• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

i WAS SCREAMING NO when Jamal took that shot

capstone21

• Premium Member

Once again, Props to LD for Benching Smoove's *ss.

It's a damn shame that it has taken 7years to figure out that instead of fussing, just bench him. It is the only way to get to him. John Wooden would have Smoove on the bench so much, he'd thought he grew there.

• Admin

I am so glad it went in but it was an absolutely terrible shot. Crawford dribbled the clock down to nothing without remotely willing to pass it to anyone and then jacked up a bad shot with a man in his face. It was clutch though.

I am so glad it went in but it was an absolutely terrible shot. Crawford dribbled the clock down to nothing without remotely willing to pass it to anyone and then jacked up a bad shot with a man in his face. It was clutch though.

actually it was a pick and roll between him and Joe and they didnt switch and then our 6'5 guard shot over there 5'9 guard . Only people who say it was a bad shot are people who cant play . The fact of the matter is I would rather have not put it in the hands of the refs its a surefire way to get screwed in todays nba unless you are a superstar.

ap-201104222318839136660.jpg

• Admin

Only people who say it was a bad shot are people who cant play .

What a dumb remark.

Watch it again...he just dribbled and jacked up a three pointer. I am glad it went in but it was not an appropriate shot for the situation.

What a dumb remark.

Watch it again...he just dribbled and jacked up a three pointer. I am glad it went in but it was not an appropriate shot for the situation.

actually as I said he found a smaller defender on him so he knew he could get his shot over him whenever he wanted . He sized him up got to what he called his sweet spot and rose and shot I think the replay clearly shows that it wasnt a desperation type of throw it was a shot .

The play was a pick and roll with jamal and joe if jameer switches then the ball goes to Joe with jameer on him and he takes him in the post. Weve ran that play quite a few times including a couple of times earlier that game

Anyone whose played basketball and can shoot the rock knows that the corners and that spot where jamal shot from are the easies shots in the game for a shooter. You put someone 6+ inches shorter on him and he would make very high percentage of that same shot .

As i said when you take into account this guy is one of the best three point shooters in league history . The best at making them while getting fouled and he even has 10+ game winners so hes done it under pressure before .

I'm gonna agree with Crank on this one. He's long enough to get his shot off on Jameer and the dribbling and jacking is just what he does, not like thats out the norm for him

actually it was a pick and roll between him and Joe and they didnt switch and then our 6'5 guard shot over there 5'9 guard . Only people who say it was a bad shot are people who cant play . The fact of the matter is I would rather have not put it in the hands of the refs its a surefire way to get screwed in todays nba unless you are a superstar.

Jamal said as much that they tried to run a pick with Joe but the defender stuck with Joe so you are right about that. And yes Jamal had a tremendous size advantage and he's a very clutch 3pt shooter but under no circumstances is a 28' contested 3pt considered a "good" shot. I'd rather have him take that shot than anyone else taking that shot but I'd still greatly prefer for either he or JJ to drive the ball and get a lot closer.

Jamal said as much that they tried to run a pick with Joe but the defender stuck with Joe so you are right about that. And yes Jamal had a tremendous size advantage and he's a very clutch 3pt shooter but under no circumstances is a 28' contested 3pt considered a "good" shot. I'd rather have him take that shot than anyone else taking that shot but I'd still greatly prefer for either he or JJ to drive the ball and get a lot closer.

Id rather that we try not to put the refs in a situation where they have to choose between the defensive player of the year or giving Joe or jamal a foul call . I have way more confidence in jamals ability to make tough shots then I do for us to get a foul call against Howard and co in that situation

• Premium Member

There wasn't much time on the clock and it was clear that the play had fallen apart. With the lead and the clock winding down, the smart thing to do is drive the basketball or post up. Try to take time off the clock and get a shot under the basket. If it were just Jamal trying to get a shot over Jameer, I'd say it was a "iffy" shot. Not bad, but iffy.

The fact of the matter is though, we've seen enough of Jamal to know what he's capable of. How many times has he hit those shots? And the thing is, he hits those shots on MUCH bigger defenders than Jameer. It wasn't the best shot for the situation, but I had no fear when it put it up. He hits those shots, the play had already broken down, AND we had the lead.

I'll never cringe when the game is on the line and Jamal or Joe is taking a shot. What's sad is, I'm far more comfortable with Jamal these days. Joe has been anything but dependable or clutch this season.