• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can we blow so many fast breaks and easy baskets in one game?

CBAreject

Did I not see Smoove miss at least 3 easy lay-ins/dunks? He's the best leaper on the team. He has no excuse for missing within 2 feet of the basket. And when Marvin Williams had that breakaway against Deng, I immediately thought "Uh-oh, this isn't going to end well". Not only did MW fail to make his feeble layup attempt, he fouled Deng on the rebound, so an easy basket got turned into a foul the other way. How can all these long, athletic players be so poor at driving to the hoop? That's their strength!

Also, after watching MW on that pathetic break, I said to myself, "How did we spend all those draft picks on SF's only to now have our most glaring hole at that position?"

Well Marvin is just plain damn clumsy. There is just no other way to get around that fact. I didn't watch much of him during his one season at North Carolina, but I thought all the scouts were raving about how super athletic a player he was, and that was what added to him being such a great NBA prospect in their minds.

But man, I don't understand those reviews, because Marvin looks about as unathletic an NBA small forward as can be. I mean he is klutzy as hell, he's gawky, he's clumsy, he'll dribble the ball of f his foot or leg or sometimes just lose the ball for no reason at all, he's stumbling and bumbling around out there like a clown sometimes, I mean WTF? What did those scouts see in that guy???????

Well Marvin is just plain damn clumsy. There is just no other way to get around that fact. I didn't watch much of him during his one season at North Carolina, but I thought all the scouts were raving about how super athletic a player he was, and that was what added to him being such a great NBA prospect in their minds.

But man, I don't understand those reviews, because Marvin looks about as unathletic an NBA small forward as can be. I mean he is klutzy as hell, he's gawky, he's clumsy, he'll dribble the ball of f his foot or leg or sometimes just lose the ball for no reason at all, he's stumbling and bumbling around out there like a clown sometimes, I mean WTF? What did those scouts see in that guy???????

I wonder the same thing. I saw Marvin play just a few minutes as a sub because I was at Duke that year. He never stood out, but as I remember, he had a nice putback once on a missed FT. There was nothing eye-popping, but I'm just a casual college bb fan. It's hard to imagine, though, how anyone could watch Marvin play and think he's extremely athletic. He is long, and he's a loping runner, but when it comes to coordination, he's well below-avg for an NBA wing. It looks like his feet are too big for his body.

I have no idea what they saw in Marvin, but whatever it is, all those scouts (and that included virtually everyone) should be taken out and publicly flogged for their foolishness. :beathorse:***this is supposed to represent a flogging, rather than a beating of a dead horse***

I've said it once and I'll say it again...watching try to move on the court is like watching a baby giraffe tryna stand up for the first time ON ICE!!!! It's just not a pretty site. I think Manute Bol could do a better job on a break away than Marv can...its sad really :kickcan:

• Premium Member

It's not clumsy. He can't hit a layup. Deng knew Marvin would miss. Deng came to a complete stop and waited for the rebound.

I'll laugh in all your faces when marvin williams has a good game 3.

Why? Do you think everyone has it out for Marvin? Nobody wants Marvin to fail. This ain't personal, mate. I would be elated if Marvin put up 30/10/10 in game 3. Do you really think we'll all be scowling and cursing in such a case, while you belly laugh, pointing at us? Look, Marvin does a few things well. He defends reasonably well, he has a good mid-range jumper...usually, he shoots FT's well, and when he catches the ball cutting to the basket, he has the ability to get fouled. He's not a worthless player, but he's awfully bad at doing the things that quality NBA players do. He can't get his own shot, get others involved, or handle the ball in the open court or otherwise. It's awfully disappointing that he can be made to look so bad, especially given the SF's we traded away (Diaw, Childress) and passed over (Gay) so that he could start for us. That fastbreak could've been a game-changer...and it kinda was...just for the Bulls.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

Why? Do you think everyone has it out for Marvin? Nobody wants Marvin to fail. This ain't personal, mate. I would be elated if Marvin put up 30/10/10 in game 3. Do you really think we'll all be scowling and cursing in such a case, while you belly laugh, pointing at us? Look, Marvin does a few things well. He defends reasonably well, he has a good mid-range jumper...usually, he shoots FT's well, and when he catches the ball cutting to the basket, he has the ability to get fouled. He's not a worthless player, but he's awfully bad at doing the things that quality NBA players do. He can't get his own shot, get others involved, or handle the ball in the open court or otherwise. It's awfully disappointing that he can be made to look so bad, especially given the SF's we traded away (Diaw, Childress) and passed over (Gay) so that he could start for us. That fastbreak could've been a game-changer...and it kinda was...just for the Bulls.

Even I have to agree here... and I have never liked Marvin. I just want Marvin to do his job. If Marvin breaks out in game three... Great!!!! But to see him on the court now and see him getting beat by everybody he plays then missing layups and easy shots and to see him just stand on the three point line waiting when Joe is doubled makes me sick.