• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hope returns

NineOhTheRino

This is certainly the best chance the Hawks have ever had. We do have hope of EC finals for once. Hopefully we can get and stay healthy because that is a huge part.

So very interested to see what LD is going to do in the playoffs, having never been there before as a head man.

Good post Nino ... although I disagree with the part about the Knicks as I've seen them play stellar defense against 2 very good teams since the trade. I'm skeptical that they can keep it up but they absolutely have enough talent to be as good as us defensively.

Hard cap coming

• These mega teams will not be able to fill their rosters with a bunch of mid-level ring chasers.

I sincerely hope this is the case! The NFL has survived quite well without having the big market teams in the superbowl every year.

To be honest though, I'm not sure they (league management - especially Stern) will want to lock it down to a real hard cap. They are meddling crooks at heart.

To be honest though, I'm not sure they (league management - especially Stern) will want to lock it down to a real hard cap. They are meddling crooks at heart.

The only way they go to a hard cap is if they raise the salary cap figure by a fair amount. That is the only way, with a hard cap, that NY and Miami (the 2 future money makers for the NBA) can fill out their rosters. If such a thing happens it more of a win for the big market teams and a definite loss to everyone else.

The smaller market teams would never vote for that (if they get a vote) b/c most small market teams have no interest in raising their payrolls and they would lose out on all the profit shareing checks from the big market teams paying luxury tax.

The NBA players and owners should be very careful with this potential strike. The NBA is not as universally loved as the NFL. The fans may not be as quick to jump back on board with the NBA after a strike as they would the NFL.

Edited by coachx

Hard cap is not the way to go, very few things in life are mandatory and a hard cap should not be one. This potential lockout is about the same thing the NFL one is about and that is the owners getting a bigger piece of the pie. The owners are being unrealistic IMO, if you want instant results in a business go be a day trader.

• Like 2

Hard cap and the NBA doesn't make sense. In the NBA, players aren't replaceable. You can have your good RB hurt and the next one is just as good. Outside of Denver, if you lose Lebron to Marvin, the player next time in line is a major downgrade. The NBA isn't what the NFL is since individuals mean a lot more.