• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Observations on Today's game

Wurider05

I have noticed that AL is becoming a little quick on the trigger and he is going farther and farther out shooting jumpers. We have to have someone under the board. LD had to get this thing together!!! Isn't he suppose to be the "warrior" on the team. He is starting to display a finesse game.

Marvin is stroking it pretty well lately. HE should have been in the game down the stretch instead of Jamal.

LD should have slowed it down when they started coming back.

• Like 1

I have noticed that AL is becoming a little quick on the trigger and he is going farther and farther out shooting jumpers. We have to have someone under the board. LD had to get this thing together!!! Isn't he suppose to be the "warrior" on the team. He is starting to display a finesse game.

Marvin is stroking it pretty well lately. HE should have been in the game down the stretch instead of Jamal.

thats why i don't understand why Etan doesn't get more minutes... isn't he supposed to be a rebounder and throw his weight around? A good amount of the time no one wants to rebound.

I dare you say anything negative about Mr. Al. Even if he did get outplayed by a 6'8 center. Everything negative around here has to be about either Josh, Joe, Jamal, or Marvin. Got it! Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

I dare you say anything negative about Mr. Al. Even if he did get outplayed by a 6'8 center. Everything negative around here has to be about either Josh, Joe, Jamal, or Marvin. Got it!

The Al Horford fan club is a powerful beast.

I have been disappointed in Al's effort lately. Smoove crashed the boards liked a mad man laatnight. If Al have that same effort, we win that game convincingly. In a game with 70+ missed shots, your Center haas to get more than 4 rebounds in 41 minutes.

• Premium Member

Something happened after the Bulls games. He was like a man possessed by an evil 3-pt shooting basketball demon and now he's back to being golly gee aw shucks.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

What I can't figure out is why is he playing Joe Johnson type minutes when he hasn't been that effective? He's logging an average of 39 minutes over the past 10 games, 38 in the month of March through the ankle and hammy injuries and I just can't see the point by Drew playing him more than any other starter. If he's struggling and picking up nagging injuries then why is he being played like we have no backup Cs or PFs on the roster. Drew has successfully managed to cap Marvin's minutes despite him performing well yet he can't find a way to reduce Al and maybe have him be more impactful in smaller minutes? Get the guy some rest because it's clear he's coasting through these 40 minute games trying to save himself for whatever and is moving further and further away from contact.

That is why ZaZa meshed so well with him in that Boston game. ZaZa does dirty work in the paint and gets offensive rebounds. Horford still got 16 rebounds or so but that is besides the point. Hubie Brown pointed out that Al Horford is #1 in the league in FG% from 10 feet out and beyond. The guy who is #2 is Dirk Norwitski (Sp ?).

I have no problem with the player who is #1 in the league in FG% from outside of 10 feet taking perimeter shots. He only takes them when he is open and is hitting a high percentage. No complaints from me there. Let him draw the opposing center out of the lane wile hitting a high percentage of perimeter shots. That is what we need vs. Dwight Howard in the playoffs.

#5 needs to get in the paint and do more dirty work and quit hanging around the perimeter. Hubie was continually calling out Drew for allowing #5 to free lance around the perimeter. My take is #5 should have hte common sense to play to his strength but the obvious truth is the man was not born with much common sense.

Edited by coachx
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

Horford boy's club > Illuminati

I haven't witnessed a group this powerful since the Kieth Brooking days.

• Moderators

Hubie being the coach here even for one year would do wonders for the Hawks and all these guys careers.

The amazing thing about Horford is that if he really is the #1 shooter from beyond 10 feet why does no one guard him there? He routinely catched near the top of the key and just stands there looking to pass the ball. Bibby knew how to get Horford good looks. No one else seems interested in that.

I haven't witnessed a group this powerful since the Kieth Brooking days.

LOL, I hated Brooking but Al is great but I said this would happen in that wrong about thread. Bibby PnR was too vital for Horford. Oh well, there is always next year and their crop of available superstars for trade.

Something happened after the Bulls games. He was like a man possessed by an evil 3-pt shooting basketball demon and now he's back to being golly gee aw shucks.

Josh came back. lol

I honestly believe Al Horford is still hurt. He hasn't been the same since the last injury. He looks like he's lost confidence in his shot; he's not even taking the shots he used to. He's being passive and looking to pass the ball right away. For a while I thought somone in the lockeroom had told the big men to stop shooting long jumpers. I figured Al was not shooting in hopes Josh would stop launching from the outside, but it doesn't seem to be working. His approach to the game has defintley changed, and I'm not sure why.

The silly among us will say that Al is being soft, but that is definitley doesn't make sense. How does a player play hard nose ball for 3 3/4 years then all of a sudden become soft. He's been our best rebounder since the day he put on a Hawks jersey, and his rebounding has been pretty poor lately.

Please don't respond with the Amare took his man hood BS. Al Horford is not scared of Amare, nor should any player be.

I think Kirk Hinrich may be hurt as well. He doesn't have the quickness he had early on, and doesn't have the lift on his shots. You can see him rushing his shots in an effort to get them off, but thats just making his accuracy poor.

If I were Drew I would rest all these guy the last 2 or 3 games of the season, for we need them healthy to really compete in the playoffs. .

• Like 1

With Al Horford haters club officially on the board HS is complete.

Hayes scored against 1 or 2 baskets against Al playing 1 on 1. His first three that got him rolling were against Smoove. Majority of the rest was scored after Rockets penetrations forcing help defense.

I don't have problem with the Boss jumpshooting - he has no post game whatsoever so has to shoot outside or drive and he does both things well, he has right to have an off game, at least he got a lot of touches everyone and his grandma was demanding from coach.

Rebounding is what worries me the most. Yes, he grabbed 15 or 16 boards vs Boston, but it took him 47 mins to do so. Josh's rebounding numbers are better lately and I really hope ATlien's right and Al is not giving an effort he used to because of health issues. If that's the case I hope he gets well soon and he should get much less minutes that he's been recording last month.