• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rockets after Woody

Bawse

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Rockets-after-Woodson-and-Brown?urn=nba-346785

Rockets after Woodson and Brown

By Mark J. Miller

The Houston Rockets are wasting no time in finding a new head coach to replace the recently departed Rick Adelman.

FOXSports has it that the Rockets have already contacted former Atlanta Hawks coach Mike Woodson to let him know they'd like to talk to him. Woodson coached the Hawks for six seasons, compiling a record of 206-286. He left the team in 2010.

Meanwhile, ESPN reports that the Rockets are in "hot pursuit" of former Cleveland Cavaliers coach Mike Brown, who compiled a record of 272-138 over five seasons there. The site notes, though, that the Detroit Pistons and Indiana Pacers "will also be in play" for his services.

Might not belong in this section, but since he's an ex ATL coach I figured i'd give it a shot. All I can say is.... wow. Why you you let Adelman go, to try and hire someone like Mike Woodson. I'm laughing.

EDIT

Move the thread please, just saw the pinned topic.

Edited by Boss

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Rockets-after-Woodson-and-Brown?urn=nba-346785

Might not belong in this section, but since he's an ex ATL coach I figured i'd give it a shot. All I can say is.... wow. Why you you let Adelman go, to try and hire someone like Mike Woodson. I'm laughing.

EDIT

Move the thread please, just saw the pinned topic.

I heard that Adelman had a bad relationship with either the gm or the owner. But Woody, other than those playoff catastrophe's, gets the most out of his players. He is a defensive minded coach, give him a good offensive assistant and the rockets team can play as well as they did with Adelman.

• Premium Member

I heard that Adelman had a bad relationship with either the gm or the owner. But Woody, other than those playoff catastrophe's, gets the most out of his players. He is a defensive minded coach, give him a good offensive assistant and the rockets team can play as well as they did with Adelman.

I hope Woody proves all the naysayers wrong by winning ANOTHER NBA title.

Edited by NineOhTheRino

• Moderators

Moving from Adelman to Woody is not going to look good for the Rockets next year. Adelman is a plus coach. I'd love to see him in Atlanta.

Given that they are going after Woody and Woody v. 2.0 (Brown), it looks like the Rockets have a pretty specific skillset in mind.

• Moderators

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/7542464.html

When Mike Woodson, who interviewed for the Rockets' vacant head coaching position on Thursday, led the Atlanta Hawks to improved records for five consecutive seasons, he started the run after a 13-win season. With the Rockets, he would be taking over a team that won 43 games. The plan, however, has not changed.

"You'd like to think we could do that again," Woodson said. "I would not be coming in to do any different. You just work and keep working to get better."

Woodson, who played three seasons with the Rockets late in his 11-year NBA career and kept his home in Katy, had a 206-286 record in six seasons with the Hawks before sitting out last season.

"You would like to think that would have some value to it," Woodson said of his head coaching experience. "I'm sure all the other guys have their qualities as well. The fact that I was able to take a team from scratch and build it speaks volumes. It was a good six-year run for me. Hopefully I'll have another opportunity.

"I thought it went well. It was a long interview, which I expected. They gave me an opportunity to know the general manager, Daryl Morey, and his staff and for them to get to know me. I thought it was very productive."

~lw3