Will Hawks even attempt to sign Murphy or Brewer?

PaceRam

I know the answer is probably NO but is there any chance the Hawks management will pursue Troy Murphy or Corey Brewer now that they have both been released? Personally, I would be thrilled to see them sign Murphy but as usual it sounds like one of the ELITE TEAMS (Heat, Celtics, Majic, etc) will get their services!

• Admin

I know Murphy is talented but I don't think he really meets our needs. A jump shooring pf who doesn't defend well and doesn't go down low on offense.

I wouldn't mind us getting Brewer. The fact that we are showing interest in Butler might mean that we take a look at Brewer too

• Premium Member

The good thing about all of this is that we should know something very soon, right? I mean, in order to qualify for post-season, a player has to be on the roster by March 1(?). So, these guys are all going to be anxious to find a roster slot pretty quickly it would seem.

I'm a Gators fan and I loved Brewer. Brewer was one of the main reasons why Noah and Horford both went back to school another year, because Brewer had all the monetary incentive in the world to go to the NBA because he was not as well off as those two. His decision absolutely affected the others.

But with all that said, I'm not exactly going to be disappointed if we don't get Brewer considering how much of a liability he is offensively. I mean sure Marvin Williams doesn't exactly light it up either but Brewer is a 40% type of guy from the field.

Then again he could add depth on the 2nd team. Just don't think he's a starter in this league.

People on this board are overrating the value of both of those players just so they can have something to complain about

Hawks have played so well in their last two games and showing bright signs for the future, so let's inflate the value of the likes of Brewer and Troy Murphy so we can complain we didn't land them.

Would you rather have Murphy/Brewer or Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong?

I'm taking the latter.

• Premium Member

MC just put on Twitter that Sund says the team will not pursue any of the waived or bought-out guys.

Mincing words here... but... MC's actual term is "unlikely to," which is actually not very different from we had been anticipating anyhow.