Damien Wilkins can be very affective guarding Rose.

willthepureshooter

If Kirk Hinrich's injury is serious I think Damien Wilkins should be given the assignment to guard D Rose. Damien has a physical frame at 6'6 225lbs and very active hands that could frustrate D Rose and give him a lot of problems. He can also attack Rose from the post on offense that could open up foul opportunities.

Its about that time for Larry Drew to play Teague. We need to play at a fast pace against Chicago.

We are going to have a different game plan for the Bulls series. I will be surprised if Collins sees any PT in this one

I think he'll see a bit - but you are right - different matchups. I would start Zaza.

..Its about that time for Larry Drew to play Teague. We need to play at a fast pace against Chicago.

Who is this Teague of which you speak? :stirthepot:

Of course, let's all hope Kirk is ready to go on Sunday - one the biggest things I was looking forward to with Chicago [without trying to jinx game 6...] was to see Kirk match up on Rose.

Kirk's really been playing well into our system and looks progressively more comfortable each game.

But in case Kirk is not 100% by Sunday, I think Joe get's the call on Rose on D.

Given the Bulls lack of offensive presence at the 2 spot, we can afford to have whoever else is in the backcourt on their SG. Hopefully Jamal can at least contest a 3 on D.... that's all they can do at the 2 spot.

I think we'd all love to see Teague get some more minutes in a positive manner, but I don't think LD has the faith to play him any more than 2-5mpg, even if we need a quicker guy on Rose.

Damien is an interesting thought on Rose - but again, probably not enough faith.

Though not to rap on LD too hard - I thought he did a great job switching up the lineup each time we got stagnant tonight. Granted, we never want to get to that point, but he made good calls given the situations we dug ourselves into.

• Premium Member

I actually was thinking that Damien should be on the floor 20-25 minutes a game in this series as well. Didn't he play some de facto PG during his time in Seattle (kinda like how JJ was the de facto backup PG in Phoenix)? Or am I making that up?

But seriously - pray, pray, pray that it turns out Hinrich's injury just requires a few days rest to recover. At least it sounds like it's his hammy and not his knee, which is a good sign. Per Arthur Triche:

Kirk Hinrich has a strained hamstring according to trainers and he will have an MRI on Friday.

I actually was thinking that Damien should be on the floor 20-25 minutes a game in this series as well. Didn't he play some de facto PG during his time in Seattle (kinda like how JJ was the de facto backup PG in Phoenix)? Or am I making that up?

But seriously - pray, pray, pray that it turns out Hinrich's injury just requires a few days rest to recover. At least it sounds like it's his hammy and not his knee, which is a good sign. Per Arthur Triche:

Exactly! I think Damien could take a lot of pressure off Joe on defense and also give us more size on offense. Just a thought tho.

But in case Kirk is not 100% by Sunday, I think Joe get's the call on Rose on D.

Given the Bulls lack of offensive presence at the 2 spot, we can afford to have whoever else is in the backcourt on their SG. Hopefully Jamal can at least contest a 3 on D.... that's all they can do at the 2 spot.

I don't think thats a good idea unless you plan on trapping Rose every possession. Joe can't stay in front of Rose.

On the flip side - we don't have anyone that can really D-up Joe. Bogans and Brewer are net negatives because of how limited they are offensively, and Korver tries hard but sucks.