• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Great homestand coming up!

Seano

Let's see, 10 of our next 11 games at home, and damn are we going to see some good teams. We've got the Bulls, Thunder, Knicks, Lakers, then @ Chicago, then back home for the Blazers, Bucks, Nuggets, Heat, Pistons, and Bulls again. That's a hell of a stretch of basketball right there, and it should be very exciting. I know I'm feeling very excited about it, with all those good teams coming, and with the playoffs getting so close. We should see some great basketball, and we'll have the opportunity to control our own destiny so far as playoff seeding goes, so these are good times to be a Hawks fan I think. We've just got to start beating these good teams, and I know for a fact we can.

Looking forward to this very much. I hope the fans show up and rally up the team.

Guest Squawker

Let's see, 10 of our next 11 games at home, and damn are we going to see some good teams. We've got the Bulls, Thunder, Knicks, Lakers, then @ Chicago, then back home for the Blazers, Bucks, Nuggets, Heat, Pistons, and Bulls again. That's a hell of a stretch of basketball right there, and it should be very exciting. I know I'm feeling very excited about it, with all those good teams coming, and with the playoffs getting so close. We should see some great basketball, and we'll have the opportunity to control our own destiny so far as playoff seeding goes, so these are good times to be a Hawks fan I think. We've just got to start beating these good teams, and I know for a fact we can.

Looking forward to this very much. I hope the fans show up and rally up the team.

I also am very excited for this. I think this will tell us a lot more about the Atlanta Hawks and whether Hinrich truly is a good fit. Personally I see us finish 7-4 or 8-3 in these next 11 games but that's just me. Plus Joe has been shooting well lately which is always a great sign. If the Hawks finish out the season strong with some momentum, maybe we will make that jump in the playoffs. You never know.

• Premium Member

Yep... this is the playoffs before the playoffs. And as I've already said, I'm particularly interested to see how we do vs. the Bulls and the Thunder, both of whom are teams that in a 12 month period have risen to higher acclaim than us. I want to see us play with a chip on our collective shoulder that sends a message "Oh no you don't." I'm sure I'm not alone.

They just need to defend the home court better. 17-9 is ok, but it's not nearly great and especially given how relatively easy our home schedule had been prior to this. Of the relatively good to very good teams we've played so far at home, we've already lost to Phoenix, Utah, Dallas, Boston, Houston and New Orleans. You need to win a few of those games at home, and home losses to teams like Philly and Charlotte and Milwaukee like we have, you just can't afford to drop those either.

I feel pretty confident though, as this just seems a different team since the Bibby trade, for whatever reason that is. Maybe it's just the fact his defense is no longer killing us, but whatever it it's great and feels like a breath of fresh air. And there's no reason why we can't beat any one of these teams, so hopefully Smoove and the Cap'n will be back at full health and raring to go get these guys.

As much as I hate to say it............................ If josh smith can't play, we won't fare very well against those teams. Why Sund seem to thin Al and Joe are the untouchables on this team is beyond me. We done well when JJ, Jamal and/or Al were absent. But if Smith goes down, we don't seem as impressive.

I am glad Sund wasn't able to trade Smith when he was trying to trade Zaza. With the way Smoove has been mixing his inside and outside game and improving the defense in to top 5 because of Kirk's acquisition, we are a whole new ball club. I would rather Sund trade Jamal. He is looking like the Jamal we all came to expect. He is putting up his usual career avg numbers and always kills us in the fourth quarter against better teams when he is stacking bricks. I would like for us to start closing the game out more with Josh and Al as our primary options.

• Like 1

I agree with many of you. Its all about how you finish and I think this is a good way of showing that we can hang by beating these good teams at home. So Im looking forward to some good solid serious play from the hawks!

As much as I hate to say it............................ If josh smith can't play, we won't fare very well against those teams. Why Sund seem to thin Al and Joe are the untouchables on this team is beyond me. We done well when JJ, Jamal and/or Al were absent. But if Smith goes down, we don't seem as impressive.

I am glad Sund wasn't able to trade Smith when he was trying to trade Zaza. With the way Smoove has been mixing his inside and outside game and improving the defense in to top 5 because of Kirk's acquisition, we are a whole new ball club. I would rather Sund trade Jamal. He is looking like the Jamal we all came to expect. He is putting up his usual career avg numbers and always kills us in the fourth quarter against better teams when he is stacking bricks. I would like for us to start closing the game out more with Josh and Al as our primary options.

I agree with everything you wrote except doing well without Al. Last time Al was hurt Hawks had epic collapse.

Horford has missed 4 games and we have been blown out big time in 2 of them. The game against New Orleans was one of the worst losses in franchise history.

It si a brutal stretch.

Its hard to decide which ones to go see since there are so many good teams coming to town. I'll be at the Thunder game Fri night.

If we are without both Smooth and Hinrich this could get real ugly.

It si a brutal stretch.

Its hard to decide which ones to go see since there are so many good teams coming to town. I'll be at the Thunder game Fri night.

If we are without both Smooth and Hinrich this could get real ugly.

Hey I will be at the Thunder game as well coach. Sec 112. Wanted to go to the Heat game on the 18th put those ticket prices are way out of my range.

Hey I will be at the Thunder game as well coach. Sec 112. Wanted to go to the Heat game on the 18th put those ticket prices are way out of my range.

Ya.....the Knicks tix have climbed to near Miami Heat pricing now since the Melo trade too. The Bulls game would be great night but its a work night and Smoove and Hinrich may not play.

All that made the decision much easier. The Thunder tix were the best deal as far as price and quality of team / players to watch.

I got tickets to the Blazers game (floor seats) behind the basket! I'm excited! The last time I went to a game and got those same seats, I nearly pissed on Nique's shoes in the bathroom. The area where the seats were have bathrooms under the tunnel. At half-time I was standing there at the urinal when I sensed someone very tall was in the urinal next to me. I casually glanced over and it was Nique! My child-hood idol! Instinctively, I wanted to turn to shake his hand but remembered we were both standing there at urinals. Then I wanted to get a pic with him, but then I realized how creepy that might be having a fan ask to take a pic with you in the bathroom. lol. Needless to say, I finished up, washed my hands and went back to my seat. No pic, no authograph. Just a funny story.

I got tickets to the Blazers game (floor seats) behind the basket! I'm excited! The last time I went to a game and got those same seats, I nearly pissed on Nique's shoes in the bathroom. The area where the seats were have bathrooms under the tunnel. At half-time I was standing there at the urinal when I sensed someone very tall was in the urinal next to me. I casually glanced over and it was Nique! My child-hood idol! Instinctively, I wanted to turn to shake his hand but remembered we were both standing there at urinals. Then I wanted to get a pic with him, but then I realized how creepy that might be having a fan ask to take a pic with you in the bathroom. lol. Needless to say, I finished up, washed my hands and went back to my seat. No pic, no authograph. Just a funny story.

Heh. Good story. :smile: "Yeah, I met my idol while I was taking a piss at a urinal", haha. :super: