• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Welcome to the Hawks Kirk Hinrich

capstone21

Thank you for telling the truth. He shut down Curry and slowed down Monta when Monta was going off in the 2nd quarter. He also was not the one in the game in the 4th when they cut a 30 pt lead to 11 or 12 in less than a quarter. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

You and I were watching the same game. Excellent play by Teague all game. He played outstanding defense on Stephon and pushed the ball. We should have sat Bibby a long time ago and let Teague learn as he started games. Now he will most likely sit again behind Hinrich. I love Hinrich and Jamal coming off the bench along with Marvin. Time to replace Marvin with someone who can produce anything as a starting SF. He was awful last night.

• Like 1

I hope Teague continues to get meaningful minutes, but I hope someone teaches him how to hold onto the ball. Seems like both of our pgs had the ball knocked away a few too many times last night. If getting the ball knocked away is the price to see this team play with intensity, i'll take it.

I'm with you, but at the same time Teague is also able to steal the ball as many times as he loses it. When was the last time Hawks scored +30 points on fast breaks?

You and I were watching the same game. Excellent play by Teague all game. He played outstanding defense on Stephon and pushed the ball. We should have sat Bibby a long time ago and let Teague learn as he started games. Now he will most likely sit again behind Hinrich. I love Hinrich and Jamal coming off the bench along with Marvin. Time to replace Marvin with someone who can produce anything as a starting SF. He was awful last night.

Yes, you got it correct, all the way correct, considering Hinrich is a bigger combo guard than Teague he would bring more off the bench because he can play 2 positions. Hinrich PG/SG Jamal SG and Marvin SF/PF off the bench would give us a decent bench spark. I say start:

PG Teague

SG Joe

SF Damien

PF Josh

C Al

That would get you off to some good defensive starts and set the tone.

Edited by Superiorblogman
  • Like 1

one of the underrated improvements we'll have because of hinrich will be his leadership and attitude, which will be more effective if he's starting

he also happens to be one of the better pgs in the league and def one of the top 5 best FITS for the HAWKS at pg in the league

and he's a former All-D team member

Teague is a 2nd year player with very limited experience who should be getting consistent minutes backing up hinrich, but not starting over him

• Like 3

Yes, you got it correct, all the way correct, considering Hinrich is a bigger combo guard than Teague he would bring more off the bench because he can play 2 positions. Hinrich PG/SG Jamal SG and Marvin SF/PF off the bench would give us a decent bench spark. I say start:

PG Teague

SG Joe

SF Damien

PF Josh

C Al

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with Damien starting instead of Marvin. But putting Hinrich at the two guard hinders his play, he's a natural PG. I'd still like to see:

Hinrich

Jamal

JJ

Smoove

Al

PG Teague

SG Joe

SF Damien

PF Josh

C Al

i agree with this :eek: what a shocker

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with Damien starting instead of Marvin. But putting Hinrich at the two guard hinders his play, he's a natural PG. I'd still like to see:

Hinrich

Jamal

JJ

Smoove

Al

You lose your advantage moving Joe to SF and Jamal to SG....Joe is a big guard and can post up the smaller SG and play defense against them. Joe won't be able to post up other SF as effectively. Additionally, Jamal will get killed on defense against SG.

You move your defensive liabilities from PG(Bibby) to the SG position.

This line up will probably be used together during the course of games depending on matchups, but Jamal is our scorer off the bench.

Edited by jaybird

My favorite lineup on friday was

Hinrich

Joe

Damien

Josh

Horford

Great defense, great on the fast break. Every time Jamal was on the floor we looked like the pre-trade Hawks IMO. I really wish we would have traded that guy.

should be starter? :jumping11:

he is..better than marvin

Edited by cptkirksavetheday