• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

85 minutes, 1 turnover : Teague should have played entire game

hawks21

Jeff Teague played solid in a hostile environment--on the road in Chicago--against Derrick Rose. So at this point, Larry Drew should NOT take him out of the game UNLESS HE IS IN FOUL TROUBLE OR HURT...

GAMES 1 and 2: 85 minutes, 1 turnover... 12 for 25 FGs , 6 of 7 FTs and 4 steals..

Teague's defensive presence, speed and athleticism, have to be on the floor at ALL TIMES. The Hawks became more out-of-sync and never really recovered totally when Drew took Teague out in the middle of the first quarter and then finally put him back in the middle of the second quarter.

Game 1 Teague played 45 minutes and in Game 2, he played 40 minutes... I hope Coach Drew isn't going in reverse in regard to Teague's minutes..

'

Despite young Jeffrey having very fresh legs from a light season I don't see it as any indictment on the coach for not playing him the full 48 minutes in a game especially when his defensive assignment is not playing 48 minutes himself. I see no reason to gas him out and waste him in minutes that Rose is resting on the bench and find this thread to be just a useless nitpick especially when you consider that Teague was only taken out in the first so as to not pick up a 2nd foul and sat out the beginning of the second because Rose sat as well. He came back into the game a minute before Rose did even and played the entirety, I repeat, played the entirety of the rest of the game from that point on.

• Moderators

I've been a big Teague supporter but I'm still surprised how good he's been. Of course, regarding the turnovers I liked Fratello's comment that Teague knows how to bring the ball down and pass it to Joe (and let him turn it over). Having Teague on Korver worked in game one but I thought it was't so good in the 4th last night. Jamal let Rose have to many easy looks. Its one thing to give him a 3 but he gave him 18 footers.

I tell you I'm not worried. We lost because we couldn't score. That's something we know how to fix. If there was a lack of effort on D or we were just couldn't match their talent I'd be scared, but that's not the case. We were just not moving the ball on offense. I expect things to be different at home.

42.5 mpg is not enough for you ?

This board never ceases to amaze me after losses.

you didn't hear the commentators saying he (Teague) should have played the whole game? i'm positive i heard Fratello say this at least twice, so it's not only this board...

The announcers are idiots (outside of Hubie Brown, maybe). What announcers say should never be used to support an argument. I like Fratello and he was a solid coach, but that doesn't mean anything today. There is no way that a player should be played for 48 minutes.

The truth is that we should have been going to Teague for baskets at the end when we were only down by 6 with the ball. Instead, we dumped in Joe's hands and let him dribble out the clock and throw up a contested shot. Deng is a solid defender and Chicago is throwing double teams at Joe. We needed to run him off screens more instead of going ISO or let Teague attack the rim.

With that being said, we need to play Teague 40-45 minutes a game depending on fouls and such. He is young and has very low mileage. He should be able to keep up at that pace pretty easily. Once Kirk is back, we can hopefully get Teague down to around 35 and Hinrich around 30 (playing some SG). If Teague keeps playing at this rate and improving (if he ever gets a foul called) then we will probably need to reconsider our team's minutes given that we will have 4 producers between the PG/SG position. We might even be able to move JJ to play more SF (which I think would work out pretty well).

Teague needs to be in whenever Rose is in, not because of his defense because He works rose on the offensive end, especially with rose on his bum ankle. Jamal doesn't make rose work, he just shoots up jumpers, Teague attacks the lane and forces Rose to use his lateral quickness

Teague needs to be in whenever Rose is in, not because of his defense because He works rose on the offensive end, especially with rose on his bum ankle. Jamal doesn't make rose work, he just shoots up jumpers, Teague attacks the lane and forces Rose to use his lateral quickness

You hit it right on the head. That is an excellent point. We definitely need to force Rose to exert energy on the defensive end.