• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

this Hawks team as you know it is gone

gsuteke

Throughout this thread there seems to be alot of trade, "Horford for a guy like this" or, "Smith for a guy like that", but it seems like no one really has an idea of what is available. As for blowing up the team let me take you back to a time when we were making it to the second round back in the nineties. We were a consistent good team but we couldn't get over the second round hump. So we played a Knicks team that was the feel good story of the year. A returning Spreewell after the PJ Carlesimo incident and they were the 8th seed. Management decided it was time to, "blow it up" after we lost to the Knicks in the second round and out went class guys like Jim Jackson and in came trash like Isaiah Rider and soon to follow was disappointment after disappointment. Years of low win totals and no hope of ever getting to the playoffs.

So throughout this thread people seem to be doubting Sund's ability to judge talent etc etc and with an ownership group in chaos perhaps we may want to just be happy with where we are at since some of us have been down this road before.

Having said that I can still see potential in this team. Teague impressed me a great deal with his ability to aggressively get to the hole and I feel that we could do worse then a starting five of: Teague, Hinrich, Johnson, Smith and Horford next year if we had to go that way. If and there are a lot of if's but if we could get Teague and Hinrich and Smith to aggressively go to the hole Johnson and Horford could feed off of that.

I think that Larry Drew deserves another year with this team and I do agree that some things need to be tweaked but for everyone wanting a center you need to realize that there isn't much out there.

So what are you saying that Atlanta needs to stay put and keep the core.? :banghead:

IMO, I think that you might have to blow it up alittle bit, if we are going to be in the running for D. Howard or C. Paul in the future. Right now, we are just way too mismatched in many areas. Jeff Teague is going to be a keeper but the question is can he do it as a starter for 82 games including playoffs. Marvin is gone no matter what and we have to decide now, if it is Josh or Al we keep. So no matter what, Atlanta Hawks is going to be alot different next year. Besides, there is maybe a team who would take JJ, besides if Lewis, Davis and Hibachi-san was trade with their contracts then he can too.

• Moderators

out went class guys like Jim Jackson and in came trash like Isaiah Rider and soon to follow was disappointment after disappointment.

Just thought it worth mentioning that Jackson and Rider came to the team together in a trade for Steve Smith.

Just thought it worth mentioning that Jackson and Rider came to the team together in a trade for Steve Smith.

That's right. I think the point still stands though. When Rider got here as our, "rebuild" project after our change in philosophy we were done. As for if we should stay put or not I am not saying that we should but I hope that if we do decide to make some changes that they are well calculated. Keep in mind we did once trade Nique for a one year player in Danny Manning.

Ok From reading this thread I see some things that could happen and some things that wont happen For those who say trade J.J. Al and Smoove forget it not happening at all This is the ASG we are talking bout They Just resigned Joe to a huge contract They going to try and see if he pan out at-least for 1 more year Al Got resigned Days into the season so the same goes for him as well and as for smoove Management still holds him in high standards thats there guy the bread maker so to speak he partly the reason why they even have a crowd on a weds night vs the T-wolves And he would be the only reason why D12 would consider to come home. I say Trade Marv Move Joe to the 3 have Kirk and Jeff in the back court Still have al and Josh play there position and Get a Valuable C to back up Al and see how LD play with his line-ups in situations