• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I don't want Marvin to ever touch the ball again

CBAreject

First of all, HOLY CRAP, we won! My prediction of 4 or 5 games and a loss will be proven wrong by these Hawks again. I do believe this is the closest the Hawks have been to an ECF since 1987.

Now for the negative: I just can't believe how bad Marvin is looking on offense. He has Asik isolated on the perimeter and can't shake him. A wing matched up with a center and can't take it by him. Marvin gets the ball right under the basket twice and can't do anything but go straight up and get rejected.

Great move by LD to leave him on the bench to start the game. Collins gave us great minutes in the first quarter. Marvin's role is reduced to a defensive sub now, and that is a good thing.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Marvin got CLOBBERED on two of those "blocks" and hit across the body (the type of move that got Rose to the line repeatedly) on one more. The refs just weren't giving the Hawks the benefit of any calls in the first half. He wasn't good tonight, but he wasn't nearly as bad as the box score made him out to be. He should have been 0-2 with 1 block against and 6 FTAs.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Sorry to pile-on, but I just want catch-and-shoot Jamal from here on out. No more of these Curly Neal dribbling displays, please!

Although Marvin wasn't a total trainwreck tonight, I'd rather swap Damien and Marvin's minutes for the rest of this series.

~lw3

Sorry to pile-on, but I just want catch-and-shoot Jamal from here on out. No more of these Curly Neal dribbling displays, please!

Although Marvin wasn't a total trainwreck tonight, I'd rather swap Damien and Marvin's minutes for the rest of this series.

~lw3

Marvin's main problem is he just can't finish in the lane when he gets hit or with defenders surrounding him. He needs to learn how to use the glass. Should spend sometime this summer working out with Josh. Smoove has gotten better with using the glass this year.

• Like 1