter:

• Like 1

Deron Williams just got traded for Devin Harris and Favors. Nothing that we do will make sense to me now. We could have tried to send Smoove, Teague, and 2 1st round picks. We don't care and don't have a vision. Even you inferior bloggers shoot each other down everytime someone shoots for the stars. You guys are a bunch of Sund clones :shake_puter:

You're blamming people on this site for the Hawks not trading for Williams?

What NJ sent was much better than anything the Hawks could offer. Our best player, Horford, mimics what they already have, and we don't have the upper level picks the Nets sent over. Plus, Harris is WAY better than anyh of the Hawks guards.

Look, we just got outbid for Williams. I'm sure the Hawks tried to get in on the Williams deal if it was clear Williams would be traded, but the team doesn't have the ammo to go after him compared to what NJ gave up.

What the Hawks need to find is something like what the Lakers got out of the Griz for Gasol. Unfortunately, that ain't happening as we don't have the ties in place.

You're blamming people on this site for the Hawks not trading for Williams?

What NJ sent was much better than anything the Hawks could offer. Our best player, Horford, mimics what they already have, and we don't have the upper level picks the Nets sent over. Plus, Harris is WAY better than anyh of the Hawks guards.

Look, we just got outbid for Williams. I'm sure the Hawks tried to get in on the Williams deal if it was clear Williams would be traded, but the team doesn't have the ammo to go after him compared to what NJ gave up.

What the Hawks need to find is something like what the Lakers got out of the Griz for Gasol. Unfortunately, that ain't happening as we don't have the ties in place.

You are not sure of anything. You just come on here like every other know-it-all talking about being realistic and that Sund foolishness.

• Premium Member

Do you think that Hinrich or Harris were worth the matching contract of Bibby or Jamal plus Teague or JC2 plus a 1st round pick? I certainly don't and not because I think we'll draft a good player with that pick but because I'd prefer to save that pick to use in a deal for a player that could really help us. If we could get a young stud PG like Lawson or a star like Paul then I'm giving up however many 1st round picks it takes but I wouldn't just throw them in for a slight upgrade.

And let's not forget this might be out there as a reality ...

That would be a terrific trade where the Hawks clearly win the trade so hopefully that is our fallback plan.

Harris yes, Hinrich no to answer your question. Harris has an affordable deal and is in his prime. Hinrich is 30 and while I still want him I wouldn't give up what you said for him. I do hope if nothing else we can get Sessions. If nothing else he would be a good backup PG in the event we got another PG.

In a bad situation, doing nothing is worse than doing something. I think they want to keep the core together for marketing purposes. Thinking that we have a bond with "our"" kids and they know that they can exploit that even if they don't win. Why re-sign JJ? Should have S&T him. I wanted the team to move him for years. He was our best player, but his prime didn't coincide with our teams window. So many mistakes, so few successes. Shouldn't be surprise if people start bashing irrationally;;;; they're pissed.

I also find the; "we're not making a small move now at the risk of jeapordizing our chances when a star become available" very weak. News flash: 7 or 8 of the NBA's best players have been moved in the last few months. What were the Hawks doing? NADA. Waiting to see what we have with the core. That's the first thing Sund said when he came to town and it's also the last thing I've heard from him...

• Premium Member

There's a reason Avery wants nothing to do with Harris. I don't know??? If a vet like Avery can't work with the guy what to say our recreational level coaching staff can.

In a bad situation, doing nothing is worse than doing something. I think they want to keep the core together for marketing purposes. Thinking that we have a bond with "our"" kids and they know that they can exploit that even if they don't win. Why re-sign JJ? Should have S&T him. I wanted the team to move him for years. He was our best player, but his prime didn't coincide with our teams window. So many mistakes, so few successes. Shouldn't be surprise if people start bashing irrationally;;;; they're pissed.

I also find the; "we're not making a small move now at the risk of jeapordizing our chances when a star become available" very weak. News flash: 7 or 8 of the NBA's best players have been moved in the last few months. What were the Hawks doing? NADA. Waiting to see what we have with the core. That's the first thing Sund said when he came to town and it's also the last thing I've heard from him...

Weak or not it's the truth, star players are usually traded for with a package that includes multiple 1st round picks and it's foolish to just throw those picks away for marginal upgrades just to make a move. For Harris I probably would have included our 1st with Teague but not for Hinrich or Sessions. I'd also include that 1st along with Teague for Felton that might not be an option.

Weak or not it's the truth, star players are usually traded for with a package that includes multiple 1st round picks and it's foolish to just throw those picks away for marginal upgrades just to make a move. For Harris I probably would have included our 1st with Teague but not for Hinrich or Sessions. I'd also include that 1st along with Teague for Felton that might not be an option.

I agree with you BUT that fact doesn't preclude us from trading Smoove for a player or players of similar age and production. Doesn't stop us from S&Ting JJ for a couple of promising young guys and maybe a pick. Having one argument that says we can't trade for a star doesn't mean that we can't trade for about 90% of NBA players.

The problem isn't that we haven't brought in a star, it's that we have done 0 to fix a roster that's been broken for years. C and PG sound familiar. I'd trade anyone on the Hawks save Horf to try and fix those two positions and then look for wings to fill the roster. I think that's what most people are expecting from Sund at this point. I've been waiting for it for about 4 years.

I agree with you BUT that fact doesn't preclude us from trading Smoove for a player or players of similar age and production. Doesn't stop us from S&Ting JJ for a couple of promising young guys and maybe a pick. Having one argument that says we can't trade for a star doesn't mean that we can't trade for about 90% of NBA players.

The problem isn't that we haven't brought in a star, it's that we have done 0 to fix a roster that's been broken for years. C and PG sound familiar. I'd trade anyone on the Hawks save Horf to try and fix those two positions and then look for wings to fill the roster. I think that's what most people are expecting from Sund at this point. I've been waiting for it for about 4 years.

We don't know how other teams value our star players though. It's entirely possible that we'd have to take a talent loss if we traded Josh Smith due to his inconsistencies and his image around the league. They'd probably consider trading JJ but nobody would take him with that contract he's signed to. We know that Marvin doesn't have much value and neither does Bibby and for the most part Jamal as well. Horford is the only player who has a lot of value that could bring back a star in a trade and I'm sure most of us wouldn't want to trade him.