• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Should Continue Starting

D.R.P.

• Premium Member

Summary

Teague played well defensively and got the 1st units into sets. He slowed down Monta Ellis when he threatened to erase a 19 pt lead by himself. He really still does not understand when to attack and when not. It is disturbing that he gets stripped so much going to the rack.

Hinrich played good defensively and can make shots with the first team but he also had a disturbing turnover where a big man stripped him when he was trying to run the pick and roll. He was on the court when Golden State cut a 30 pt lead down to 11 or 12. He looks no better than Teague did when coming off the bench to be fair.

Next, good game all around for the Hawks, but I still say Hinrich was a lateral move with the potential to go really downhill if Jordan is as good as some think he will be, plus Teague can do the job defensively. Also, Mo was a bigger part than some give credit for and our bench sucks arse bad.

Looked good tonight but we are not going anywhere with this team when we don’t have a single big that demands playing time off the bench, that was a bigger problem than PG because we had Teague.

Finally, Teague should still be starter for anyone that saw that game and is not trying to justify this move.

I don't agree with this post at all, but at least the dude was civil, which is an improvement over his past posts. Certainly not worthy of a -11...

Small step forward, SBM. Maybe consider being less preemptively dismissive of others' opinions like you were in the last sentence. Also, might be wise to tweak your handle. I don't think displaying to the world your opinion of your own blogging skills is a constructive use of a handle.

Edited by niremetal

L.D. should continue to start Teague, but give him Royal Ivey type of minutes. That way the Hawks get more from Teague (he plays much better with the starters) and get more from the bench. With Hinrich coming off of the bench, even when Crawford is off (which usually means no bench scoring) the Hawks would still have an impact player off the bench.

It's so refreshing to see Kirk Hinrich guard without help, I've seen a couple of hawks players look in amazement to see a point guard defend without their help. Also I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to see Mo Evans gone, Damien Wilkins gives the Hawks so much more.

Teague should get more playing time for sure but Drew should be careful of which games he starts. Teams below .500 like GS would allow him to get some GREAT experience but when it comes to the Bostons and Miamis of the NBA, we should start Hinrich cause he has more experience right now. I'm not bashing Teague but he's not quite ready to start every game as of now. I'm glad he's finally getting some solid playing time though.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

L.D. should continue to start Teague, but give him Royal Ivey type of minutes. That way the Hawks get more from Teague (he plays much better with the starters) and get more from the bench. With Hinrich coming off of the bench, even when Crawford is off (which usually means no bench scoring) the Hawks would still have an impact player off the bench.

It's so refreshing to see Kirk Hinrich guard without help, I've seen a couple of hawks players look in amazement to see a point guard defend without their help. Also I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad to see Mo Evans gone, Damien Wilkins gives the Hawks so much more.

I think the main question is... Is Teague hungry or will Hinrich make Teague Hungry?

Maybe Teague gave up sitting behind Bibby because he knew that Bibby would not be not starting.

However, he's starting now. The question is will he become complacent or will he show new drive?

his handle, along with his posts along with his bring back woody profile along with his using his avatar to bash the marvin pick all add up to obvious troll IMO

i think he's trying to see how obvious he can be and get away with it

What he said :handshake: