• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Should Continue Starting

D.R.P.

L.D. should continue to start Teague, but give him Royal Ivey type of minutes. That way the Hawks get more from Teague (he plays much better with the starters) and get more from the bench. With Hinrich coming off of the bench, even when Crawford is off (which usually means no bench scoring) the Hawks would still have an impact player off the bench.

It's so refreshing to see Kirk Hinrich guard without help, I've seen a couple of hawks players look in amazement to see a point guard defend without their help. Also I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to see Mo Evans gone, Damien Wilkins gives the Hawks so much more.

• Like 4

That whole Royal Ivey thing never made sense to me

Teague can't shoot at all. He really needs to work on that jump shot if he wants to get bigger minutes

No duh, that Teague can't shoot and neither could Tony Parker his first couple of years in the league. The major thing that Teague lacks is confidence and the only way that improves (and everything else improving) is by giving him consistent playing time. As for Royal Ivey, he didn't have near the possible upside as Teague does (I wasn't comparing the two). Hinrich would still play the vast majority of the minutes and finish games at point guard even if Teague starts.

• Like 1

Summary

Teague played well defensively and got the 1st units into sets. He slowed down Monta Ellis when he threatened to erase a 19 pt lead by himself. He really still does not understand when to attack and when not. It is disturbing that he gets stripped so much going to the rack.

Hinrich played good defensively and can make shots with the first team but he also had a disturbing turnover where a big man stripped him when he was trying to run the pick and roll. He was on the court when Golden State cut a 30 pt lead down to 11 or 12. He looks no better than Teague did when coming off the bench to be fair.

Next, good game all around for the Hawks, but I still say Hinrich was a lateral move with the potential to go really downhill if Jordan is as good as some think he will be, plus Teague can do the job defensively. Also, Mo was a bigger part than some give credit for and our bench sucks arse bad.

Looked good tonight but we are not going anywhere with this team when we don’t have a single big that demands playing time off the bench, that was a bigger problem than PG because we had Teague.

Finally, Teague should still be starter for anyone that saw that game and is not trying to justify this move.

• Like 3

Summary

Teague played well defensively and got the 1st units into sets. He slowed down Monta Ellis when he threatened to erase a 19 pt lead by himself. He really still does not understand when to attack and when not. It is disturbing that he gets stripped so much going to the rack.

Hinrich played good defensively and can make shots with the first team but he also had a disturbing turnover where a big man stripped him when he was trying to run the pick and roll. He was on the court when Golden State cut a 30 pt lead down to 11 or 12. He looks no better than Teague did when coming off the bench to be fair.

Next, good game all around for the Hawks, but I still say Hinrich was a lateral move with the potential to go really downhill if Jordan is as good as some think he will be, plus Teague can do the job defensively. Also, Mo was a bigger part than some give credit for and our bench sucks arse bad.

Looked good tonight but we are not going anywhere with this team when we don’t have a single big that demands playing time off the bench, that was a bigger problem than PG because we had Teague.

Finally, Teague should still be starter for anyone that saw that game and is not trying to justify this move.

what's up with your avatar?

Color me shocked that you are downplaying the impact of the trade on this game

We held them to lowest in 2 months b/c we got rid of no-d bibby

Hinrich is our pg version of al and will have a HUGE impact on this team

Totally agree N27...and I agree to a degree also with Cap. Kirk Hinrich will be our starter and (hopefully) Jeff Teague will continue to improve and be our 10-20 minute man, depending on circumstances. I would REALLY like to see Craw's minutes at PG down to a bare minimum.

But it looks to me on early returns (just what my eyes saw) that KH will fit dang well with this team line%20dance.gif and the other guys seem happy to have him on the court.

Edited by DJlaysitup
  • Like 2

I agree with the PT time, but I think teague and craw don't play well together. So I would prefer them to not be on the court at the same time.

That was part of my reasoning for saying that Teague should continue to start, because he doesn't play well with Crawford. He always is looking to differ to Crawford and has no impact when both are on the floor.

That was part of my reasoning for saying that Teague should continue to start, because he doesn't play well with Crawford. He always is looking to differ to Crawford and has no impact when both are on the floor.

While I see your point D.R.P....I see no reason whatsoever not to start Hinrich as the PRIMARY PG. That's what we traded for and it looks like we got the merchandise.

smh lol, so basically u will get a negative rating if they don't agree with your opinion??

Yes. If you are a man with strong or differing opinions you get a negative, you got the way the system works around here. :thumbsupsmileyanim: