• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For the first time ever..

drzachary

.. I am not looking forward to going to the Hawks game tonight.

I've been to, by my rough estimate, 250 Hawks games. My breaking point might finally have been reached with the Knicks drones, and if the Lakers bandwagoners also manage to ruin the experience, I'll be selling a lot more of my season tickets this year and next.

Someone talk me down from the ledge.

• Like 1

I've been to, by my rough estimate, 250 Hawks games. My breaking point might finally have been reached with the Knicks drones, and if the Lakers bandwagoners also manage to ruin the experience, I'll be selling a lot more of my season tickets this year and next.

Come on man....So you are going to let opposing fans run you out of your homecourt?:negative: Show a little bit of pride, why not come to the game decked out in Hawks gear (like the NYC, CHI, LA drones) and represent and show them who's house it REALLY is, instead of giving up. :superman:

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN
  • Like 1

I don't get to go to many games (maybe one or two per year), but I'm a big fan so I don't care about the other fans. If I love my team, I'd go see them on the road and cheer my head off. I get my tickets from a business contact who has season tickets on the 2nd row behind the basket. They are absolutely amazing seats and I got ribbed by the guy who gave me the tickets because he said he could see me on TV all night "wearing out my Thunder Sticks" lol. I told him I didn't care. I was there to cheer for MY team!

I've gone to college football bowl games where my team's fans were in the minority (FSU vs. UGA Sugar Bowl) and we were expected to get slaughtered, but I still cheered my heart out all the way until the final whistle. You go because you're a fan. You cheer because you're a fan. Yeah the team is playing poorly and very Jekyl and Hyde, but they're still your team. Go Hawks!

Edited by Dragitoff

Come on man....So you are going to let opposing fans run you out of your homecourt?:negative: Show a little bit of pride, why not come to the game decked out in Hawks gear (like the NYC, CHI, LA drones) and represent and show them who's house it REALLY is, instead of giving up. :superman:

That's just it. It's not really a homecourt, nor does it feel like one. Essentially, I'm paying a LOT of money to get taunted -- or in the case of the Knicks fans, actually spat on -- like I would going to a game at MSG in my Hawks gear. No thanks.

If I just went to 2 games per year, sure, I'd get up for it. Seeing as how I go to 41... I'm thinking my plan is to sell my "bandwagon pack" next year: Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Bulls. I can just about pay for my season tickets every year if I do that.

• Like 1

If I just went to 2 games per year, sure, I'd get up for it. Seeing as how I go to 41... I'm thinking my plan is to sell my "bandwagon pack" next year: Heat, Lakers, Knicks, Bulls. I can just about pay for my season tickets every year if I do that.

That is what alot of other season ticket holders do........both to the Hawks and the Falcons.

That's just it. It's not really a homecourt, nor does it feel like one. Essentially, I'm paying a LOT of money to get taunted -- or in the case of the Knicks fans, actually spat on -- like I would going to a game at MSG in my Hawks gear. No thanks.

Junior isn't there to help you with being spat on, he has been on the record of saying he doesn't care about the fans so long as they pay to get in (hey Junior I've got news for you, I've snuck into Philips before without having a ticket!).

As far as talking you off the ledge DrZ, ummm...I really don't have any advice. I guess if you've been a fan of the Hawks for 250 games then you've already subjected yourself to so much humiliation that another game certainly cannot be the straw that breaks the camel's back. You're just a sadistic human being, also known as being a Hawks fan.

• Moderators

All I can say Dude is "NOTHING EASY...NOTHING EASY"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cQjjvFAf6Q

dont blame you that was embarrassing

Well hey....if money is what its about and selling your seats make more sense financially then yes go for it man, I understand what u are saying. But PERSONALLY I find it hard to accept that a fan of ANY team would let opposing fans keep you from coming to a home game in your city, if anything it should fuel ur support. Maybe thoughts like the ones that u are having contributes to the reason that there isn't enough Hawk support at games, I don't know, but ur post simply amazes me. I am not even from Atlanta and I would never consider not coming to a game because of opposing fans. I gotta represent the hometeam :newrussian:

Edited by CODHAWKSFAN

• Moderators

Well hey....if money is what its about and selling your seats make more sense financially then yes go for it man, I understand what u are saying. But PERSONALLY I find it hard to accept that a fan of ANY team would let opposing fans keep you from coming to a home game in your city, if anything it should fuel ur support. Maybe thoughts like the ones that u are having contributes to the reason that there isn't enough Hawk support at games, I don't know, but ur post simply amazes me. I am not even from Atlanta and I would never consider not coming to a game because of opposing fans. I gotta represent the hometeam :newrussian:

Nah. I feel the same as the Dr. The NY fans are really obnoxious. I don't mind people showing up in the gear and cheering their team but the taunting, screaming, mvp and general disrespect for the home team and home fans gets my blood boiling. As someone mentioned in another post the worst is when they bring their little kids and laugh as they teach them to yell derogatory things about the home team.

If its just adults and they are obnoxious they need to feel very unwelcome in our house.

Nah. I feel the same as the Dr. The NY fans are really obnoxious. I don't mind people showing up in the gear and cheering their team but the taunting, screaming, mvp and general disrespect for the home team and home fans gets my blood boiling. As someone mentioned in another post the worst is when they bring their little kids and laugh as they teach them to yell derogatory things about the home team.

If its just adults and they are obnoxious they need to feel very unwelcome in our house.

And, since the ownership is showing signs of ENCOURAGING this sort of crowd, I'll have to change my plans going forward.

Looking at this year's schedule for example, if I were to sell 8 of the 'bandwagon' games on stubhub, I can pay for the other 33 games and have money left over for a beer for every game!

Show little bit of pride? lol

Why should the fans show pride? The freakin OWNERS don't even show any pride. They're selling the other teams s*** and marketing the OTHER teams.

• Like 1

Dude....NY fans are NY fans, when NY is doing good everyone hates their fans when they come to town, Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Hockey EVERYONE. No excuses!! SMH, Maybe Atlanta natives are just a different breed, but I am shocked.

Dude....NY fans are NY fans, when NY is doing good everyone hates their fans when they come to town, Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Hockey EVERYONE. No excuses!! SMH, Maybe Atlanta natives are just a different breed, but I am shocked.

I realize this, but I feel that, for my own mental health, it's best to let them being their own disgusting, saliva-drenched microcosm of humanity's wretchedness, safely locked away in "their" Philips Arena. More importantly, I should be paid for the privilege of avoiding them, not suffering them.

Just trying to be Zen about all this. At the first Knicks game this year, my seatmate punched a Knicks bandwagoner in the mouth! :) That's also a good approach ...

• Like 3

• Moderators

We are on a bandwagon. A small, rickety wagon on uneven, rusted, wobbly wheels.

It's powered by nine donkeys (at your leisure, feel free to employ a synonym) that don't always pull in the same direction and are often moving laterally when they think they're plodding forward. It's also assisted by a team of about fourteen mules displaying widely varied levels of competency, composure, and cost-effectiveness.

We suffer many splinters riding this wagon. It has proven its proficiency for moderate distances, yet it veers off course too easily on a nightly basis, and the wheels come completely off when it is needed for the long haul. Occasionally, the donkeys bray and spit on us passengers when we try to feed them. While ample room on the wagon is a good thing at times, there is a flawed yet prevailing belief that it would go faster and farther if we simply added a LOT more passengers (maybe we could give it a better push?) And we have no confidence that anyone responsible for guiding the wagon knows what it will take for it reach its most desired destination. (Motivate one semi-accomplished mule by giving it a lot more oats than almost any other mule anywhere? Coddle a gifted yet stubborn and bloating mule despite its tendency to wallow in the back of the line?)

Yes, along this journey we could simply give in and hop on any of a dozen other higher-speed, higher-capacity lorry models, most equipped with capable workhorses that are all the rage. Their passengers look down upon us as though we are unworthy of their momentary gaze, even when we're in our own town. We experience unbridled joy during those occasional moments when we outpace them, but more often than not we are left envious and wondering how long until other wagons behind ours get upgraded and pass us by.

Yet we remain on board, loyal and clinging to the kind of hope that is devoid of all reason. With the right level of fortune and a string of smart decisionmaking, we can upgrade this wagon. And when this upgraded wagon finally achieves its potential, we will experience a "bandwagon effect" in this town not seen since the days when Dallas typed 'cowboys' with a small 'c'. And we can tell all our new passengers how we were there, back in the rickety, rusty eras. Before it was cool to be seen on this wagon.

But the key may be to get the "donkeys" to listen. Or at least replace them all with a thoroughbred.

Enjoy the game.

~lw3

• Like 2

LW3:

That was poetry. Just what I needed to hear. :)

I'm still taking a little break, but inspiration such as yours means that I will return with full hit points, ready to go. Thank you!

• Like 1