• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jeff Teague could be in trouble

DeacKillsaDevil

• Premium Member

I'm not going to talk about the merits of the case directly... but I will say it's irresponsible journalism.

Where's the fact checking??

She said and the reporter repeated that Schools like Wake Forest looked the other way because they didn't want to lose money??

Really?

Wake Forest afraid to lose money?? They are a private university and they have about a Billion dollar endowment. I don't think they even consider government aid as being a significant piece of their pie. Nor do they care about basketball revenue that much...

Where's the fact check or the logic?

Oh Yeah, Gary Clark was an important part of the basketball team??

Really.

Dude averaged 3.2 ppg that season.

Edited by Diesel
  • Like 1

OK. So Teague didn't get any head from the girl, he didn't force her to do anything, and he walked her back to her room and asked her what happened, but he still gets his name dragged through the mud on a national television program??? WHY??? Usually, in a sexual assault case involving more than one guy, both guys get a turn. I don't see why Teague is even being brought up.

Edited by Antmillennium
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

OK. So Teague didn't get any head from the girl, he didn't force her to do anything, and he walked her back to her room and asked her what happened, but he still gets his name dragged through the mud on a national television program??? WHY??? Usually, in a sexual assault case involving more than one guy, both guys get a turn. I don't see why Teague is even being brought up.

Teague gets a mention because he was the pro prospect.

• Premium Member

New facts to consider...

Two other people were in the bathroom?

Really?

Really??

My imagination tells me that there was at least another girl in the bathroom.

Reason being is that if there was another guy in there then this would definitely have been ugly. G.R... However, another girl in the bathroom makes this what she was looking for from the get go... A party.

Seems like Jeff Teague may have been the caboose on the Ho train!

Obviously, Jeff didn't take part in the situation. Otherwise, she would have accused him of more than watching the door.

I get the feeling that her story feel apart at all levels and she took it to NBC because of her parents.

New facts to consider...

Really?

Really??

My imagination tells me that there was at least another girl in the bathroom.

Reason being is that if there was another guy in there then this would definitely have been ugly. G.R... However, another girl in the bathroom makes this what she was looking for from the get go... A party.

Seems like Jeff Teague may have been the caboose on the Ho train!

Obviously, Jeff didn't take part in the situation. Otherwise, she would have accused him of more than watching the door.

I get the feeling that her story feel apart at all levels and she took it to NBC because of her parents.

I could be wrong, but what I gathered from the report was that there were two additional people in the hotel room - not necessarily in the bathroom.

• Premium Member

I could be wrong, but what I gathered from the report was that there were two additional people in the hotel room - not necessarily in the bathroom.

The report made reference to a dark, cold place that Clark threw her into. It seems that Teague was outside the hotel room?

I still believe that there had to be another couple (at least 1 girl) in the room.

Gary Clark = "One of Wake Forest's most valuable players, a top scorer for the team."

vader-fail.jpg

Edited by Diesel

• Moderators

New facts to consider...

Really?

Really??

Ant's right. The lawyer meant to say there were two other people in the HOTEL room. Clarke and Hurt made a beeline for the bathroom once they entered the hotel room (supposedly with Teague). Teague and the other two were in the hotel room, but outside the boom-boom room.

What's fascinating to me is, if Teague was implicated and he wasn't even in the bathroom, why were the other two NOT?

~lw3

• Moderators

The report made reference to a dark, cold place that Clark threw her into.

Hotel bathroom floors tend to be cold. Or, so I've heard...

Clark and Hurt may not have bothered turning the lights on once in the bathroom. Any chance she thought she was with Teague in there until the lights came on?

~lw3

Hotel bathroom floors tend to be cold. Or, so I've heard...

Clark and Hurt may not have bothered turning the lights on once in the bathroom. Any chance she thought she was with Teague in there until the lights came on?

~lw3

No, it's been reported time and time again that Teague was outside !

• Moderators

No, it's been reported time and time again that Teague was outside !

Now I know how Abbott and Costello feel. My bad you're right, Teague was outside the HOTEL room altogether... and doesn't that make her case even worse? Two other people are in the room (Clarks roomate and a GF). Why weren't they implicated? Did she know they were in bed asleep or something? I'm still wondering whether she thinks there was some cruel switcheroo that happened as they approached the hotel room.

~lw3

• Like 1

Now I know how Abbott and Costello feel. My bad you're right, Teague was outside the HOTEL room altogether... and doesn't that make her case even worse? Two other people are in the room (Clarks roomate and a GF). Why weren't they implicated? Did she know they were in bed asleep or something? I'm still wondering whether she thinks there was some cruel switcheroo that happened as they approached the hotel room.

~lw3

I think she was trying to impress Teague or get to him, and when she couldn't she decided to scream rape/sexual abuse.. If she was so afraid why did she let him walk he back 2 her room ?

• Moderators

I'm sorry to be obsessing over this, but I'm still fuming over the Peacock network. They need to be catching way more heat than some scorned former co-ed is.

Their sister station later that same day (touching on the DSK-IMF case) threw the factoid out there that someone is getting sexually assaulted every two minutes in the US. That's what, 720 events a day on average? Now, this story was supposed to be about "sexual assaults on college campuses, and colleges maybe turning a blind eye." If I just suppose that only 10 percent of these assaults happen on college campuses, there's more than 50,000 potential instances to investigate in the two years since this.

Yet NBC finds an accusation that was thrown out of BOTH a university judicial board and a metro police department, for some situation that DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS (argh!), and make THAT their showcase story? Really? Any rational person working as the editor of that news program, presented with just these two stories (Wake and IU, and that's it), would order the reporter and his investigative team back to the drawing board. This came across like some stuff scooped up from off the Dateline cutting room floor.

Almost as bad to me... amidst all the sniffling victims they wanted to put up there on the screen to tug at our emotions, NBC's crack investigative staff couldn't happen upon one white perp at all these colleges? One? Out of maybe 50,000 cases? Brothers got enough to deal with on campus without worrying about sexualized phobias engendered by palming a freaking basketball (see the video if you don't know what I'm referring to). And leaving that "they only got away with it because they're basketball stars (cough, Clark, cough)" accusation out there unchecked was extremely underhanded. When has Miami-Dade police, of all people, ever sought to let athletes off the hook in that town?

NBC probably just handed themselves at least one mega-bucks lawsuit (Clarke, Teague, Wake), made a defendant out of Ms. Hurt, too, put all (most of?) her dirty laundry in the streets, gave collegiate athletics a black eye to match the other thousand black eyes, aggravated an interracial theme that should be long dead by now, and gave a young NBA player some ill-gained notoriety. And none of it was necessary.

~lw3

• Moderators

Almost as bad to me... amidst all the sniffling victims they wanted to put up there on the screen to tug at our emotions, NBC's crack investigative staff couldn't happen upon one white perp at all these colleges? One? Out of maybe 50,000 cases?

If it makes you feel any better, no case has gotten as much attention in recent years as the Duke lacross scandal.

The worst part about it - as someone else said - is these highly publicized cases with accusers who turn out not to have anything to back up their stories make it less likely the next woman with a legitimate case will be heard.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Even Dookie LAX would be a bad balancer. Trumped up both the interracial hanky-panky angle and the "they only get away because they're jocks" angle. That reporter would've been totally euphoric covering that one.

I forgot about that stat the NBC reporter even led in with. "DOJ: an estimated 1 in 5 women will be sexually assaulted while in college." 20 percent. And THIS was the best they could dredge up? Plastering the face of a kid who wasn't even in the hotel room with the accuser on TV?

~lw3

Edited by lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Ant's right. The lawyer meant to say there were two other people in the HOTEL room. Clarke and Hurt made a beeline for the bathroom once they entered the hotel room (supposedly with Teague). Teague and the other two were in the hotel room, but outside the boom-boom room.

What's fascinating to me is, if Teague was implicated and he wasn't even in the bathroom, why were the other two NOT?

~lw3

If you go back to the Today Show and listen to her story... She left Teague outside the hotel room, not outside the bathroom. She said Clark threw her into a cold dark place with nobody there. I infered that Teague didn't enter the hotel room.. that's why originally I thought somebody was in the bathroom. But if the dark cold place is the hotel room, listen to her again.

• Premium Member

I'm sorry to be obsessing over this, but I'm still fuming over the Peacock network. They need to be catching way more heat than some scorned former co-ed is.

Their sister station later that same day (touching on the DSK-IMF case) threw the factoid out there that someone is getting sexually assaulted every two minutes in the US. That's what, 720 events a day on average? Now, this story was supposed to be about "sexual assaults on college campuses, and colleges maybe turning a blind eye." If I just suppose that only 10 percent of these assaults happen on college campuses, there's more than 50,000 potential instances to investigate in the two years since this.

Yet NBC finds an accusation that was thrown out of BOTH a university judicial board and a metro police department, for some situation that DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN ON A COLLEGE CAMPUS (argh!), and make THAT their showcase story? Really? Any rational person working as the editor of that news program, presented with just these two stories (Wake and IU, and that's it), would order the reporter and his investigative team back to the drawing board. This came across like some stuff scooped up from off the Dateline cutting room floor.

Almost as bad to me... amidst all the sniffling victims they wanted to put up there on the screen to tug at our emotions, NBC's crack investigative staff couldn't happen upon one white perp at all these colleges? One? Out of maybe 50,000 cases? Brothers got enough to deal with on campus without worrying about sexualized phobias engendered by palming a freaking basketball (see the video if you don't know what I'm referring to). And leaving that "they only got away with it because they're basketball stars (cough, Clark, cough)" accusation out there unchecked was extremely underhanded. When has Miami-Dade police, of all people, ever sought to let athletes off the hook in that town?

NBC probably just handed themselves at least one mega-bucks lawsuit (Clarke, Teague, Wake), made a defendant out of Ms. Hurt, too, put all (most of?) her dirty laundry in the streets, gave collegiate athletics a black eye to match the other thousand black eyes, aggravated an interracial theme that should be long dead by now, and gave a young NBA player some ill-gained notoriety. And none of it was necessary.

~lw3

Well, College is touchy. The students are adults and no longer under the age of consent. Yet, the University is responsible for situations that occur when the students are travelling under the Universities banner. Still, I think that when the Miami Dade Police threw this out, that it wasn't a case of stardom or money (bad choice of her accusing WFU of needing the money that Gary Clark could draw). ...

Wait... Wait..

She involved Teague because it makes for her story to have some weight. Clark rode the bench and was pretty sorry. Teague gets her the name that she seeks. BUT ... Teague wasn't in the room. If it were he said she said Clark vs. Hurt... then it would stand more of a chance. BUT her actions... and then her putting Teague in it just ruined it.

What makes it worse is that there was another girl in the room. That's why they went to the bathroom. Somebody else was getting busy in the hotel room. Why else would they go there. If there was another couple in the room, why are they missing from her recollection of the incident? Maybe because it was the ho train.

The smartest thing that Teague did was stay out of the room. The dumbest thing that she did was allow Teague to walk her back to her room.

• Like 1