• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Props to the Hawks.

Diesel

Right on D. And to say a little more about Drew, he has got to stop playing Jamal so much. I loved the guy last year but he simply plays no D and if his O isn't carrying us he is simply useless. He played way too much.

Right on D. And to say a little more about Drew, he has got to stop playing Jamal so much. I loved the guy last year but he simply plays no D and if his O isn't carrying us he is simply useless. He played way too much.

He's the only one who could put the ball in the basket tonight so he had to play.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Props to the Hawks for almost winning what looked to be an unwinnable game. The officiating was beyond awful, but they should have known that going in. 1-1 aint bad though. Here's hoping the Phillips crowd is pumped on Friday and is as raucous as ever. The Hawks could use some home cooking.

• Premium Member

Props to the Hawks for almost winning what looked to be an unwinnable game. The officiating was beyond awful, but they should have known that going in. 1-1 aint bad though. Here's hoping the Phillips crowd is pumped on Friday and is as raucous as ever. The Hawks could use some home cooking.

The thing i liked was that there was less complaining about calls. I know complaining was warranted but our guys just went out there and tried to score the ball instead of standing around saying "he hit me".

He's the only one who could put the ball in the basket tonight so he had to play.

I disagree. This is partially blasphemous for me, but Teague should have been given a shot or Kirk given more burn. I couldn't care less whether Jamal was the only one who could put the ball in the basket, 1)he wasn't scoring at a high clip and 2)his defense was beyond awful. His defense was just so so bad, it wasn't necessarily his man scoring but he would lose position, others would scramble and free up an open man because Jamal is slow on rotations. Dude has ADHD on defense, and it wasn't like he made our offense better.

• Premium Member

The thing i liked was that there was less complaining about calls. I know complaining was warranted but our guys just went out there and tried to score the ball instead of standing around saying "he hit me".

True, they just kept plugging away. That is a complete 180 from how they played during the regular season. Hopefully , the raucous Phillips crowd will stay on the refs from start to finish in Games 3 and 4. That's prrobably the only thing that will keep the game fair at this point. I have to be honest here, the Hawks look like the better TEAM out there despite Orl having the best player. We should win this series in 6.

Props to the Hawks for continuing to fight and claw their way into the game when the refs, the fans, and the NBATV Network with David Stern had set their face against them.

The only thing...

1. Drew, you can't sit Horf for that long.

2. Drew, you have to play Teague and/or Damien a little more.

3. Team, you have to move the damn ball.

Otherwise, Props. Last years team would have given up.

1-Horf sitting killed our mo in the first half.

2-Don't know about Teague or Damien, would not mind putting them in to see what they could do but on a short short leash for both. Marvin has played like crap but he is a big body at SF and with our rebounding woes I understand why Drew is reluctant to keep him on the bench as a 3rd team player.

3-The ball did go stagnant with their dbl teams. Have to do a better and quicker job of kicking back out to Hinrich or Smoove and resetting our offense.

We did not lose this game big and you better believe the Magic wanted to win it big.

I disagree. This is partially blasphemous for me, but Teague should have been given a shot or Kirk given more burn. I couldn't care less whether Jamal was the only one who could put the ball in the basket, 1)he wasn't scoring at a high clip and 2)his defense was beyond awful. His defense was just so so bad, it wasn't necessarily his man scoring but he would lose position, others would scramble and free up an open man because Jamal is slow on rotations. Dude has ADHD on defense, and it wasn't like he made our offense better.

Normally I'd rather have a quality defender in there as opposed to Jamal but I disagree as Jamal was VASTLY superior to anyone we had out there on offense last night. I mean think about it, if you take away Jamal's points we would have scored 57 last night! Jamal also shot close to 50% and had almost twice as many FT attempts as anyone on our team. And Jamal's defense was beyond awful last night? The Magic guards combined to shoot 9-37 so if his defense was that bad don't you think they would have shot better? I could see your argument in game 1 when he was getting abused but he was pretty decent last night. And on top of that Jamal scored 25 and ALL 5 of the Magic guards that played last night scored 29 so I'd say that he more than held his own. I could see your argument about his rotations hurting the defense but the Magic weren't scoring off of poor defense or wide open shots they were scoring because of feeding Dwight the ball in the post and him getting a ridiculous amount of FT attempts and actually hitting them.

Like I said though normally I'd agree with you on this one but not last night.

Edit - let me add to the above that another huge reason why we lost was because of all the damn offensive rebounds and put backs that they got. They had 20 offensive rebounds and we only had 26 defensive rebounds and you'll almost never win a game like that.