• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague.... NO MINUTES!

TeagueForMVP

Teague did not receive any minutes today... what is larry drew doing?

I know we always say this, but teague should consistently be getting 10-15min a game now. There is no way he is going to develop if he is sitting his *ss on the bench the whole game.

AND Jamal Crawford is not a point guard!!!

But we got it done, GOOD WIN!

LESS GOO HAWKS!!

We won the game... sure... however, during the last couple of Pistons' possessions LD had an opportunity (dead balls, time outs) to make defensive subs, but he left Crawford in there???

Those coaching mistakes could have cost us a game... (both Damien and JT were better choices).

• Like 1

• Moderators

The Bibby trade was LD's time to work out a new rotation. He gave Teague a week to claim a spot and in LD's eyes I think he's saying JT failed. I disagree but what we saw yesterday i expect to be our 8 man rotation from here on out. Occasional glimpses of JT or Collins but no consistent minutes.

Even though I think JT should be getting more minutes, LD has to get these guys in their roles. Kirk has to take charge of the offense. That won't happen if he's the starter only every other game.

LD knows he has to win now to keep his job. He is going into complete Woody mode of just playing the starters and let the bench rot.

This all goes back to the ASG not hiring a guy who is comfortable and confident in his position as HC. Woody and LD suffer the same problems: they are first time HC with very small contracts. Those contracts are easy to fire, and in the case of Drew very easy to fire. A coach without confidence in his job security is going to make panic moves that end up costing him his job.

Doesn't matter if Teague starts or not....He should be getting minutes...I can't think of any other team in the league that uses less people off the bench consistently than the Hawks over the last 6 years!!!

Woodson, and now Drew basically burn out our starters and look for them to be able miserably drag the end of games to wins with no rest or energy to finish the game with! Just like in the Detroit game yesterday. Our biggest flaws as a team all season have been lack of ENERGY in games especially at the end AND slowed, sputtering offense. BOTH ARE CLEAR RESULTS OF NOT USING FRESH LEGS OFF BENCH TO LET YOUR STARTERS REST AND RECUPERATE DURING GAMES!!! Joe, Josh, and AL have all looked tired, bored, and beaten at the end of a lot of games. Their body languages show it all. Dropping their heads, getting beat off the dribble, not hustling as hard, and careless, tired looks in their faces. It's a little harder to drop your head when you have plenty energy and fight in your tank

Every team that I can think of uses a consistent (or fairly consistent) second unit BUT us! And for Teague to have so much ability to affect game situations, it's INEXCUSABLE for him not to be in our main 8-9 rotation. I'm not saying he's a top 10 PG, but he has shown the ability to be one on occasions.

Teague, Powell, and Etan still getting DNPs...GET DA F* OUTTA HERE!!!

I'm sorry. I meant to put a +1, not a -1. Can someone else give him a +1? Thanks a lot.

• Moderators

He didnt play probably because Kirk made a great job on Hamilton.

Against an inferior opponent and with Jamal Crawford on the floor for just over 30 minutes on one of his 3-8 games, there weren't 10 minutes to be found? I don't buy it.

• Like 2

Personally I didn't mind Teague not seeing minutes in that particular game and won't use it as an indictment against LD. The Pistons didn't play a single PG unless you consider Gordon and Stuckey PGs so perhaps LD didn't want to matchup Teague against them. Now I'm sure plenty will say "he did well against Andre Miller!" but Andre Miller doesn't possess both the size and quickness that Stuckey and Gordon possess. IMO, despite his physical tools Teague doesn't really affect speed guards. He looks like a demon pressuring slower footed guards that can't change direction all that well but I've seen enough of the Boykins , Jennings, and Lawson's whip him to know he's not a plus defender there. Throw in size and his propensity to bite on shot fakes and I just don't see where he would of had an advantage against Gordon and then Stuckey and who amongst the starting lineup of TMac and Hamilton was he going to guard as well? Right or wrong, LD played the matchups. Perhaps if Teague was worth a damn on offense then we could force teams to matchup with us but he's just not there yet as a player so there was no use being at a disadvantage on both ends of the floor in an already tight game. Just my take.

Personally I didn't mind Teague not seeing minutes in that particular game and won't use it as an indictment against LD. The Pistons didn't play a single PG unless you consider Gordon and Stuckey PGs so perhaps LD didn't want to matchup Teague against them. Now I'm sure plenty will say "he did well against Andre Miller!" but Andre Miller doesn't possess both the size and quickness that Stuckey and Gordon possess. IMO, despite his physical tools Teague doesn't really affect speed guards. He looks like a demon pressuring slower footed guards that can't change direction all that well but I've seen enough of the Boykins , Jennings, and Lawson's whip him to know he's not a plus defender there. Throw in size and his propensity to bite on shot fakes and I just don't see where he would of had an advantage against Gordon and then Stuckey and who amongst the starting lineup of TMac and Hamilton was he going to guard as well? Right or wrong, LD played the matchups. Perhaps if Teague was worth a damn on offense then we could force teams to matchup with us but he's just not there yet as a player so there was no use being at a disadvantage on both ends of the floor in an already tight game. Just my take.

LD must be a genius to not use a quick point guard against Detroit. None of the other NBA coaches have figured out that secret.

There is no longer any justification for Larry Drew to not give Teague consistent minutes. If it were up to Woodson and Larry Drew, Rajon Rondo would still be riding the bench if he played here and we'd all be wondering if Rondo belonged in the league. These guys are confidence killers for young players. They let veterans screw up left and right and give the young players the quick hook or a DNP-CD for making a couple of mistakes. I can't stand our coaching staff any more. You don't develop young talent by not letting them play and crushing their confidence.

• Like 1