• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is it to late for Josh to be broken?

Wurider05

His attitude the other night was horrible. Same old story it seems. What can be done to make him get it or is it safe to say that after 7 seasons he what he is? If Josh Smith is our best player what does that say about our team? You think that LD should bench him for the rest of the season to let him know the deal? I am talking about his attitude and not his performance. But the performance made his attitude that much worse.

Edited by Wurider05

:Nail Biting:

Josh can be great. He can be exciting. He can carry the team.

He can be a klutz. He can do dumb things, over and over.

All of us, no matter the age, are not too old to learn. Josh is so good.

He may yet grow up to be great! I hope so.

:kingchris:

• Premium Member

Whether you like it or not, Josh Smith is gonna be Josh Smith. hes not changin. But he had a bad game yesterday, other than that, he has actually been playing pretty well lately. Enough with us hating on him for every little thing he does wrong.

...or Josh's compulsive defenders could stop complaining every time someone dares to criticize him.

• Like 1

LD should bench him everytime he takes a jump shot over 15 ft or every time he is around the 3pt line for more than 3 second or ANY time he dribbles the ball upcourt instead of passing it to a guard. He need to get it through his thick skull not only is he not a guard but because we do not have a legit center he needs to fill the roll of a center under the basket on offense and defense.

...You think that LD should bench him for the rest of the season to let him know the deal?...

Holy Toledo.

You Josh H8ters are an odd bunch. Borderline Loonies. Smoove had a bad game...3 for 10 with 4 rebounds..it happens (JJ was 4-20). The reason LD sat Smoove in the 4th was because Zaza was having a much better game and (thank heavens) he kept Zaza in there. This had nothing to do with some sort of LD "beat down" on Smoove...LD went big at the end. This was no apocalyptic thing. I doubt Smoove minded...he probably cheered Zaza and the team.

The game before this Smoove had 26 pts 6 rebs 4 assists and 1 turnover.

Game before that he had 13 points and 18 (YES EIGHTEEN) rebounds.

Game before that 22 points and 4 rebounds.

Game before that 33 points (YES THIRTY THREE POINTS) and 12 rebounds.

I just can't understand all this...people are apparently just chomping at the bit for Smoove to have a bad game so he can be "benched for the year".

Insanity :banghead:

• Like 2

It's not about "having a bad game". It's about his selfish attitude. Those jumpers are just dumb and the way he treats some of his teammates and coaching staff is a complete joke. Stats aren't everything so get over it.

Edited by ViperXX79
  • Like 1

LD should bench him everytime he takes a jump shot over 15 ft or every time he is around the 3pt line for more than 3 second or ANY time he dribbles the ball upcourt instead of passing it to a guard. He need to get it through his thick skull not only is he not a guard but because we do not have a legit center he needs to fill the roll of a center under the basket on offense and defense.

Well actually swanlee...the reverse is true. LD needs to get it through his thick head that Zaza IS a legit center and having a guy like Smoove at the SF (like Rodman when Detroit had Laimbeer at center) actually works. Laimbeer was a tough guy - like Zaza. Smoove is a rebounding animal like Rodman. We also have a very good PF. A front line of Zaza, Horford, Smith is formidable. With Hinrich at PG and Joe at SG we have a very nice team for halfcourt - playoff style basketball.

It's not about "having a bad game". It's about his selfish attitude. Those jumpers are just dumb and the way he treats some of his teammates and coaching staff is a complete joke. Stats aren't everything so get over it.

This is absurd...selfish attitude? Like what do you mean? The other guys jack up perimiter shots like crazy and when Smoove shoots one he is selfish? Heck - ask Horford - you better be a little bit selfish on this team or you will never get a shot. Smoove is actually one of the better forwards in the league when it comes to assists.

The thing you Smoove H8ters CAN'T "get over" is that you are wrong. Dead arsed wrong in every argument you make.

How he treats his teammates? What would you know about that? How he treats his coaching staff? LOL - Zaza cussed at LD (F-Bomb I believe) the other night right on the court. This isn't tiddly winks...guys get jazzed every now and then. Most people understand these things.

You folks should just be honest and come right out and say that you don't like Smoove - no matter what he does. :kickcan:

This is absurd...selfish attitude? Like what do you mean? The other guys jack up perimiter shots like crazy and when Smoove shoots one he is selfish? Heck - ask Horford - you better be a little bit selfish on this team or you will never get a shot. Smoove is actually one of the better forwards in the league when it comes to assists.

The thing you Smoove H8ters CAN'T "get over" is that you are wrong. Dead arsed wrong in every argument you make.

How he treats his teammates? What would you know about that? How he treats his coaching staff? LOL - Zaza cussed at LD (F-Bomb I believe) the other night right on the court. This isn't tiddly winks...guys get jazzed every now and then. Most people understand these things.

You folks should just be honest and come right out and say that you don't like Smoove - no matter what he does. :kickcan:

]

Your entire post is exactly what people are complaining about and sounds exactly in line with his thinking ..........and why he is always overlooked when people think all star

Honestly DJ, I don't think many Hawks fans deserve the team they have.

6 years ago, the team was led by Al Harrington, Tyrone Lue and Antoine Walker and finished 13 and 69.

5 short years ago, the team was led by Joe Johnson and Al Harrington with Mike Woodson as the coach. The team finished with 26 wins and 56 losses.

4 years ago with Joe Johnson dominating the ball for 25 points and 20 shots a game, Josh, Josh and Marvin finally started. The team improved to 30 wins...yes, that's it...thirty wins. We had Zaza, we had Joe shooting 20 times a game and we finished 22 games under .500.

Finally Al showed up, we got a point guard.

Now we are perennial playoff contenders. The less Joe has scored over the years, the more we've won. The more Al and Josh have continued to dominate play, the more we've won. But we have people on the board who want to go back to Zaza at center, Josh and Marvin on the bench and Joe shooting 20+ times a game.

We don't deserve our 50 win team. Just one man's opinion. I think people around here don't remember what a 13 win season felt like.

Edited by thecampster
  • Like 1

This post is laughable. If you don't think Josh has a huge attitude problem your kidding yourself... Hubie Brown pointed it out best in the playoffs last year against Orlando

While Josh was loafing on defense. I see how this clown treats the rest of the guys on this team and the coaches very often. Josh Smith will never be a part of a team that accomplishes anything significant. Can't wait til he's somebody else's headache.

(From nba.com recap)

QUOTABLE II: "I was watching Z roll. It was a beautiful thing to watch, him really playing physical, playing hard and doing what he does. As long as he keeps doing that . . . we're going to be successful. Maybe he needs to visualize everybody in a Celtics uniform. The way he plays against them is amazing to watch."

-- Josh Smith, on not playing the final quarter-plus as Pachulia did.

]

Your entire post is exactly what people are complaining about and sounds exactly in line with his thinking ..........and why he is always overlooked when people think all star

Again Crank...I am totally dumbfounded...things that are entirely in line with "his thinking"...it's silly. Nobody knows what anybody else is thinking.

Look at production on the court...we aren't paying Smoove for certain thought patterns for Gosh sakes...and who of you knows about his thoughts..and why would you care?

Josh is an idiot...thats the problem. I see him bringing the ball down on a fast break and it just irks me bc although he can make a nice pass every now and then the BEST play would definitely be for him to give the ball up and run the court looking to get it back bc of his athleticism and length....but does he do that? Of course not!!!

I see him standing out at the 3 point line and it just irks me bc even though he may hit them from time to time WHY IN THE HECK IS HE JUST STANDING THERE??? When the ball is stuck thats the best time for him to cut but of course he doesn't......

Cant count how many times I've seen him lately just let a guy go up uncontested for layups when he's the last line of defense....and DJ I know good and damn well you didn't compare Josh to rodman....Josh couldnt hold a candle to rodmans hustle and toughness on the boards or defense....I pray that he gets that type of attitude one day but Im not holding my breath.

Josh doesn't play to his strengths.....pretty much the exact opposite....thats y he's frustrating as hell to watch....dont hate him, just frustrated

• Like 1

I honestly dont know what you are talking about with josh's attitude. He was frustrated on the floor sure because he was not hitting shots. When he was on the bench he was hyped every time we scored, every time the camera panned over to the hawks bench he was out of his seat jumping up and down. He had a bad game, and I agree LD should bench him when he takes to many jumpers, but emotionally smoove was all in on this game.

• Like 3

I honestly dont know what you are talking about with josh's attitude. He was frustrated on the floor sure because he was not hitting shots. When he was on the bench he was hyped every time we scored, every time the camera panned over to the hawks bench he was out of his seat jumping up and down. He had a bad game, and I agree LD should bench him when he takes to many jumpers, but emotionally smoove was all in on this game.

Thank you 01d0rd3r

:vacation1:

P.S. - you may want to go with a name like Sam or AL...it took me 5 minutes to figure your name out and give proper props.