• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What do you want this Off-Season?

Guest Squawker

Guest Squawker

Just curious to see what everyone's perspective is.

Be realistic too.

I kinda want Derrick Williams but i doubt we would trade up for that.

Edited by Squawker

• Premium Member

Be realistic too.

I want a 7 footer who can defend, get rebounds, and score if called on.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Be realistic too.

If we're talking about down to Earth conversation here, within the realm of our control, etc... Then I have two things that I want to see between now and the start of the season.

#1) I want to see this thing with Teague. We leaned on him in the playoffs and good God did he respond. If there was one truly bright spot in the playoffs, it was the promise he showed. I want to see a 1, 2, 3 of Teague, Kirk, and Joe - with JT being given the green light just like in the playoffs.

#2) I want this team to figure out what it's going to do about our 4/5. Plain and simple.

• Like 1

I would love to move Josh Smith in a package for a Real Center, and try to get a SF better than Marvin via Free Agency so we can start:

Teague

Joe

new SF

Al

new C

Hinrich would be 3rd guard if not moved in a deal to get someone else.

1. More emphasis on perimeter defense.

2. More emphasis on getting players that can make plays going to the basket.

3. Better depth at the center position.

I would personaly like to see the Hawks go into the season with Jeff Teague and Kirk Hinrich playing together in the backcourt. It would do two things. First, it improves our perimeter defense by sliding Joe over to the small forward position. Second, it improves our offensive efficiency because it will effectively take the ball out of Joe's hands as a primary ball handler in many sets due to the fact that both Teague and Hinrich can run the offense. We would absolutely have to add some depth behind Teague and Hinrich though, and it's unfortunate that we don't have a first round pick.

Also, we have to get a better rotation of useless big men than Jason Collins, Etan Thomas, and Hilton Armstrong.

• Like 1

I'd like to see guys moved.

First the ineffective Marvin.

Second Joe.

Third Al because he is a big gone "euro" intimidated by other physical bigs.

I do believe it is achievable with hard work.

A team in love with Al agrees to take Marvin also. A team on the verge or ready to move deep into the playoffs would take Joe. New Jersey (Brooklyn) comes to mind. Memphis is another.

Back to Al, move for a Marc Gasol, Bogut, Bynum, Chandler plus strong parts. I'd approach the Lakers for Bynum, Shannon (S&T) and a pick (Marvin of couse included).

Sign Damien, Jamal and Reggie Evans.

Back to Joe, approach the Nets for Humphries and their first round Pick.

Would look like

Teague/Heinrich/Shannon

Shannon/Jamal/Heinrich

Josh/Damien/Pick

Humphries/Josh/Evans

(MGasol,Bogut,Bynum,Chandler)/Zaza/Pick

This is a strong, tough, defensive team that can go deep in the playoffs.

• Like 1

I would like for the Hawks to use there expiring this year to make the team better unlike last year. That means trade Kirk for cap space or something we really need like SF or true C upgrade, also send Marvin and Zaza with him. SF and Center upgrades are a must and we will have to find a new bench spark. Something has to happen we can not just bring back a bunch of minimum level players who are not affective.

Assuming there are no trades (hope not):

1. I want this team to get tougher and meaner.

2. If we cannot trade Marvin I want him to come back a better defender and dead-eye 3-pt shooter.

3. Al needs to work on his post moves and footwork.

4. Since Josh insists he doesn't care about what people say about his shot selection he might as well work on it and while he is at it he might as well call "Hakeem the Dream" to work on his post moves and for crying out loud LOOSE SOME WEIGHT.

5. Teague needs to working on his jumpshot and floater.

Edited by jaybird

I want to package Josh for a big man. I don't care if we give up talent, I'm just sick and tired of Josh Smith bringing the ball up the court, shooting jumpers, and making bad plays. Nene would be my most optimistic choice. Maybe we can also get wilson chandler from them if we package marvin.

Kris Humphries is an unrestricted free agent, so we wouldn't even need to trade for him presumably. We could just sign him outright if we could get enough financial flexibility to be able to do that. Supposedly Jersey wants to keep him, but we'll see. After the first time in his career getting regular minutes, dude was a fricken beast the second half of the season, averaging about 15 points and 15 boards per game, almost Kevin Love-like. Still only 26 too. Was he extra-motivated playing for a contract this summer, or was that the real Kris Humphries we saw the second part of the season in Jersey there, and did he just need a chance to show people what he could do with regular minutes?

I have no idea. I like him though cause he played his college ball at my alma-mater (though he should have stayed in school, came out WAY too early), plus he's dating Kim Kardashian. Good stuff right there...

Kris Humphries is an unrestricted free agent, so we wouldn't even need to trade for him presumably. We could just sign him outright if we could get enough financial flexibility to be able to do that. Supposedly Jersey wants to keep him, but we'll see. After the first time in his career getting regular minutes, dude was a fricken beast the second half of the season, averaging about 15 points and 15 boards per game, almost Kevin Love-like. Still only 26 too. Was he extra-motivated playing for a contract this summer, or was that the real Kris Humphries we saw the second part of the season in Jersey there, and did he just need a chance to show people what he could do with regular minutes?

I have no idea. I like him though cause he played his college ball at my alma-mater (though he should have stayed in school, came out WAY too early), plus he's dating Kim Kardashian. Good stuff right there...

To deal Joe there would mean a S&T, I believe.

Josh Smith to Cleveland for Varaejo and the 4th pick, then move up to the #2 pick by sending the Twolves the #4 pick, 2011-12 2nd rd pick,2012-13 1st round pick, select Derrick Williams #2 overall

PG Teague/Kirk/Earl Watson (minimum)

SG Joe/Marcus Thorton (MLE)/Pape

SF Derrick Williams/Marvin Williams/Gary Flowers (Draft)

PF Al/Reggie Evans (MLE)/Chris Wilcox (minimum)

C Varaejo/Zaza/Fesenko (minimum)

Josh Smith to Cleveland for Varaejo and the 4th pick, then move up to the #2 pick by sending the Twolves the #4 pick, 2011-12 2nd rd pick,2012-13 1st round pick, select Derrick Williams #2 overall

PG Teague/Kirk/Earl Watson (minimum)

SG Joe/Marcus Thorton (MLE)/Pape

SF Derrick Williams/Marvin Williams/Gary Flowers (Draft)

PF Al/Reggie Evans (MLE)/Chris Wilcox (minimum)

C Varaejo/Zaza/Fesenko (minimum)

Why go through the Cavs to do this? We could get the #2 from Minn for Josh with us getting back Darko and one of Beasly/Wes Johnson. Varejao makes too much money for what he's capable of doing.

And I really don't see Minn doing that trade of #2 for #4 + very low picks. There's a huge difference in #2 and #4 this year.