JJ Redick

LucastheThird

In both Games 1 & 2 I've found myself foolishly yelling at LD through my tv screen to call a play to attack Redick when he enters the game. I mean they usually have him guarding either JJ, Marvin, or Crawford and for some unknown reason to me we don't go after that match-up. And as many of you here should know, match-ups rule post-season basketball. Take a look at this:

Joe Johnson: 6'8-240

Marvin Williams: 6'9-245

JJ Redick: 6'4-190

And we all know Crawford can dance circles around Redick in an iso.

So why not make Orlando pay for putting a defensive liability on the court? Drew and his staff have to see and take advantage of these match-ups.

• Like 1

Because Dwight will be waiting around that basket to alternate their shots. They've done it a few times, and most of the time, they float the ball too high where Dwight can't get it, which usually turns into an easy rebound for Dwight or a turnover.

Edited by AHawks89

In that case if D12 is there under the rim, then our players need to take the ball into his chest and go to the ft line

Because we have jumpshooters not slashers. JJ 3 fta per game, Ja Crawford 3.5 fta per game. Not exactly elite level stats there from the stripe. Not in their nature.

• Premium Member

In that case if D12 is there under the rim, then our players need to take the ball into his chest and go to the ft line

I don't know if you've noticed, but with the way refs call games with D12, that is far more likely to result in an offensive foul than in free throws.

• Like 2

I don't know if you've noticed, but with the way refs call games with D12, that is far more likely to result in an offensive foul than in free throws.

I dont know if you've noticed but JJ doesn't draw fouls to get to the line very often. Stop complaining about a superstar getting superstar calls, it happens with every elite player not just dwight. If Johnson would drive to the basket he would get whistles and everyone would be okay with it. Dont be a hypocrite. He iso's, creates space, then pulls up for the jumper. thats his game, not driving into the teeth of the defense. Stop making excuses for them. Didnt Howard have 5 fouls last game?

I dont know if you've noticed but JJ doesn't draw fouls to get to the line very often. Stop complaining about a superstar getting superstar calls, it happens with every elite player not just dwight. If Johnson would drive to the basket he would get whistles and everyone would be okay with it. Dont be a hypocrite. He iso's, creates space, then pulls up for the jumper. thats his game, not driving into the teeth of the defense. Stop making excuses for them. Didnt Howard have 5 fouls last game?

Nobody around here calls Joe by his last name, you must be a magic fan... :threaten:

• Premium Member

Go back to the Orlando forums, troll.

It's not even that Dwight is waiting in the paint it's because he rotates all the way out to whoever is trying to post JJ because whatever C LD has in is not going to do anything. JJ and Marv tried a billion times but had to quickly pass out because Dwight put a hard trap on them.

• Like 1

It's not even that Dwight is waiting in the paint it's because he rotates all the way out to whoever is trying to post JJ because whatever C LD has in is not going to do anything. JJ and Marv tried a billion times but had to quickly pass out because Dwight put a hard trap on them.

You're right, just trying to voice some of my frustrations with the team. You're not a fan unless you're frustrated right?

• Like 1