• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith's emotions

atlguitar

I was at the game. Here's what I noticed.

-During the halftime shootaround, Josh was ... on the bench. He stayed on the bench while everyone else on the team was shooting. LD came over and didn't seem to care.

-In garbage time, when the starters were benched, he sat there staring straight ahead with a towel on his head. No one else had a towel and they were all pretty much watching the game.

If you will recall, Josh was hit with an offensive charge on a drive in the closing minutes of the second quarter. He made the shot, and we all thought he was going to get And-1. We could have been down by only 7 going to the half. When he came back out and refused to warm up for some reason I didn't take it that he was selfish but that he was trying to get in a zone. Still odd but it seemed like he cared big time about geting us a win.

I think this game's outcome hurt him the most. He took it the most personal. His body language when the team left to the lockers at the final buzzer was different from all the other players. Josh didn't have a crap game, he surely wasn't responsible for the blowout, but it looked like he was blaming himself.

What do you think about Josh's drive/maturity/heart at this point in time? What about being the only one to skip the shootaround?

• Like 1

I wasn't there. But this thread is the best I've read of the night. I don't know.

He is one of the few players that should be wearing a Hawks jersey next season. I love his grit, attitude, and emotion towards the game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

You win as a TEAM you lose as a TEAM no one is more or less responsible for what happend tonight.And thats the truth.

I stopped watching halfway 8 minutes into the 4th. but I heard Joe was laughing and smiling. Is that true?

Yeah, our leader, superstar, was laughing and smiling after the blowout, talking to the Bulls players.

Could you imagine any other team leader doing this?

Seems to me that Josh tries every night to prove everyone wrong that he can't make a jump shot. He will get his token blocked shots every night. He will get his token one or two buckets in the paint. But it still seems to me he is trying to prove to everyone that he can make a jump shot. It hurts the team.

Joe, on the other hand. Well he is just laughing to the bank after the game.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

What do you think about Josh's drive/maturity/heart at this point in time? What about being the only one to skip the shootaround?

That call was BS and so was the call where he supposed fouled Deng and caused him to fall. I think Josh is our most emotional player. At one point in the game, he was just standing out there on defense with his hands on his hips. His body language said.. I give up. However, he snapped out and played. So i don't know.

That call was horseshit, I can't really blame him for giving up against Stern.

^^^But do you blame him for giving up on his team, even for a few minutes, if you are admitting he gave up. Still it's immaturity.

Edited by Eddielives

• Premium Member

You make knock Josh for a lot of things, but one thing you can never question is his heart. The guy gives everything he has and I don't blame him for being upset at the loss. Joe on the other hand...just smh. In my mind, reupping him to that kind of deal was extremely short-sighted.

• Like 1

You make knock Josh for a lot of things, but one thing you can never question is his heart. The guy gives everything he has and I don't blame him for being upset at the loss. Joe on the other hand...just smh. In my mind, reupping him to that kind of deal was extremely short-sighted.

Was he giving heart when Hubie Brown called him out for loafing on defense on national television....

Was he giving heart when Hubie Brown called him out for loafing on defense on national television....

uhmm that wasn't this game, so hush..

Jeff Teague, Josh Smith and Za-Za gave it their all last night..

Al Horford, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford were obviously ready for an early vacation, so they didn't bother showing up..

Edited by HawksFan87

Even still when he did, was the guy tired and took 'a play' off? For anyone who combats that with, 'no matter what, you never take a play off or a break', GET REAL!! The dude clearly hussles his azz off.

This is not to bash Joe but when Joe threw the ball away (Noah cut off the passing lane) and Teague and I think Watson was in a foot race for the ball, when Teague contested, Watson passed the ball to the trailer, you could see Joe in the background not even trotting down the court. Then Larry Drew called a timeout and got on Jeff Teague, I think for not SPRINTING to recover the ball/pass from Noah to Watson. I was like, 'wrong person to be getting on Drew.' This is not to bash Joe but I'm just saying that it happens. People do get tired on the court and if only for a moment, they 'slack' off to get a breather. After every turnover, do the WHOLE team SPRINTS down court. Nope!! Please don't act like they do.

Jeff Teague, Josh Smith and Za-Za gave it their all last night..

Al Horford, Joe Johnson, and Jamal Crawford were obviously ready for an early vacation, so they didn't bother showing up..

^^^THIS^^^

At least this is what I seen. Bad games happen, but timing and clutch is what counts.