So.....Jeff Teague?

Supporter

Can he be our PG  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think the only constant positive from these last two game was our Point Guard but.......iss he our point guard for the future? If anything, he is the quickest guy on our team, the ONLY guard that goes inside and gets to the free throw line. Can we rely on this type of production for the future or is this just some kind of fluke? We saw some wet jumpers, some acrobatic layups, some nice passes.....why can't this guy be as good as other PG's in this league. He has all the tools to be a gifted and dynamic player in this league and honestly, I only see him and Horford as the cornerstones of our future.

• Premium Member

It's too soon to say who he is or what he's going to be. I'm sure some people will analyze every part of his game and say he's the truth. Others, will pick apart his flaws and say "AHA!!!" when he has an off night and sits for 4 games. I'm going to say it again though...we need to shut the hell up about Teague. As far as the bashing goes anyway. You can't bash a guy when he has been nailed to the bench for the entirety of his whopping TWO years in the league.

And it's more than just minutes. You have to give a guy freedom and responsibility to see what he can really do. Bringing him off the bench for 15 minutes a game, while using Crawford to bring the ball up - while Smoove and anyone else launches whatever shot they want - that's not going to show us anything.

BUT...from day one you could see how quick he was. From day one, you could see how easy it was for him to get to the rim. From day one, you could see that he has tools defensively. If you have a player like that, you don't give up on him and just throw him in on a trade. And I'll say that again...if we make any future deals, we need to NOT just throw him in there.

At a minimum, Teague is a quality backup PG. The guy can handle the ball, penetrate, and play solid defense. If he continues to play like this, or just close to this level, he's our PG of the future no question.

• Like 1

Seems like more than any other player, Jeff lacks confidence. Most times he's been afraid if he makes a mistake he'll be taken out of the game. so he doesn't do much. In the times he had the chance, and knew he was the guy who was going to play he put in a good game. if he finishes out this season with a good run in the playoffs, I'd look for good things from him next year, whether he's a starter or not. My guess is he can be an NBA caliber starter, but probably never an all star at pg.

Jeffrey may be a decent player now but he is a terrible terrible person! Larry Drew should bench him beforehand out of respect for the integrity of the game rather than support such a dirty player! Plays like this don't even belong in the bushiest of bush leagues! He should be sent home and fined by Sund before Stern even gets a chance to levy a suspension!

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1110714

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1110689

Edited by CrawfulToCrawesome
  • Like 2

Give me a break, he goes to close out a shooter and clips him. So this automatically makes him a bad person and hurts the integrity of the game?

A foul was called and that's that, end of story. I see no evidence to suggest Teague was purposefully trying to hurt Rose.

Jeffrey may be a decent player now but he is a terrible terrible person! Larry Drew should bench him beforehand out of respect for the integrity of the game rather than support such a dirty player! Plays like this don't even belong in the bushiest of bush leagues! He should be sent home and fined by Sund before Stern even gets a chance to levy a suspension!

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1110714

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1110689

Oh my...........these bulls fans are ridiculous. If Rose wants to show off in front of his home boys then he deserves a hand in his hands, and that's all Jeff did. Seriously, DERRICK ROSE WANTED TO SHOOT THE BALL, his stupid *ss shouldn't have even thought about shooting.

• Like 2

Sorry for derailing your thread but I felt it just fit here rather than starting a new one. I Guess the fact that our bench scrub is almost equaling the output of the MVP can't be possible without him playing dirty. I fully expect Wilbon to lead PTI with this "story" later though.

I fricken hate Bulls fans, Derrick Rose played like s***! the whole game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The nerve of them to call out Teague for playing DEFENSE. Damn I want Teague to freakin eliminate the bulls by HIMSELF, I am so damn pissed right now. They have no right calling out Teague for that play, when Derrick Rose should've just let the clock wind down. And to say that Teague has bad intentions, TEAGUE HAS NEVER PLAYED DIRTY BEFORE. Seeing some of those realgm comments literally made me want to punch something, their damn Golden Teddy Bear Derrick Rose, I swear.

Edited by Supporter
  • Like 1