• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll: Who likes the Hinrich/Armstrong Trade?

PaceRam

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know very little about Hinrich and Armstrong so can some of you Hawks/NBA fans give me your opinions on the trade that supposedly just went down? I have to admit that I didn't really have any strong feelings one way or the other (I was really hoping for Harris, Sessions, etc) but I was a little disappointed when I saw the Hawks included their 1st Round Draft pick in the Trade. But, maybe that is no big loss since the Hawks don't seem to draft too well anyway?

Edited by Dolfan23
Added a poll to the post

Hinrich is an obvious upgrade over Bibby at this stage in their careers and his contract is the same length. More importantly is that Hinrich is tough as nails. This team needs that.

Thumbs up from me.

Armstrong is probably equal to ZaZa.

I hate that we had to give up JC2 more then the future 1st. Any details yet on what year that draft pick is ?

Edited by coachx

I like the trade. It was probably hard to find someone to take Bibby. We got rid of Mo Evans. I love it. Wish we couldve kept Crawford but oh well. We needed to make a move and we made one.

We won't know what the effects will be until we play some games, so to make a blanket statement that it did not improve the team is short sighted at best.

One of the main weaknesses has been at the PG spot most notably on defense...Hinrich is an obvious upgrade and his offense is not too shabby either. He can still penetrate and make the right play.

I'm not worried about late 1st round draft picks.

Edited by jaybird

Horrible trade in principle. You give up your 1st in 2010 and 2011 for Kirk Hinrich. You ask me that before today I tell you :thumbsdownsmileyanim: GTFOH with that dumb BS.

So its this year's pick and not a future pick ?

I have not seen any confirmation on what year the pick is.

Decent trade, didn't like giving up Jordan Crawford and 1st round pick tho. The trade definitely improves the team, no more everyone covering for Bibby's horrible defense. Now the Hawks can have Hinrich guard either the 1 or the 2, which can take a ton of pressure off of Joe Johnson (Joe has nooooooooooooooo more excuses with Bibby's no d being gone). This leaves the Hawks with really only one poor defensive player in the main rotation (Jamal Crawford), and it opens up the door to possibly resign Crawford.

One thing this trade tells me is that the Hawks did not want to give up Teague for some reason. They chose this trade instead of giving up Teague in a deal to get Ramon Sessions.

Edited by D.R.P.

You know its bad when Wiz fans are calling Ernie Grunfeld a genius to get basically two 1st round picks for Hinrich. I like Hinrich the player and like Hilton better than Zaza but bad trade.

Anyone can see how bad this trade is in principle.