• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pape, Etan, and JP

DJlaysitup

Since none of these topics are really deserving of a thread of their own...I thought I'd combine them into one:

Pape Sy: I perused the last dozen or so boxscores and Pape has been inactive nearly all the time (he did have two DNP-CDs). I wonder if LD may be being a little short sighted here since we have a bunch of "desperation bigs"...but no "desperation guards". What I mean is, wouldn't it be a good idea to get Pape a little garbage time just in case we run into injuries at the guard spot down the stretch? I see no reason not to jump him ahead of Armstrong or JP or at least put him in an "inactive rotation" with them. Plus, with the Hawks you never know when there will be garbage time since it all comes down to shooting...impossible to plan for...so you can't just activate Pape for one game expecting a blowout against a lesser team.

Along with that - I would certainly hate to see Pape finish the season without playing any at all. He did pay for his own plane ticket that time and that should get him a few minutes right there! The way things are going I doubt if we see him in a Hawks uni (or in the NBA) after this year :sad:

Etan: It's getting more and more obvious that Etan isn't in the Hawks' plans at all. He seems to be settling into the inactive role with Pape. I didn't exactly have "High Hopes" for Etan at the beginning of the year - but I did think that he could play some in spots and maybe bring some energy. I hope he has been saving his money.

JP: Wow...JP was I guy I actually DID have "High Hopes" for early in the year. He actually had some good games and showed he had some game. I have no clue what happened (maybe an accumulation of things) but it looks like he is now in the dungeon below the doghouse. Maybe he just isn't LD's type of guy. I remember one instance I saw on TV when JP tossed an article of clothing on Jerome's head during his pre-game blurb. Could be he thinks pretty highly of himself (having the rings) and thinks this Hawks gig is a bore...or...maybe he's just a fun loving guy and LD doesn't think he is serious enough. I dunno, just guessing.

Still, JP was contributing early in the year and now it seems as though he is just a consistent end of the bench DNP-CDer. That's a dissappointment since it looked like he could bring some offense.

any thoughts? :question:

Edited by DJlaysitup

Can't cry about the 12th, 13th, and 14th guys not getting minutes.

Right now ZaZa is playing too good to worry aount getting Powell or Thomas getting minutes. ZaZa just had a 19 / 11 game and alwayse brings energy. Powell brings no energy. He just throw up jump shots. We have enough bigs who like to thow up jump shots. We need bigs who do dirty work in the paint. I too thought Thomas would help there on given nights but he is only useful for if we face the Magic in 7 game playoff series.

I'm surprised JP didn't get a suspension or something for missing the game when he was arrested. Traffic violation or not, they should send the guy a message.

ET doesn't seem like he can really do anything. Pape Sy will remain Pop Secret, I'm afraid.

I'm surprised JP didn't get a suspension or something for missing the game when he was arrested. Traffic violation or not, they should send the guy a message....

Yeah Randy, I don't know. I would still guess that he was just trying to cut ahead of traffic and all the "blocking an emergency vehicle" was trumped up BS by a p!ssed off cop.

That said...it does make one wonder a bit about JP's dedication if a bit-o-traffic makes him late for the game. I mean normally a guy in his situation would be getting to the arena early and a little extra traffic wouldn't matter much.

• Premium Member

Do you all remember that game where JP had like 16 pts in the frist half and didnt see anymore action in the second half? what was that about?

Do you all remember that game where JP had like 16 pts in the frist half and didnt see anymore action in the second half? what was that about?

Yeah QH...I think I remember that...it was one of the games that made me think he could be a real contributor.

As far as what that was all about - you got me. Maybe something happened at halftime? Maybe somebody said something to LD (not necessarily JP). I'm pretty much a "cause and effect" type guy though. I tend to be skeptical of coincidences.

My guess is - if we knew all the stuff that happens behind the scenes and in the locker room we would be stunned.

• Moderators

Don't forget the one-game coach's "suspension" of Powell back in January. Beyond injury insurance, I think we brought J-Pow into the fold due to the thinking that deep playoff experience would translate into maturing leadership for a hometown franchise that's desperate to "next-level" things without paying a heckuva lot to do it. Hasn't worked out.

~lw3

I'm surprised JP didn't get a suspension or something for missing the game when he was arrested. Traffic violation or not, they should send the guy a message.

ET doesn't seem like he can really do anything. Pape Sy will remain Pop Secret, I'm afraid.

:sarcastichand: Called that dude Pop Secret...LMAO!!!

Edited by y2kenta