• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove hides Horfords terrible post Defense!

willthepureshooter

• Premium Member

I know Horfy's the "Golden Child" on this board but enough is enough!! The kid doesn't control the paint at all, even against mediocre teams. Allstars make their presence known every game. Maybe Smoove was the one that really deserved to represent the Eastern Allstar.. IMO

If Josh keeps putting on weight, he'll be able to hide a whole lot of things.

Oh wait, this wasn't a joke thread? Nevermind.

• Like 2

If Josh keeps putting on weight, he'll be able to hide a whole lot of things.

Oh wait, this wasn't a joke thread? Nevermind.

LOL Nir :rolleyes: ...but he has a point. It's one thing to have a 6-9 1/2 center alongside a major shot blocker. It's another thing all together to have a 6-9 1/2 center alongside a regular bum.

I mean seriously? Yi going off on us? Yi?

I know Horfy's the "Golden Child" on this board but enough is enough!! The kid doesn't control the paint at all, even against mediocre teams. Allstars make their presence known every game. Maybe Smoove was the one that really deserved to represent the Eastern Allstar.. IMO

You are so right I love all these guys on the team (even though this year they have been so inconsistent) but yeah I DONT KNOW WHY AL KEEPS GETTING A PASS?? even by the local media. Its like after that Chicago game he lost something I hope he is hurt and not lettin on because it looks at times like Amare scared him. Anyway hawks this is getting crazy I know your spot is locked up but come on that was the wizards and the pacers Give me a break!!! Better yet Give me your paycheck and I WILL GO OUT THERE AND PLAY

OOOO OOOO OOOOOO, tell me if this sounds familiar

20 and 10! 20 and 10! Ya wanna complain about a guy who got 20 and 10 in not even 30 minutes without even tryin? 20 and 10?

Hov' not the reason we lost this game (pay extra attention to the deflection) maybe if (checks boxscore) if...if... Lateral Move had showed ups we woulda wonz! Ya just hating, haterz!

• Like 1

His current state is not overrated. I have been saying that trading Smith would hurt Horford on defense, he's plays small in the post and is more of a team defender than an individual defender. He hasn't been exposed, this is what he always was on defense. It's the reason why I've never said Horford was a better overall defender or as good as Horford.

Al Horford is soooo over rated...its obvious which of the two power forwards we should dump...people speak of Al Horford consistency but he has been consistently un productive the last 2 months of the season..he can't block shots and Pachulia could get us those meaningless boards he gets..we have a 13/8 center languishing on the bench for half the chips..Like Z Al Horford can't guard Howard either..SELL HIGH ON AL HORFORD..BUT WATCH THE FRONT OFFICE DUMP THE WRONG PIECE WHEN DISMANTLING THE CORE..HAWKS NEED A GM MORE THAN ANYTHING..FROM BABS TO KNIGHT THEY'VE ALL BEEN HORRIBLE..

Playing alongside Zaza Pachulia who, after a couple of good games, came back to his mediocrity, would make Mutombo look bad. Al's not great help defender but he's not that bad either. His defensive strength is one on one D (sans defending Dwight).

• Like 1

Hello,

I wrote this on another Thread, but I will say it again. If we Trade Smoove, we will go to being a 25-30 Win Team Overnight. When locked in, he is our best Player on the Floor. This is going to be a scary Off Season.

I just hope they fire Drew. bring in D'Antoni (if Fired), or Larry Brown. I know LB is not a popular choice when I mentioned him prior, but he would probably come at an ASG friendly price and has won a Championship and took a Philly Team with practically 1 Player to the Finals. And given his age, it is not like he would be here that long anyway as those who have mentioned he wears out his welcome.

Cheers,

JJ

It would be a mistake to trade JJ because he still has the lateral quickness to guard opposing 2 guards..but his rare size at the position allows him to be effective now and in the future.it will prolly be 10 years before we see another 2 wit the physical make up of JJ..

Trading Horford is dumb since he's really the only one that can become a superstar unless it's for Dwight Howard. Trading Smith, we need a superstar in return as a lateral move just won't help us, Chris Paul is likely the only option as we can meet New Orleans demands from last year. Steve Nash could be an option if it's for our 2012 1st and Kurt Hinrich. Those three players are major upgrades. But we can't trade any of our main three unless Dwight or CP3 is in the package. Jamal must be resigned. We just don't have any talent on the bench outside of him and potentially Teague.

Please forgive the thread maker, he has a strong connection to Josh hence the name "pureshooter".

Thanks.

Well, its speaks much volume for a guy to so quickly come to the defense of grown man. Lol. Sounds like you're hanging from Horfords grapevine. I'm sure he has plenty female groupies that will wash his jock strap. Just saying.. Your photo says a lot! Lmao!

Trading Horford is dumb since he's really the only one that can become a superstar unless it's for Dwight Howard. Trading Smith, we need a superstar in return as a lateral move just won't help us, Chris Paul is likely the only option as we can meet New Orleans demands from last year. Steve Nash could be an option if it's for our 2012 1st and Kurt Hinrich. Those three players are major upgrades. But we can't trade any of our main three unless Dwight or CP3 is in the package. Jamal must be resigned. We just don't have any talent on the bench outside of him and potentially Teague.

Horford? Superstar? I dont see it. Is he a good player? Yes. But superstar? Nada. Hell, Josh coulda been a superstar 2 or 3 years ago, if he'd stop doin dumb shizz, and focus on what he does best. And his faults are easily corrected. Most superstar potential on this team by far imo. Quit hiring these 2 $ coaches and get a respectable name in here to begin with. Not a Horford hater or a Smith lover. Just sayin.
  • Like 1