• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove hides Horfords terrible post Defense!

willthepureshooter

Horford? Superstar? I dont see it. Is he a good player? Yes. But superstar? Nada. Hell, Josh coulda been a superstar 2 or 3 years ago, if he'd stop doin dumb shizz, and focus on what he does best. And his faults are easily corrected. Most superstar potential on this team by far imo. Quit hiring these 2 $ coaches and get a respectable name in here to begin with. Not a Horford hater or a Smith lover. Just sayin.

I see it, it's quite clear as well. He can play at an elite level. He just can't create his own shot. We seen what an elite PnR PG can do for a PnR PF in Boozer, West, and K. Malone and like Malone, Horford is an elite PnR PF. He scored 20 and 10 in 28 mins and can't even create his own offense. That's amazing. Just imagine if he had CP3, Deron, or Nash.

Josh never had the mental makeup to be a superstar and he's too flawed to become a superstar. He's stuck in the 20-45 range as a player. Smith is the most talented player, I think we all can agree on that. I've said in the past that no PF in the NBA can do all that Josh Smith does today as well as he does it but no PF in the top 10 does as many things wrong as Smith does.

Edited by nbasuperstar40

I see it, it's quite clear as well. He can play at an elite level. He just can't create his own shot. We seen what an elite PnR PG can do for a PnR PF in Boozer, West, and K. Malone and like Malone, Horford is an elite PnR PF. He scored 20 and 10 in 28 mins and can't even create his own offense. That's amazing. Just imagine if he had CP3, Deron, or Nash.

Josh never had the mental makeup to be a superstar and he's too flawed to become a superstar. He's stuck in the 20-45 range as a player. Smith is the most talented player, I think we all can agree on that. I've said in the past that no PF in the NBA can do all that Josh Smith does today as well as he does it but no PF in the top 10 does as many things wrong as Smith does.

No way an elite pg doesnt give a player a motor and Al has no motor

No way an elite pg doesnt give a player a motor and Al has no motor

Al has no motor?

Superstars can create their own shot and dominate a game when they need to. Horford can't do that.

• Like 1

Superstars can create their own shot and dominate a game when they need to. Horford can't do that.

Karl Malone? Ben Wallace? Shawn Kemp?

Malone's, Boozer's and West's post games laugh at Horf being elite.

Seriously? Boozer is basically a 3rd option in Chicago and they have no true #2 option. Funny how he drops when he has no Deron. David West, lol. He's a poor man's Horford. Malone and Horford damn near the same. I really see no difference. Malone didn't have to deal will 3rd tier PG's, he had one of the best creators in NBA history.

West, Boozer, and Malone have/had better post games than Horford does now. Wasn't Bibby suppose to be an elite pick-n-roll PG?

No they don't. Malone did but not by a wide margin. Bibby can't be elite because he can only do things out of the PnR. Pass to roller or spot up shoot. Guys like CP3 and Deron can do 8 to 10 things when using a PnR and they have better vision than Bibby. Bibby is elite to the PnR as Joe is elite to being a NBA superstar.

• Premium Member

No they don't. Malone did but not by a wide margin. Bibby can't be elite because he can only do things out of the PnR. Pass to roller or spot up shoot. Guys like CP3 and Deron can do 8 to 10 things when using a PnR and they have better vision than Bibby. Bibby is elite to the PnR as Joe is elite to being a NBA superstar.

West and Boozer clearly have better post games than Horford. That's not hard, though, because Horford has no post game. He used to get his offense in transition and on cleanup duty, and he now gets it from mid-range jumpers. Boozer and West both have a couple decent post moves. Horford does not. Both have decent-to-good hook shots. Horford does not. Both can make inside shots using either hand. Horford cannot.

You're either 1) insane or 2) too young to actually remember Malone if you don't think that Malone's post game was vastly superior to Horford's, and was from the moment he stepped into the league. Malone had quite possibly the best low post fadeaway jumper in history, and coupled it with a great ability to get his defender in the air and draw contact. Hell, Malone could probably do better than Horford in the post for a 10 minute stretch today (just like Pete Sampras could probably take a set off anyone in tennis on a hard court right now).

I'm a fan of Al too, but to place him in same category as a low post threat as Boozer/West is a bit nutty, and to put him anywhere close to Malone is absolutely insane.

Edited by niremetal