• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks at Wizards

DJlaysitup

Hawks vs. Wizards tonight! Both teams are locked in - us at 5 - and Wizards in the lottery. Both teams are on a back-to-back. Hawks lost to Indy last night and Wizards lost to Boston.

It would be a fairly uninteresting game except for something many of us are looking forward to. "He whose name cannot be spoken" went for 19 points and 3 assists against Boston last night in 40+ minutes and I would expect he will get big minutes against us tonight.

PLUS! we have the Pape Sy watch. He got 3:08 last night and I would expect he will be on the court again at some point tonight. I'm really hoping he makes a basket tonight.

Go Hawks! Beat the Wizards! :beer11:

• Premium Member

This one is for entertainment purposes only. I know Drew said he wanted to 'fine tune' the team for the last few games of the season, but last night's effort shows me that they will coast from here on out and try not to get anybody else hurt. Smoove won't play and Horf and JJ probably shouldn't play either for that matter. The intriguing matchup of the game will be Teague vs. Wall. Craw vs. Craw will be entertaining as well due to the fact that they both play ZERO defense and have scorer's mentalities. I think it'll be fun to watch.

It would be a fairly uninteresting game except for something many of us are looking forward to. "He whose name cannot be spoken" went for 19 points and 3 assists against Boston last night in 40+ minutes and I would expect he will get big minutes against us tonight.

Go Hawks! Beat the Wizards! :beer11:

Heh. :) Yes. I noticed the unspeakable one is averaging over 22 points and 5 assists per game in his past ten games and has averaged over 17 PPG per game since the trade. That's kind of painful to see as a Hawks fan, but at the same time I say kudos to him and I'm happy for him that he's having success, and all this does is offer further confirmation of the fact (as if that fact should ever need to be confirmed) that sometimes all a guy needs is to be given a chance. The more he's been given an opportunity to play, the better he's been. FG percentage WAY up since the trade, and he's gone 68-78 from the FT line, which is a cool 88%. Still can't really hit a 3 pointer to save his life, but maybe that will come, and given the way his play has improved with increased minutes and responsibilities, there's no reason to think he can't improve so far as hitting 3 pointers goes too. Even if it doesn't, he's still proven he can be a very effective player and one worthy of starting in the NBA. So hey, at least we drafted a good player, even if we didn't keep him. That's at least something I guess.

Anyway, go Hawks!

^^^*Ahem* no use of his name is allowed on the Homecourt forum.

Back on topic, Sund will demonstrate his genius tonight, We will come to view this past draft like we do the Smoove-Chills draft, that the lower drafted pick is the far superior player. /sarcasm.

• Like 1

I KNOW we were bad but espn always got something to say about us. did y'all read the recap?

"WASHINGTON -- Andray Blatche scored 23 points, John Wall had 19, and the Washington Wizards dealt the playoff-bound Atlanta Hawks their fourth straight loss, 115-83 on Saturday night.

The reeling Hawks, who are set to play Orlando in the playoffs, are heading into the postseason in less than ideal shape."

• Like 1