• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The whole point of home court is

capstone21

They have a large population here of citizens and fans. I knew a lot of Knicks fans in grade school. Not too many Hawks fans. Hawks are an unpopular team.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

What else do you expect with a subpar team who routinely takes a vacation in the middle of games? I (used to be) a die hard Hawks fan, and I have found myself rooting for the Knicks or Bulls this season to represent the East.

It is what it is.

• Like 1

Let me tell you guys the truth.When I was in High school it wasn't that many people wasn't from Georgia(Even thought that was reason) honestly it is like a rule to root for any team BUT the hawks. Most people who was raised in Georgia roots for anyone BESIDES the Hawks. That goes for any professional ATL team. The only time that wasnt the case was when Vick played for the Falcons. The only time the Hawks are cheered os when we play a team small market team with no superstar(bobcats, bucks, Pacers etc) but then again, how many people come to them games?

Basically its just fun to root against the hawks and any other ATL team for that matter.

Edited by hoodstar
  • Like 1

Disgraceful, but not any different from the games on Wednesday & Friday...

I was at both and the cheering for Derrick Rose/Kevin Durant was deafening...

I blame the ASG for spitting in the faces of the fans with the Larry Drew hire; didn't Gearon Jr. say they were going to bring in a fresh perspective? Oh right, hire the assistant head coach... fresh perspective my *ss

Let me tell you guys the truth.When I was in High school it wasn't that many people wasn't from Georgia(Even thought that was reason) honestly it is like a rule to root for any team BUT the hawks. Most people who was raised in Georgia roots for anyone BESIDES the Hawks. That goes for any professional ATL team. The only time that wasnt the case was when Vick played for the Falcons. The only time the Hawks are cheered os when we play a team small market team with no superstar(bobcats, bucks, Pacers etc) but then again, how many people come to them games?

Basically its just fun to root against the hawks and any other ATL team for that matter.

Same here. Most were from GA. Most didn't like the Hawks. I was the only Hawks fan in HS. Seriously, they didn't exist to most, they just rooted for the Lakers or were player fans. The Bulls had a huge following too.

Same here. Most were from GA. Most didn't like the Hawks. I was the only Hawks fan in HS. Seriously, they didn't exist to most, they just rooted for the Lakers or were player fans. The Bulls had a huge following too.

Exactly. Its not cool to be a Hawks fan. People will root for another team just for the hell of it, root for a player before they root for the hawks. They want even come to the hawks game if its free if they cant do 1 or the other.

Well it was a reflection of how the team played. If the team would have played together in the 4th instead of trying to force it and as a result turning the bal over those bandwagon pieces of **** wouldn't have been doing all that ****

• Like 2

Knicks fans are all of a sudden coming out of their shells in chunks. It's been happening in every arena they've been to since they acquired Melo.

It even expands to the virtual world. I've faced 4 people in a row in 2K that picked the Knicks. :scratchhead:

It is just not cool to be a fan of Atlanta sports teams. Until Atlanta teams start winning aka CHAMPIONSHIPS. Then this sort of thing will continue. None of the athletes that come out around GA ever admit they are Atl sports fans. Heyward you would think might be a Braves fan. He instead grew up cheering for the Yankees.

Even Roddy White took notice. Someone post the link, I can't from my phone @RoddyWhiteTV

I'm gonna go out on the limb and say that most Hawks fans are also Falcons fans, nice going there Roddy.