Rose

If Kirk is only gonna miss game one this is the lineup I propose

Zaza

Al

Smoove

JJ

Crawford

that makes us HUGE

We use that size to trap Rose using both guards and force Bogans to beat us from the outside

On offense whoever Rose takes we use our size to run him off a constant barrage of screens

Now of course of the Bulls will try and counter with Korver for Bogans but when they do that JJ offensively runs right into the post as he will have either Rose or or Korver on him

On defense when Korver comes in the key is to trap him as well why ? because you want the likes of Noah having to make plays with the ball offensively .

Now the Bulls after the success they had with Kurt Thomas on Al will go to that again I am betting they do and we should be ready for it by putting Kurt Thomas in a ton of screen and roll situation where Al doesnt just shoot the jumper but rolls to the basket .

Indiana was able to wear down Rose by putting the 6'8 George on him and the 6'6 Dahntay Jones on him but they never could put the offensive pressure on him on the other end to make the Bulls change what they do .

Thibs is a great strategists but hes the same guy who came up with the Celts defensive strategy and we know how to beat that strategy.

He is probably telling them right now strategy based on what he saw against the pacers and the regular season and we need to throw a wrench into that .

The Bulls are limited in what they can do because its basically the Rose shows but our versatility allows us to do so much more .

I think you go with:

Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smith

Horford

The big lineup got abused by Nelson. Rose is even quicker than Nelson. We saw what happens last night when Crawford has to guard a quick guard- burnt toast. So, I don't think the big should be the primary option v. the Bulls.

Use Teague like we used Collins in the last series. We don't have to get a lot of offense, just solid defense.

I think you go with:

Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smith

Horford

The big lineup got abused by Nelson. Rose is even quicker than Nelson. We saw what happens last night when Crawford has to guard a quick guard- burnt toast. So, I don't think the big should be the primary option v. the Bulls.

Use Teague like we used Collins in the last series. We don't have to get a lot of offense, just solid defense.

I agree. It's a good thing LD has given Teague plenty of Playoff game experience so he'll be ready for the 2nd round....oh wait......

• Like 1

I think you go with:

Teague

JJ

Marvin

Smith

Horford....

No no no Fros...if Kirk is out - start your best five players...Craw, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, AL Horford...try to out gun em early.

Then bring in JTea and Zaza and Damien to hold on till halftime...then do it again Nail%20Biting.gif plug in Twin for a few minutes too.

If Damien gets hot - keep him in.

Edited by DJlaysitup

• Admin

not having Crawford start is the key. He brings in a spark when the starters are getting tired. He is a catalyst. He will still get his 30 minutes but having him come off the bench to go against the opposing teams bench is an advantage for us. Otherwise we lose that.

I Kirk can't go then you go with JT. He does not have to play extended minutes but he should get about 15 - 20. If Kirk is able to go then it is all moot anyway.

Craw will never start for us. No matter what the situation is. Drew would start Teague or Wilkins before Craw for the sheer sake of having him be our 6th man. I don't understand why but it's the truth.

Nope - LD will do what is necessary to win...he has so far...why would he change.

LD is not Ignorant Woody

when Bibby went down this year he started Teague. Craw was still the better player but Teague got the nod,even against the mighty Celtics on the road mind you. When JJ went down we saw 6'9 Marv start at the 2 instead. It's in his strategy to keep Craw as 6th man.

LD is no fool.

He knows he has to put his best talent out there and hope for a win...maximize your best players' time on the court. It's been obvious that we are cooking best with both JJ and Craw in at the same time

Rose will have a field day. We gotta find a way to shut down Rose.

No no no Fros...if Kirk is out - start your best five players...Craw, JJ, Marvin, Smoove, AL Horford...try to out gun em early.

Then bring in JTea and Zaza and Damien to hold on till halftime...then do it again Nail%20Biting.gif plug in Twin for a few minutes too.

If Damien gets hot - keep him in.

Crawford is an good, but very streaky scorer who has to dominate the ball. Crawford can't play of lick of defense.

Teague can play at least 1:1 defense on Rose to at least make him uncomfortable.

Thus, "best player" in this case is subjective. Cawford is a far superior offensive player than Teague, but Teague is the superior defensive player. We can get offense from Horford in this series to make up for what you loose with Crawford not starting.

Playoff basketball is a chess match. You exploit your advantages and undermine your enemy's advantages.

Crawford on Rose is going to be an epic fail.

• Like 1

Craw knows his role off the bench, that will not change. LD will continue to play Jamal and Zaza as the 1st two off the bench. If you start Jamal, there is no one else to score off the bench and it will disrupt the whole bench.

Crawford is an good, but very streaky scorer who has to dominate the ball. Crawford can't play of lick of defense.

Teague can play at least 1:1 defense on Rose to at least make him uncomfortable.

Thus, "best player" in this case is subjective. Cawford is a far superior offensive player than Teague, but Teague is the superior defensive player. We can get offense from Horford in this series to make up for what you loose with Crawford not starting.

Playoff basketball is a chess match. You exploit your advantages and undermine your enemy's advantages.

Crawford on Rose is going to be an epic fail.

well then we already have lost because without Craw we are not gonna win this series .

Some of you need to to come to grips that Rose is gonna get his regardless but basically allowing him to rest on defense while abusing Teague on offense simply plays into there hands .

Why do you think Horford can make up Hinrichs 11+ points when hes scoring only 11 points per game on 37% shooting ?

Crawford at PG is one of our advantages if you think we can suddenly abandon it and still win your kidding yourself.

Starting teague would be a sign of desperation if you wouldnt play him against the Magic why would you suddenly throw him out there against the league MVP.

I agree. It's a good thing LD has given Teague plenty of Playoff game experience so he'll be ready for the 2nd round....oh wait......

Heh. That made me chuckle. :)

Oh well, throw the kid into the fire and see how he does. It's not like we've got a whole lot of alternatives, and Teague has at least got the quicks to offer some kind of hope of slowing down DRose. All I'm asking Larry Drew is that please, please, please for the love of god do not allow Jamal more than 10-12 minutes per game at PG, because he will get torched by Rose, and that much is guaranteed.

well then we already have lost because without Craw we are not gonna win this series .

Some of you need to to come to grips that Rose is gonna get his regardless but basically allowing him to rest on defense while abusing Teague on offense simply plays into there hands .

Why do you think Horford can make up Hinrichs 11+ points when hes scoring only 11 points per game on 37% shooting ?

Crawford at PG is one of our advantages if you think we can suddenly abandon it and still win your kidding yourself.

Starting teague would be a sign of desperation if you wouldnt play him against the Magic why would you suddenly throw him out there against the league MVP.

Yes, Rose will get his just like Howard got his. The key is you have to make him work for it. Crawford on Rose offers no resistance. Teague can stay in front of him and hound him up and down the court. Starting Teague is just like starting Collins. Use your bench to create problems for the oppositions best player.

I'm not saying Craw shouldn't play; instead, he should play his usual role. Crawford offered NO resistance to Orlando on D.

In terms of Horford: He he owns Noah. Horf can average close to 18 in this series. So not completely making up the points, but he'll open up shots for the wings.

Start Teague and initially play him like you would Royal Ivey. 6 - 7 minutes in the 1st and 3rd quarters.

If he makes an impact, you give him bonus minutes during the 2nd and possibly the 4th quarters.

This is Teague's chance to prove his worth. If LD doesn't play him now, it's either because he hates the kid, or has no confidence whatsoever in his ability to even contribute. I've thought all year that there was something extra going on with Drew and Teague. Now Drew seemingly HAS to play Teague. So you play Teague with the safest group you could put around him . . the group of JJ - Marvin - Smith - and Horford.