• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hinrich now the starter Teague back to the bench.

SmooveTheFuture

• Premium Member

Never able to beat out Bibs?Funny. Team has looked a lot better with Teague (with the starters) as opposed to Bibby. U sure this wasnt because of Drew being Woody-like, and not because of Teague's play? Btw, playing with Zaza, Mo, and co. will make ANYBODY look bad.

What have you seen from Teague other than solid defense? You can't deny that Bibby was 10x more effective on the offensive end. Bibby knew how to pnr with Al and He was money early on at hitting 3's. Right now Teague is basically Royal Ivey 2.0. Not saying he's not improving but he's far from being ready to run an offense.

I think it's that simple. Drew would have died with Bibby because he hated the look of the offense with Teague. Teague was bringing the ball up then disappearing while Joe and Jamal worked iso. Bibby could find the cutting player or work the 2-man game with Al or Joe.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

^^ The only problem with the defense is that there will be no Smoove tonight, or maybe the next game. Who knows how long this injury lurks around... hopefully not long. We need him back ASAP, without him on the floor there's a massive hole in the defense.

Dont get the Josh haters started. lol! They already get their wish tonight. Horford at pf. lol! The no BB IQ guy is out for a while. Celebrate. Haters. lol!

Edited by terrell

What have you seen from Teague other than solid defense? You can't deny that Bibby was 10x more effective on the offensive end. Bibby knew how to pnr with Al and He was money early on at hitting 3's. Right now Teague is basically Royal Ivey 2.0. Not saying he's not improving but he's far from being ready to run an offense.

I think it's that simple. Drew would have died with Bibby because he hated the look of the offense with Teague. Teague was bringing the ball up then disappearing while Joe and Jamal worked iso. Bibby could find the cutting player or work the 2-man game with Al or Joe.

What have you seen from Bibby, other than NO DEFENSE WHATSOEVER, a couple of pick and rolls with Al, and an occasional 3 ptr? You must miss avg pg's having career games against us? I dont. Btw, Teague would avg more assists than Bibby if he played Bibby's min. EASY. And it sure is nice watching a pg lead a fastbreak cause the before mentioned couldnt. And yall get on to Josh and Al for pushing the ball. They didnt have a choice. lol! Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

What have you seen from Bibby, other than NO DEFENSE WHATSOEVER, a couple of pick and rolls with Al, and an occasional 3 ptr? You must miss avg pg's having career games against us? I dont. Btw, Teague would avg more assists than Bibby if he played Bibby's min. EASY.

Hated it! But like LD and woody before him you accept that everything Bibby gave you on offense he'd give back on defense. I just don't think Teague is at the point where his solid defense makes up for his horrible offense.

• Premium Member

The Hawks will get blown out. Kirk is overrated on defense.

I don't think Joe gets in the 20's. I hope he plays well but I think Thibodeau is too smart not to send 2 guys at Joe.

• Like 1

Well at least they cant blame Teague or Josh if we get our asses handed to us.

Yes, that's the bright side but I think he will play well and that will be the negative side because he should not have been put back on the bench. This is not Hinrich's team and will never be, but it could well be Teague's team sooner than later. People get tired of seeing signs or flashes the guy needs 20+ minutes with NBA level players not Josh Powell and Zaza and ballhoging Jamal

fail.jpg

4 pts and 2 assists in 32 minutes, the guy is worse than Marvin in so many ways for this team. If we had lost that game you would be saying we need more from Hinrich. That win was all about Al.

Edited by Superiorblogman

4 pts and 2 assists in 32 minutes, the guy is worse than Marvin in so many ways for this team. If we had lost that game you would be saying we need more from Hinrich. That win was all about Al.

....and the defense provided at the end. The fact remains that D-Rose was shut down tonight. It was one of the worst games he's played all season long when you look at the % he shot from the floor. Hmmmm. why could that be?

dont loook into stats so much my friend.....ya know you amaze me! I somewhat think that you just dont like the hawks cause even when they do good as a team you still wont give them props but you are entitled to your own decision......but hear me out! Reading your comments that you post shows (to me) that you are a fan of superstars. The fact is that superstars arent always avaliable and they always dont come through. Rose is MVP this season and Hinrich along with the rest of the hawks kept him from penetrating and abusing our team like most pg's use to do cause of bibby. Point Im trying to make and hopefully you understand is that just cause Rose,Nash or whoever are bigger stars than role players like Hinrich doesnt mean that their complete game is better than the role players. It just means they exceed at a part of their game above average, it doesnt mean everything they do on the court is better than the man on the bench or role player.

In case you didnt understand that.... look at it like this I use this example all the time:

Nash exceeds in offense and is a powerhouse OFFENSIVE PG. He can penetrate, set his team up and def shoot the ball.

The one thing Nash is not great or even considered good at is defense but I will credit him because he has the balls to take a charge.

Offensively I and most will agree that he is killing role players like Hinrich...no doubt

BUT.......

Hinrich on the other hand is a tremendous defender when judging him to Nash. He has good footwork on the perimeter, keeps his man in front of him, and he challenges damn near every shot. Things stars like Nash dont even do! (If you watched him tonight he challenged every shot he could and hustled on every defense play while he was out there!.....and yes he did let rose get to basket once or twice but the man aint gon be perfect he's human)

Another example would be Amare Stoudamire vs Al Horford

Amare has better offense game than horford and most will agree but when it comes to defense...solid defense at that....hell even effort on defense! Horford has this man beat down. Horford plays a all around game unlike amare. He just doesnt score, Horford does the dirty part of the job as well as the clean part if you know what I mean....Al isnt trying to get on the highlight reel like Amare every second.

----By the way I will never neg you on your thoughts to me thats just plain stupid. Obviously many on this board dont like you cause you have a diff opnion. I have no problem with that but get used to being questioned you if what you post makes no sense or just sound like flat out hate. The Hinrich is a overrated defender post you made is just plain out hate. I wont say he's the best of the best but I can for sure say he's damn good at defense! a blind man can see that!