• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why is it always Joe's fault?

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

Would you rather him go 5-20 and keep shooting when hes off?

Joe knows when he is on and when he is he puts up big numbers. Plus he shouldn't have to try so damn hard to get in the lane and make a floater while his team just stands there..

Their are other players on this team who can put up Joe's numbers like Josh, Al and Jamal. But when something goes wrong who do we blame? Joe Johnson

Its not Joe's fault he got that contract. If you were in that position would you have told them no i dont want max money?

And Joe isnt the only big contract on this team. Josh and Al have some long and decently hefty contracts for themselves.

Joe Johnson is a great player that gets way to much blame then he should. We all know he isnt Lebron or Kobe or Durant. But he is the best player on our team.

You guys talked about Bibby getting us to where we are today as far as playoffs go. If you look further back it was Joe who got us here and almost shocked the world against Boston.

I think if the Hawks trade Joe we would be a 8 or 7th seed team. Too good for a draft pick. Probably to many big contracts for a big free agent knowing our management.

Thats just my opinion. Now please dont kill with me with negative reputation.

• Like 2

That's easy. Al and Josh aren't 126 million dollar players. Regardless of whether or not it's his fault he got the contract, he got the contract. You can't get mad at people for expecting him to play as well as he's getting paid.

Well, I wrote out a long response but my computer decided that it should go back a page and delete all I wrote.

Basically what I was gonna say is that pointing fingers at one player/person/owner etc. gets us nowhere. This is a relatively young, talented team that does need some changes, but it's also not an "all hope is lost" situation. I know the NY and OKC losses were hard to swallow, but they're still just two losses. Miami is slipping, crying in fact, and I don't think we need to hit the panic button just yet.

• Like 1

Joe knows when he is on and when he is he puts up big numbers. Plus he shouldn't have to try so damn hard to get in the lane and make a floater while his team just stands there..

Their are other players on this team who can put up Joe's numbers like Josh, Al and Jamal. But when something goes wrong who do we blame? Joe Johnson

Its not Joe's fault he got that contract. If you were in that position would you have told them no i dont want max money?

And Joe isnt the only big contract on this team. Josh and Al have some long and decently hefty contracts for themselves.

Joe Johnson is a great player that gets way to much blame then he should. We all know he isnt Lebron or Kobe or Durant. But he is the best player on our team.

You guys talked about Bibby getting us to where we are today as far as playoffs go. If you look further back it was Joe who got us here and almost shocked the world against Boston.

I think if the Hawks trade Joe we would be a 8 or 7th seed team. Too good for a draft pick. Probably to many big contracts for a big free agent knowing our management.

It is completely JJ fault. He broke the bank, so we don't have the funds to get better talent. On top of that he is a ball hog and takes up 17-20 sec. to create his own shot. He needs to play SF because he is too slow to get pass most SG. If JJ was a team player like a Chipper Jones and MJ, he would give some of money back to get better talent.

For the Joe bashers would you please provide the board with a number at which Joe's output would not feed unreasonable expectation. $120 millions. Knock off what you will from that number and tell us where he should be. And if possible please give us a non-rookie contract player who approximates his talent and output at that pay level. Thanks.

Guest Squawker

It is completely JJ fault. He broke the bank, so we don't have the funds to get better talent. On top of that he is a ball hog and takes up 17-20 sec. to create his own shot. He needs to play SF because he is too slow to get pass most SG. If JJ was a team player like a Chipper Jones and MJ, he would give some of money back to get better talent.

Exactly how did JJ break the bank? Wouldnt it be management that spent all that money on him? I would have taken that contract. Wouldnt have you?

I certainly don't blame him for taking the contract if the ASG were dumb enough to offer it, and I have come to expect very little from him so I don't blame him for losses. But after signing a huge contract, your production can go three ways: improve, stand pat, or decline. Even his most dedicated fan can admit that having his numbers decline at age 29 ACROSS THE BOARD besides his assists is hard to swallow. To routinely fail to visit the line even once at his size is a blatant indictment that the guy is plain lazy, among many other indicators. I have struggled to see how many on this board refuse to realize this. How does the saying go, "Mo money, mo problems.". Comes with the territory. I'm sure Joe could care less who blames him. He could buy me, make me his slave, and force me to watch his game tapes, making me hang myself and leaving MVP23 to carry the torch.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member

Unfortunantly for Joe, when you get that big of a contract, the pressure will be put on your shoulders. He's just lucky he's not in New York

I agree, Since Joe is wearing the big draws... he needs to run over and bitchslap Smoove everytime Smoove puts up a dumbass shot. Then he needs to turn around and b*tch Slap Horf and say..." IF you're going to be his b*tch, you're going to be my b*tch too!!!!"

• Like 1

I certainly don't blame him for taking the contract if the ASG were dumb enough to offer it, and I have come to expect very little from him so I don't blame him for losses. But after signing a huge contract, your production can go three ways: improve, stand pat, or decline. Even his most dedicated fan can admit that having his numbers decline at age 29 ACROSS THE BOARD besides his assists is hard to swallow. To routinely fail to visit the line even once at his size is a blatant indictment that the guy is plain lazy, among many other indicators. I have struggled to see how many on this board refuse to realize this. How does the saying go, "Mo money, mo problems.". Comes with the territory. I'm sure Joe could care less who blames him. He could buy me, make me his slave, and force me to watch his game tapes, making me hang myself and leaving MVP23 to carry the torch.

I don't agree that it's laziness. Joe is a good player; always has been. I think some of us expect him to be 'Kobe' good. That is just unrealistic.

Sure he has brought a little bit of it on himself by taking that big contract, but you really can't blame him for accepting that whopping contract. I would want his insanity checked if he turned it down!

I don't blame Joe for taking the money, I certainly would have. ASG had no choice but to pay - it was a double edged sword. If they didn't pay him we would be saying they were too cheap and Chicago and NY would have paid him the max. they could have. (Derrick Rose wanted him bad-can you imagine Chi w/ Joe).

I do blame Joe for this:

1. not taking leadership of this team. We know he isn't vocal, but I don't think I've ever seen Joe look engaged in the huddle, or during a dead ball, pointing others in a direction or making a suggestion.

2. Too much dribbling and ISO (which is not all his fault having done it since he got here under Woody)

3. To late in passing out of double teams - I would like to see him make a quick pass to whoever is open when doubled (not all his fault the open player has got to come get the ball also), tThis is also a function of coaching.

4. Not agressive going to the rim and drawing fouls - too many jumpshots.

Edited by jaybird

He;'s shot well for about 2 or 3 weeks all season.

He has been a bust this year.

He has been off this season. There is no denying it. He proved in January that he us still capable of playing some elite basketball. He doesn't look for his shot nearly as much as he did in the past. Alot of that is by design in our new offense. As long as he is ready to step up in the playoffs, I can deal with him being more passive. We will see in a couple weeks.

Exactly how did JJ break the bank? Wouldnt it be management that spent all that money on him? I would have taken that contract. Wouldnt have you?

No I wouldn't. I dream is to have money and the rings. Look what Lebron and Bosh did. JJ is selfish. It shows on the court and from my sources, he displays arrogants in the barber shop he goes to and his favorite restaurant. We ATL sports fans are to darn passive towards these players. The bottom line is, if you except that kind of money then step up to the plate and produce, no excuses. And if you does perform to that level, good for him, that is why you are getting paid top dollar, he gets no kudles. I have no sympathy for JJ. None what so ever. He is the 126 million reason why my city can not get a ring. PLUS, HE REALLY DOESN'T CARE, TRUST ME!

He has been off this season. There is no denying it. He proved in January that he us still capable of playing some elite basketball. He doesn't look for his shot nearly as much as he did in the past. Alot of that is by design in our new offense. As long as he is ready to step up in the playoffs, I can deal with him being more passive. We will see in a couple weeks.

When has Joe stepped up in the playoff the last two years when we got swept...I hope you are right.