• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our winning months streak ends

capstone21

even worst, the are now 11-17 against teams

with winning records.

I think this is valid but what I don't get is that the Heat have a similar record against winning teams yet people always talk about them as being in the upper echelon. They haven't proven anything in the playoffs, they should lumped right there with us until they prove otherwise. Once again the Lebron factor making a difference.....

I think this is valid but what I don't get is that the Heat have a similar record against winning teams yet people always talk about them as being in the upper echelon. They haven't proven anything in the playoffs, they should lumped right there with us until they prove otherwise. Once again the Lebron factor making a difference.....

Totally true. Miami is just 14-15 against teams with winning records, which is a pretty sorry record for a team that's touted to be a championship contender if not the favorite to win it all. Maybe people are just figuring they'll be able to turn it on in the playoffs, but that's a dangerous assumption to make if they have not been able to do so in the regular season. The Celtics meanwhile are 22-9 against winning teams, the Spurs 24-9, the Mavs 23-11, and the Lakers 20-12, which elevates those teams into elite, championship level basketball teams in my opinion. The Bulls have been pretty good too, going 16-11, but they're obviously not quite there yet. We are about on par with the Knicks and Magic so far as winning % against teams over .500, and that seems a pretty realistic ranking, as we are probably right there with that group- good teams, but not championship level right now.

• Premium Member

Supporter is 100% right. Rathbun will now start with the Hawks have had ____ months in a row with a .500 or better record.

It's always going to be something positive, but when you think about how bad we were for the early part of the 2000's it's hard to even complain about the "new" streak.