• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Do you think Smoove has a legit weight problem?..

MVP23

• Moderators

That pic always reminds me of one of those horror films where the angry beast jumps up outta somebody's chest.

As long as Smoove can fit into a Harry the Hawk outfit when it's time to retire then it's all good.

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

The weight issue is a little overblown. He recently got married and is getting a little older. It happens to the best of 'em. But he could stand to slim down a little and keep in better shape BEFORE it becomes a real problem. The real issue isn't Smoove's weight as much as his style of play/decision making. I hope he can get it together in this series. The ECF is within reach and we absolutely NEED the positive things he can bring to the table.

After watching some youtube videos of young Josh Smith, I almost shed a tear, I would go as far as to say that he was the best dunker in the game back then. Now, he can still dunk sure, but he doesn't get as high as he used to.

Not nearly as high as he used to. Those are the days where he used to dunk on ANYONE from ANYWHERE. He needs to get back to doing that.

• Premium Member

That pic always reminds me of one of those horror films where the angry beast jumps up outta somebody's chest.

~lw3

You mean this?

Edited by niremetal
  • Like 1

I think it is a legit concern. He looks to have gained weight even from last year if you look at clips from last year. It is only going to get worse if he does not change it now, but why should anyone have faith in him changing anything pertaining to basketball on his own?

I too think there is a legit concern and getting older shouldn't quite be a valid excuse for him yet. He was dunked on twice last game. I can't remember the last time he was dunked on twice in one game. It may have never happened before. It didn't happen because he is getting older. It is because he isn't in nearly the shape he was in. Even looking at pictures from early last season, there is a noticeable difference. If fat old Jason Collins can work his tail off and drop 25lb in the offseason at his age, there is no excuse for Smoove to not do the same. He thrives off of his athleticism. Hopefully he works himself back into shape and extends his dominance as one of the NBA's elite athletes.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I can't remember the last time he was dunked on twice in one game. It may have never happened before.

Tyrus Thomas got him twice when he was with the Bulls at the Factory, but that was like 4 years and about 100 trips to Dreamland BBQ ago.

~lw3